Doctor Appointment Yesterday

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 23rd, 2011, 07:02 AM
Girl IS my name's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Had my 4 week check up yesterday. It's so weird. I expected them to be more in depth or something. She just asks me how I'm doing, if I have any questions. I feel fine and I don't really know WHAT to ask right now. Good news is that my UTI is gone, and she said that five days of antibiotics was probably just fine and then laughed at my obsessive cranberry juice/water drinking the rest of the five days. The bad news is she wants more iron in my blood, so right now she wants me to eat more meat. I just don't WANT a whole lot of meat, but I'm afraid if I don't eat it, she'll prescribe a pill. So here goes trying to eat more meat! My ultrasound is scheduled for October 17th. Hopefully we can find out what baby is then. I'm so excited. They did take blood to check for Down's syndrome and I should get that back on Monday. It doesn't run in my family, I don't even know anyone around me who has it, but having the screening done still makes me nervous for some reason. She kinda sprung it on me. Oh by the way, do you want this test? And DH was no help at all.... he just said "Do whatever you want to do honey." Ugh! Useless. Baby's heart beat is 149-151. Those are the only exciting things to report. I can't wait for my ulatrasound!!!!!!!!!!!

Follow my blog: http://finallyfoundwhereibelong.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for our PR Banner!!
September 23rd, 2011, 07:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like a boys heartbeat. With my first I was like "hey, isnt there more?" at every appointment, this time around im like "Hi, bye, see you in 4 weeks" and try to get out of there asap lol. I have been craving red meat. A nice bloody steak is so appetizing!
September 23rd, 2011, 07:52 AM
Super Mommy
Yeah, my appointments are generally short too. But as long as you don't feel like they are hurrying you out if you have concerns, I guess it's okay I figure pregnancy is a natural thing and if everything looks okay I'm glad.

I opted not to get the blood test because I've heard there are a lot of false positives and I really didn't want that stress. Hopefully yours is fine!!

Audrey Peridot
Born March 11, 2009 - 31weeks 4days

Lost one of our girls, Bridget Evangeline, at 24w5d on January 22, 2009.
September 23rd, 2011, 09:55 AM
katylady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
YaY for good appointment. Mine seem pretty short too and I never have any questions. Glad you got your gender scan appointment set
September 23rd, 2011, 10:15 AM
~Mindy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad your UTI is clearing up, those are no fun! Dark green leafy veggies have lots of iron in them too if they sound any more appetizing to you than red meat.

My appointments are super short at this point too. All the ultrasounds and blood work take forever, but when I actually see the doctor it's "ok, everything looks good, your test results are great, see you in a few weeks for more tests."

I can't wait until all the testing is over and I don't have to spend all day at the hospital every time I have an appointment. At my next appointment I have another ultrasound and my glucose test. As long as those turn out ok I think I'll be done with all the testing for the rest of the pregnancy.

September 23rd, 2011, 10:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
yep i usually wait longer in the waiting room ( which really isnt that long of a wait lol ) then i am actually in the back

i have to check my own urine for protine and gluclose ( i think it is ), then blood pressure and weight check ugh
then in the room nurse comes in and checks the heartbeat ( only reason why i look forward to the appts lol )
then doctor comes in and says everything looks ok any questions then thats normally it for 4 weeks haha

they asked me if i wanted that test and i told them no signed a wavier and no more questions were asked

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
September 23rd, 2011, 10:34 AM
Kitusne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yep, mine are like that too. All they do is a urine sample, weigh me, and listen to the baby's hb. Whole appointment takes like 15 min....
September 23rd, 2011, 05:13 PM
Super Mommy
Glad you had a good appointment! That is pretty much how the appointments go for a while. They take a urine sample, check blood pressure, listen to baby's heartbeat on the doppler and see if you have any questions. As long as you aren't having any problems and the blood, urine and heartbeat are fine then that's it until the next appointment.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search