any ideas on some remedies?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 22nd, 2011, 07:43 AM
safarilime's Avatar Super Mommy
FOR HEART BURN!! i have it every day every hour. its drivin me nuts. I drink alot of water and it seems to make it worse... and now ice cream has become one of my favorite food to make it bareabel for about an hour.

So maybe someone knows something i can do.. i heard drinking milk helps for alittle bit but then makes it worse.

I sleep up again my wall some nights for a little relief but now thats not even helping.

September 22nd, 2011, 09:30 AM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
I've taken Papaya Enzyme with both pregnancies because I can't stand the taste of tums. It was suggested by the midwife in my OBs office last time due to the fact that she was concerned about the amount of calcium I was taking in with tums. Someone else in an earlier post said they found some research that was not positive about papaya enzyme while pregnant, but I've not seen any (my doctor even approved it this go round so I haven't looked all that hard...admittedly) I also only have to take it about 4-5 times a week. Anyway, do your research, but it's an option to look into. It's located in the vitamin section of most drug stores.

You might also talk to your doctor, if this is an ongoing problem, you might want to ask if you can take some OTC drug like zantac or prilosec.

September 22nd, 2011, 09:40 AM
jennybunny82's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was prescribed Nexium for heartburn and indigestion. I get really bad indigestion when I'm pregnant. Works for me...

September 22nd, 2011, 11:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Im taking tums and OTC acid reducers. Plus lots of icecream
September 22nd, 2011, 12:20 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
My doctor remedied mine with a prescription. It was so bad at times that I would wake up and not even know where I was because of all the pain. I take Pepsid and stay away from acidic food now.

3 on Earth and 7 in Heaven Hoping to get knocked up in 2016...sometimes.
http://arwenart.com
September 22nd, 2011, 12:58 PM
mommy2kenzie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I took the Children's chewable Pepto tablets. I cannot swallow the pink liquid so this really helped my heartburn towards the end of the my pregnancy. I hope you find some relief soon!

siggy by Jaidynsmum
September 22nd, 2011, 01:28 PM
sarah_19_nz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You should talk to your doc and get something for it. I would say that ice cream helps in the short term for relief but possibly making it worse, at night time perhaps?? I dunno though. Hope you get it settled soon

September 22nd, 2011, 01:55 PM
MReel11008's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Someone recommended Pepcid complete chewables to me and they have helped quiet a bit. Maybe get some of those OTC to try and if it doesn't give you any relief ask the dr for something else. I deal with acid reflux and it has been so bad this time around that I have had the chest pains instead of just the burning sensations. AWFUL!

September 22nd, 2011, 02:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Tums are fine during pregnancy. I had heart burn bad during my first pregnancy and I drank like three gallons of milk a week by myself because of it.

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy!
September 22nd, 2011, 03:17 PM
safarilime's Avatar Super Mommy
Wow thanks alot!

September 22nd, 2011, 03:24 PM
~Mindy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For me Tums and ice cream are my go-to remedies. Of course they don't always work, but most of the time they help at least a little. I've found that the best thing is to try and prevent heartburn from even starting as much as possible. The strangest things will give me heartburn when I'm pregnant. Peanut butter is a major heartburn inducer for me, and any Chef Boyardee canned pastas, I get heartburn just looking at them! Also try not to eat anything for a few hours before bedtime.

DH makes awesome chili that I was craving a couple weeks ago. So I asked him to make it- BAD idea. I thought, oh it will be okay, I'll just have heartburn for a few hours after I eat it but then I'll be fine. Boy was I wrong, I had horrible non stop heartburn for at least a week after eating that chili!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search