Now I'm nervous...boy or girl, what do you think? ** 2 labeled pics are up**

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 23rd, 2011, 08:36 PM
Bella11356's Avatar Super Mommy
The more I stare at this, the more I second guess that Holland is in fact Holland...the Dr. said 99% she is she..

I know not everyone is good at looking at these things so I will try to explain. This is from a vaginal sonogram and it's of some of her little butt and back, with the one leg tucked under. Apparently you can see the lack of nothing down her back and in-between her cheeks...

Last edited by Bella11356; September 24th, 2011 at 08:44 AM.
September 23rd, 2011, 08:39 PM
Kitusne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm having a hard time seeing much in that pic to be honest, but I don't see anything that looks like a boy part.
September 23rd, 2011, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitusne View Post
I'm having a hard time seeing much in that pic to be honest, but I don't see anything that looks like a boy part.
I'll label one...

September 23rd, 2011, 08:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Have you put this photo on ingender and asked the girls there? I can't wait to see the labeled photo.

Mommy Pam to 8 other blessings ages 16 to newborn! 5 boys and 3 girls.
For the multiples forum: I have identical twin boys who are 3.
September 23rd, 2011, 08:56 PM
Super Mommy
I'm no expert, but that doesn't look like much of a gender Identification picture... I have no clue!
September 23rd, 2011, 09:02 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
i have to agree, i see what they described but idk how you'd see either gender really...but idk why your dr would say 99% if they weren't really sure they didn't see or did see something. You can always ask them to look again i'd think.

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
September 23rd, 2011, 09:24 PM
Super Mommy
It looks like a shot from the side and doesn't appear to show where the gender parts should be. I wonder how the doc could tell one way or another from this shot.

September 23rd, 2011, 09:45 PM
Ingender? I don't know what that is...

Labeled picture!

You can see two little butt cheeks, I just didnt label both...the left is under my "girl parts" arrow, while the right I labeled

September 23rd, 2011, 10:26 PM
Tiggerlb's Avatar Veteran
That looks like a side shot of the leg thigh and sping no way you can tell boy or girl from that shot.

September 23rd, 2011, 10:56 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
yeah that is totally the wrong angle for a gender shot, which is why i'm confused why your dr would tell you that's 99% unless they just saw something on the u/s we can't see in the pic.

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
September 23rd, 2011, 11:53 PM
sarah_19_nz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can see how they said girl, and I personally think that is a girl. But it isn't the BEST gender shot.

September 23rd, 2011, 11:58 PM
Super Mommy
I can tell a bit more now where they get it from. However, you can't see the other leg, it could be curled up and blocking the view...right? lol I'm terrible at these
September 24th, 2011, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jensma View Post
yeah that is totally the wrong angle for a gender shot, which is why i'm confused why your dr would tell you that's 99% unless they just saw something on the u/s we can't see in the pic.
Yeah she had to use the vaginal probe thing, because she was breech, way way down low, with her legs tucked up under her. So we tried the normal way first for about ten minuets and she wouldnt move so the dr was like, well she way down low like that, I can try the other way...so that's why the angle is kinda weird.

I just told my SO, I don't know how to look at these things, I'm going to assume the dr does and is trained...she must have saw something to say 99% it's a girl...I have one more scan I may upload where apparently you can see the three lines...

September 24th, 2011, 07:35 AM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Maybe the doctor saw a different angle but I would never be able to tell the gender from this angle.
September 24th, 2011, 07:43 AM
n8tsmomma's Avatar Super Mommy
I agree with the others that it looks like a side shot and you can't tell boy or girl. The thing they are saying is a girl part could be a boy part hiding behind a leg. Unless the doctor saw a flash of the actual area I would ask for another ultrasound to be sure,

September 24th, 2011, 08:44 AM

here is one more labeled pic...sorta. This is where the dr said she could see the "Three lines" it isnt the clearest pic, it was better when we were actually looking at it. I guess I can see what she saw...

i am going to ask for another scan, but i dont see my dr next time, shes on vacation, i have to see someone else, so we'll see what they tell me.

and the ingender forum is down right now

but i already painted the nursery this pale pale pink color, and went crazy at Carters...so I hope she is right!! she had said girl from the very start at 15w... maybe im just worrying my self to worry...lol

Last edited by Bella11356; September 24th, 2011 at 08:47 AM.
September 24th, 2011, 09:07 AM
Kitusne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ingender forum has been down for at least two days

I can see why she assumed girl, but it's pretty hard to get a gender shot from the side.
September 24th, 2011, 11:44 AM
everafter's Avatar Super Mommy
I don't know if you've looked at my thread to tiggerlb .....

I've had the same problem....at the scan I saw no boy parts (I already have 2 so I know what they look like exactly) and it really looked like it was a girl....

But then she gave me this crappy picture and I saw a shadow of a penis....which when I finally looked at it in better light, turns out was really just the cord....

Then at my next appointment I saw it again....no boy parts whatsoever....the 3 white lines....the labia....no doubt about it....didn't get any pictures though ....

When I'm farther along I might just get a 3D or 4D u/s

If she was that sure about your u/s I would just trust her, because the pics can mislead unless you're an u/s tech yourself.....

September 24th, 2011, 12:02 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah_19_nz View Post
I can see how they said girl, and I personally think that is a girl. But it isn't the BEST gender shot.
that's what i'm thinking.
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

September 24th, 2011, 12:55 PM
sarah_19_nz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
can you post that last image again but without the lovely love heart?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search