Do You Remember to Take Your Prenatals Every Day?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 22nd, 2011, 12:08 PM
~Mindy~'s Avatar Full hands...Full ❤
This is terrible, but I keep forgetting to take mine! I remember them about every other day or so. The problem is if I take them in the morning then I burp up a yucky fishy taste all day from the DHA supplement (which I don't understand since the label says there's no fish in them). So I take them in the evening just before bed, but half the time I'm so tired that I forget. I've got to figure out a way to remember. I hate not taking them every day!

Mindy ~ Mom to Dharma ~11
Leilani ~9
Dylan ~ 6
Malachi ~3
Delilah ~5 months

September 22nd, 2011, 12:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yea Im really bad too, DH set an alarm every night to remind me!
September 22nd, 2011, 12:18 PM
n8tsmomma's Avatar Super Mommy
I think I remember to take them every couple days or so but I never took them with my son and he came out fine. For some reason I remember to take them when I have a nursing baby but during pregnancy not so much.

September 22nd, 2011, 12:20 PM
BSandDsMommy's Avatar Mommy to three boys
I always forget too I usually remember every few days

Baby girl due Dec. 2014

Make a pregnancy ticker
September 22nd, 2011, 12:24 PM
sarah_19_nz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I remember coz I have them next to the toaster and Jug so whenever I get breakfast, which is early every morning I see them right there.

In the US you guys are encouraged to take a pregnancy multivitamin yeah?

Here in N.Z we are given iodine and folic acid prescriptions and the doctors say that the multivitamins are really just a money spinner and that if we need anything extra they prescribe it for a SIGNIFICANTLY govt subsidised price. eg. iron pills

So what vitamins do you take? If a multi, what exactly does it contain and how much do you pay? (I have no idea of brand names in US so you have to be specific!

(sorry don't mean to take over this thead! Please answer first question/poster FIRST! hehe Just thought this fit in here nicely.)

September 22nd, 2011, 12:37 PM
marinewife0702's Avatar proud first time mama
I take mine every day either with lunch or dinner. if its after dinner time I cant take it because I get nauseous if I take it without food.

September 22nd, 2011, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah_19_nz View Post
I remember coz I have them next to the toaster and Jug so whenever I get breakfast, which is early every morning I see them right there.

In the US you guys are encouraged to take a pregnancy multivitamin yeah?

Here in N.Z we are given iodine and folic acid prescriptions and the doctors say that the multivitamins are really just a money spinner and that if we need anything extra they prescribe it for a SIGNIFICANTLY govt subsidised price. eg. iron pills

So what vitamins do you take? If a multi, what exactly does it contain and how much do you pay? (I have no idea of brand names in US so you have to be specific!

(sorry don't mean to take over this thead! Please answer first question/poster FIRST! hehe Just thought this fit in here nicely.)
With my last pregnancy I took a prescription vitamin called Prenate with DHA. My OB said that the over-the-counter prenatals are just as good, so that's what I'm taking this time around.

They are the One-a-Day brand prenatal with DHA and there's a whole long list of different vitamins that are in them. Pretty much your standard multi-vitamin with extra folic acid and things that pregnant women need more of.

I think they are around $12 for a 100 day supply. DH bought them and I don't remember exactly how much he said they cost.

Leilani ~9
Dylan ~ 6
Malachi ~3
Delilah ~5 months

September 22nd, 2011, 12:45 PM
Super Mommy
I never forget. I get the one a day with dha also, but mine cost 16$ for a 30 day supply...weird
September 22nd, 2011, 12:45 PM
katylady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was having a horrible time remembering to take my prenatal when I was taking them at dinner. But I switched it up to after breakfast and it seems to be working out for me.
September 22nd, 2011, 12:46 PM
Veteran
I'm suppose to take 4 of the ones I have, but usually end up only taking 1-2. I was going to get the prescription my dr gave me but it was going to be &45 for a month supply even with insurance!!! Normal over the counter are anywhere from $10-30 for a month supply
September 22nd, 2011, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunkist20 View Post
I never forget. I get the one a day with dha also, but mine cost 16$ for a 30 day supply...weird
I just checked and mine are 30 day supply too. The regular One a Days that I took before I got pregnant were 100 day supply per bottle.

