Rings?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 23rd, 2011, 09:31 PM
akicequeen02's Avatar Super Mommy
Anyone else have to stop wearing them? I can get mine on but it takes effort so I figured better be safe then sorry and stop wearing. Makes me sad. I always wear mine and feel naked without it. One of the midwives said she forced hers on one day while she was prego and couldn't get it off until baby was 8 days old!!

Tiffany
September 23rd, 2011, 09:35 PM
Super Mommy
When I was pregnant with DD I stopped wearing mine because it was too tight and I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get it off. I honestly haven't really worn it since then (9 years ago). It doesn't fit anymore and I never bothered to get it sized. I know a lot of people put theirs on some sort of necklace and wear it that way.

September 23rd, 2011, 09:59 PM
Morgan85's Avatar Veteran
I haven't had to stop wearing mine yet, but I'm expecting further down the road to have to. Hubby said he'll buy me a necklace to put them on if I can't wear them anymore, lol! What a sweetie!
September 23rd, 2011, 11:09 PM
isaroo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Since we got married in May, I've only had my wedding ring on for about a month total lol. But I don't think it was sized right to begin with. I will have to get it fixed when I get my body back to normal. So, I've just been wearing my engagement ring without it since about July. Now I can't even wear my engagement ring because it just feels too tight and I do not want to have to get it cut off. I've been thinking of just buying a gold band that I can wear while pregnant.

~Missing our Angel ~ March 2014~

September 23rd, 2011, 11:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Actually I'm the opposite, since starting my GD diet, my ring keeps falling off. Especially when giving the kids' a bath. However, the ring I am now wearing is the one I had to get when I was pregnant with my twins. So maybe now my real wedding band would actually fit again. I'll have to go try it on.

Mommy Pam to 8 other blessings ages 16 to newborn! 5 boys and 3 girls.
For the multiples forum: I have identical twin boys who are 3.
September 23rd, 2011, 11:51 PM
sarah_19_nz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Still wearing mine. I didn't have to take them off at all with DD #1

September 24th, 2011, 04:54 AM
marinewife0702's Avatar proud first time mama
I take mine off at night because my fingers swell

September 24th, 2011, 05:27 AM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
Mine is slightly loose when I'm not pregnant, so by the end of the pregnancy it might feel just right I'll have to take it off before I go in for the c-section because they pumped me so full of fluids last time that I had to wear slippers out of the hospital because my shoes didn't fit. SO I'm fairly sure my ring wouldn't fit.

September 24th, 2011, 05:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
i take mine off at night also

i still have a little room left so havent taken it off for good yet

this is a new set i got a few years ago ( after i lost 60lbs ) i have my old set umm somewhere that is 2 sizes bigger i think i should start looking for that set soon

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
September 24th, 2011, 05:33 AM
HonestMamma's Avatar Bish!
I had to take them off for both kids near the end, but so far I have only gained 10 lbs, so I am ok atm.

September 24th, 2011, 08:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Mine are actually slightly loose, so they have made it all the way thtough my first two pregnancies and are still loose now. I did take to wearing only my engagement ring in the week after Lyla was born, though, bc I swell a ton with all the iv fluids and meds after my c sections. Some of the ladies in a previous ddc had silver bands with baby's name or due date or birthstone etc made on etsy pretty inexpensively that they wore during pregnancy. I thought that was a great idea!

Thank you so much Kris2you for my lovely siggy!!!

September 24th, 2011, 10:47 AM
Coby Jaylen Aubriya mom
mine still fit for now, sometimes i take them off at night. When it gets too small i'll wear it as a necklace. I think ill be sad too when i cant wear it
September 24th, 2011, 10:50 AM
mommy2kenzie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had to take mine off towards the end of my pregnancy with DD and assume I'll have to do the same this time. I should get it re-sized but I will probably put mine on a necklace until I have the baby.

siggy by Jaidynsmum
September 24th, 2011, 12:13 PM
JTsquared's Avatar Co-Host of Feb 2012 PR
Mine still fit, if/when they don't I'll buy a cheapy band to wear.
September 24th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Girl IS my name's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I always wear my wedding bands and my class ring. My class ring stopped fitting so I had to switch it for my grandmother's claddah ring. I love that ring. I may just continue to wear it even after pregnancy. I haven't had to take my rings off, but they get really tight when it's hot outside. Glad that time of year is about over here!! If I have to stop wearing them, I may have to get a silver band to wear. I can't be without a ring symbolizing that I'm married. I think I'd cry... Haha.

Follow my blog: http://finallyfoundwhereibelong.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for our PR Banner!!
September 24th, 2011, 01:50 PM
.ingrid.'s Avatar TTC #2 on clomid
I'm not married or engaged (yet). I can SEE that my fingers are chubbier.
I know Chris is getting close to proposing, he knows my ring size but I have a feeling I won't be able to wear it until I've given birth *sob*.

Starting a clomid journey!
September 25th, 2011, 08:34 AM
katylady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just took mine off like 2 days ago. But I'm hoping when it cools down and the heat is gone I"ll be able to put them back on. I think I'd cry if it doesn't work out like I think it will. I like the birthstone ring idea tho.
September 25th, 2011, 08:42 AM
BrittanyLBH's Avatar (Formerly DueFeb2012)
Neither of us have ever worn rings. I tried to, but it itched my finger and my ocd was making me constantly take it off, wash and dry my hands without it, wash and dry the ring, and put it back on at LEAST once a day and it was so annoying. I really never liked wearing any sort of jewelry. DH didn't like it either, so we just never did. I have to admit it's really embarrassing to shuffle to the doctors with a belly and no ring. Wearing a ring says "I'm in a legally binding relationship with my baby's father". lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search