Off Pregnancy Topic: Do you know anyone famous?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 23rd, 2011, 08:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
3 days ago a YouTube video of Marc Martel went viral. He is competing in the Queen Extravaganza.
QueenExtravaganza's Channel - YouTube It now has over 1.5 million views. I met Marc when his band "Downhere" was just a college band from Briercrest Bible College. We had booked them at our Christian Rock radio station of which I was the music director at the time. Downhere, originally from Canada, now hails from Nashville area and have made a name for themselves on the Christian charts. Anyways, I've met him a couple times and hung out with the band.

Here's The Wall Street Post article about him. Marc Martel Channels Freddie Mercury - Speakeasy - WSJ
Here's a photo of when I first met Marc and downhere.

That being said, because I wanted to share the video, lol, I grew up with now St. Louis Blues hockey player Jamie Langenbrunner. For the longest time I thought we were cousins, because our moms were always together. They moved from our town when we were in 3rd grade. I got to be there when he brought one of his Stanley Cup wins home to show.
Here's Jamie and I plus my son Cole after Jamie's first Stanley Cup win!

So I'm just curious if you know anyone famous?

Also, being the music director of the radio station got me some pretty cool in person interviews with, Jars of Clay, Switchfoot, Rebecca St. James, Skillet, Thousand Foot Krutch, downhere, and Phil Joel formerly from the Newsboys.

Mommy Pam to 8 other blessings ages 16 to newborn! 5 boys and 3 girls.
For the multiples forum: I have identical twin boys who are 3.

Last edited by themorethemerrier; September 23rd, 2011 at 08:42 PM.
September 23rd, 2011, 10:11 PM
Bella11356's Avatar Super Mommy
Yeah my grandfather coached in the NBA...so I "know" lots of people...I've met Michael Jordan, Shaq, Magic Johnson, Patrick Ewing, Vince Carter...lots of coaches and whole other teams and players...I do actually know the current Spurs team because my grandfather still goes to all their home games, he coached for them way back.

As for not basketball people, I've met Bsb and Jonas...well Bsb I got to play basketball with, with the Toronto raptors...so maybe they don't count as not basketball lol

September 23rd, 2011, 10:22 PM
Love my unborn son
I'm pretty good friends with Mushroomhead and a few somewhat famous people from NE, OH.

September 24th, 2011, 05:31 AM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
A couple kids I was friends with in high school have hit it big outside the US. They're in a band called Boyce Avenue and apparently they sell out throughout Europe and Asia and they're huge on youtube.

September 24th, 2011, 05:36 AM
HonestMamma's Avatar Bish!
I like the anonymous life.

September 24th, 2011, 07:59 AM
Super Mommy
I know all the members of the band Phatfish, they're somewhat famous. And my dad's cousin, Brian Bellows, used to play in the NHL I haven't actually met him though.
September 24th, 2011, 08:51 AM
Mama2Nico's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Indirectly, a few. Directly, one. My brother-in-law and Nico's Godfather is a current MLB player. Don't want to put his name here, not sure if it is searchable on google.

September 24th, 2011, 09:47 AM
aogilvie's Avatar Super Mommy
My best friend in grade school and junior high was Sara Bareilles; a singer with a few songs on the radio, 3 time Grammy nominee, and now a judge on that show "The Sing Off". Its so funny to see her everywhere and have people know of her because I knew her when she was a little tyke riding her horse up the roadway and teaching her dogs to speak and play dead We were pretty down and dirty when we were little and had some really good times. I'm not in touch with her anymore, but have seen her a few times in concert when she plays in the city I live in at the time. I always see her backstage afterwards and its always a blast from the past everytime. Funny.
TTC #1 with Endometriosis & Antiphospholipid Syndrome since December 2008
Dec 2008 - April 2010 #17 Natural cycles
May 2010 - IUI + clomid 50mg BFN
June 2010 - IUI + clomid 50mg BFN
July 2010 - IUI + clomid 100mg BFN
Sept/OC 2010 - IVF #1 (1 embryo transfered; none to freeze) BFP!!!
Oct 25 2010 - First ultrasound at 6.5 weeks TWO HEARTBEATS!!! The embryo split; we're having identical twins!!!
Nov 30 2010 - Ultrasound at 11 weeks; no heartbeats & no growth past 9 weeks
Dec 2 - D&C#1
Dec 7 2010 - D&C#2
Dec 22 2010 through current - Weekly acupuncture treatment
May/June 2011 - IVF#2 with acupuncture (1 embryo transferred; 4 embies on ice!!!) BFP!!!
June 29 2011 - First ultrasound at 7.0 weeks. Everything looks great so far!

July 18, 2011 - Second ultrasound at 9.5 weeks. Baby is doing great!

Feb 10 2012 - Molly Eileen arrived at 7lbs 11oz and 19inches!!!
September 24th, 2011, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aogilvie View Post
My best friend in grade school and junior high was Sara Bareilles; a singer with a few songs on the radio, 3 time Grammy nominee, and now a judge on that show "The Sing Off". Its so funny to see her everywhere and have people know of her because I knew her when she was a little tyke riding her horse up the roadway and teaching her dogs to speak and play dead We were pretty down and dirty when we were little and had some really good times. I'm not in touch with her anymore, but have seen her a few times in concert when she plays in the city I live in at the time. I always see her backstage afterwards and its always a blast from the past everytime. Funny.
I love her! thats cool...