Leilani ~9
Dylan ~ 6
Malachi ~3
Delilah ~5 months

Last edited by ~Mindy~; September 22nd, 2011 at 12:57 PM.
September 22nd, 2011, 12:58 PM
sarah_19_nz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Mindy~ View Post
With my last pregnancy I took a prescription vitamin called Prenate with DHA. My OB said that the over-the-counter prenatals are just as good, so that's what I'm taking this time around.

They are the One-a-Day brand prenatal with DHA and there's a whole long list of different vitamins that are in them. Pretty much your standard multi-vitamin with extra folic acid and things that pregnant women need more of.

I think they are around $12 for a 100 day supply. DH bought them and I don't remember exactly how much he said they cost.
Ohhh ok thanks! I had to google DHA. I know what omega-3 essential fatty acids are though (seems to be the same thing or similar) I'm not sure that it's common to have it in prenatal vitamins here?? Maybe I dunno but we are encouraged to eat foods that contain this vitamin, such as fish once a week (not the high mercury ones of course), and nuts and seeds.

We pay about US$72 for a 100 day supply of prenatal vitamins here!!!. Therefore most of us go for the standard doc prescribed vitamins

September 22nd, 2011, 01:15 PM
Super Mommy
I am really bad as well. I am horrible at taking any kind of pills really. After DS I set an alarm clock on my cell to go off at 5:00 pm that sounded like a crying baby for my bc pill. I wonder if prenatals come in chewable then I could easily just keep them in my purse and take them whenever. I'm horrible about remembering to eat breakfast lately as well. I just get so busy in the am that it doesn't hit me until I'm sick.

September 22nd, 2011, 01:20 PM
Super Mommy
I remember most days, I always take it when I have supper, the days I do forget are the days that I don't have supper at home.

My prenatal vitamins were like $22 for 275 days worth.
September 22nd, 2011, 01:35 PM
BrittanyLBH's Avatar (Formerly DueFeb2012)
I remember about every other day as well. I feel SO guilty about it, and I was too ashamed to post, so I 'm glad someone did. Mine's 30 days and it was freaking $70 per bottle. I only found out b/c we had an insurance slip-up and almost had to pay out of pocket, but they fixed it at the last minute.

Early on, when I was taking the gummies, I remembered every single day. Because they were in the door of the fridge and so every time I'd open the door, the bottle would roll over and make a little notice and I 'd remember. No matter where I sit this bottle, I can't remember except for every other day.

September 22nd, 2011, 01:44 PM
.ingrid.'s Avatar TTC #2 on clomid
I always remember to take atleast one! I am supposed to take two a day.

I sit them next to my kettle. I make a cup of tea just about every morning when I wake up, so sitting it there means they stare me right in the face.

I know people who put pills/vitamins next to their tooth brushes in the bathroom. Because it's some thing you do every day, you'd remember to take them

Starting a clomid journey!
September 22nd, 2011, 02:09 PM
Tiggerlb's Avatar Veteran
I took mine every day till I was about 8 9 weeks along then I stopped taking them all to gether because they made my tummy so upset. This is how it was with my other 2 also and they were fine when born.

September 22nd, 2011, 02:20 PM
JTsquared's Avatar Co-Host of Feb 2012 PR
I take mine every night right before bed. A few times lately I couldn't remember if I had taken one yet and didn't want to take two, so there is a chance I forgot. Luckily mine don't make me sick at all. For those that do, try taking them before bed of you don't already.
September 22nd, 2011, 02:43 PM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTsquared View Post
I take mine every night right before bed. A few times lately I couldn't remember if I had taken one yet and didn't want to take two, so there is a chance I forgot. Luckily mine don't make me sick at all. For those that do, try taking them before bed of you don't already.
Thats me exactly
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 10mo 10/10/13

September 22nd, 2011, 02:49 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I misplaced mine for a few weeks when I moved in August so I went a couple weeks without it. I remember almost everyday but I'm definitely not perfect about it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search