September 24th, 2011, 10:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Cool stories girls! Thanks for sharing. I figured with this big of a group there must be some famous people connections. My teenager would absolutely think that the MLB and NBA players would be the coolest to know.

Mommy Pam to 8 other blessings ages 16 to newborn! 5 boys and 3 girls.
For the multiples forum: I have identical twin boys who are 3.
September 24th, 2011, 10:34 AM
mommy2kenzie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No, I don't know anyone famous. But that's so cool about Sara Bareilles, I've seen her in concert and she's one of my favorite singers!

siggy by Jaidynsmum
September 24th, 2011, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by themorethemerrier View Post
Cool stories girls! Thanks for sharing. I figured with this big of a group there must be some famous people connections. My teenager would absolutely think that the MLB and NBA players would be the coolest to know.
I love the Spurs players! They are the best group of guys, and the spurs organization has been very nice to my grandfather. He had a stroke a few years ago while traveling with the Toronto Raptors, and ever since then, he moved home and the spurs have just gone above and beyond to see to it that he gets to come to all the games and still feel like he is part of the NBA and the team. My grandfather is Stan Albeck...I doubt anyone here knows his name, but he has his own Wikipedia page

September 24th, 2011, 12:04 PM
JTsquared's Avatar Co-Host of Feb 2012 PR
I know Chrissie Hynde (singer of the Pretenders), she has a restaurant and loft in a building we own. My dad owns Anthony Robbins old car (tall motivational speaker with big teeth, was in Shallow Hal). We've never met him, but still kinda cool.
September 24th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Super Mommy
My cousin and his friends are in the Christian band Samestate that is touring with some bigger Christian names and now on the top 10 on the Chrisitian radio. My son thinks it's pretty cool that we hear our cousin randomly in the car! Also Mike Rucker who played with the Panthers until he retired (last yr or yr before) graduated with my brother and his younger brother Martin(T) graduated a year after me and is on the Cowboys now. Besides that we've met quite a few "famous" artists from concerts but don't really know them. Although my son thinks him and Duncan Phillips (newsboys drummer) are friends now b/c he hung out with ihm for awhile last yr at a festival during sound check.

September 24th, 2011, 12:29 PM
kellysensei's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I used to be a photojournalist for a figure skating magazine, so I've met dozens of skaters and have interviewed Olympic and World medalists. (I got to talk to Michelle Kwan on the phone once; very cool!) I'm friends with Lucinda Ruh (I used to run her web site), the Guinness world record holder for spinning whose autobiography is coming out in November.

Evan James (2/18/12) and Gabriel Anthony (6/5/10)

September 24th, 2011, 01:15 PM
aogilvie's Avatar Super Mommy
I love Michelle Kwan! Is she as nice as she seems?
TTC #1 with Endometriosis & Antiphospholipid Syndrome since December 2008
Dec 2008 - April 2010 #17 Natural cycles
May 2010 - IUI + clomid 50mg BFN
June 2010 - IUI + clomid 50mg BFN
July 2010 - IUI + clomid 100mg BFN
Sept/OC 2010 - IVF #1 (1 embryo transfered; none to freeze) BFP!!!
Oct 25 2010 - First ultrasound at 6.5 weeks TWO HEARTBEATS!!! The embryo split; we're having identical twins!!!
Nov 30 2010 - Ultrasound at 11 weeks; no heartbeats & no growth past 9 weeks
Dec 2 - D&C#1
Dec 7 2010 - D&C#2
Dec 22 2010 through current - Weekly acupuncture treatment
May/June 2011 - IVF#2 with acupuncture (1 embryo transferred; 4 embies on ice!!!) BFP!!!
June 29 2011 - First ultrasound at 7.0 weeks. Everything looks great so far!

July 18, 2011 - Second ultrasound at 9.5 weeks. Baby is doing great!

Feb 10 2012 - Molly Eileen arrived at 7lbs 11oz and 19inches!!!
September 24th, 2011, 05:45 PM
jennybunny82's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know Wendell Mobley... a country music songwriter. He writes songs that all the big country stars sing. His newest songs are a few from Jason Aldean's newest album including the song "Tattoos on this Town."

September 24th, 2011, 07:17 PM
Coby Jaylen Aubriya mom
my husband's cousin is pimpin' ken (he's not really a pimp) anyways he's really good friends with 50 cent, he's been in his music video's and stuff. Ive only seen Ken at 2 family bbqs. And i've met hakeem olajiwan (sp?) he used to be in the nba thru my mom's friend, who played pro basketball with him in africa when i was younger. Ive also hung with the band Trapt when they stayed at the hotel i manage. Oh and my son has been friend's with joe mauer's nephew for a couple years, they're classmates. We've never actually met Joe though (he's in baseball)
September 25th, 2011, 06:18 AM
Lovemykiddos!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Lovemykiddos!
My great uncle is/was gordon b hinckley (died while I was pregnant with my DD) the former Mormon prophet, not sure if that actually counts as famous anywhere but in Utah lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search