How often do you feel your baby move?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 23rd, 2011, 09:33 PM
Super Mommy
I am just curious how often everyone is feeling movement. I started to feel baby around 16 weeks or so. I have felt definite kicks just a few times. I have also felt what seems like the baby rolling around, but it has been a while. I definitely don't feel movements everyday, not even every other day. I am currently 19 weeks. Is this normal?

So how often do you feel the baby, and how far along are you?

If you feel movements everyday, when did you start feeling it everyday?

September 23rd, 2011, 09:37 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
i think its normal. i feel baby randomly throughout the day, starting about 15-16 weeks i'd feel something here or htere every couple of days. now i feel it more but its still not super strong.

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
September 23rd, 2011, 09:41 PM
Super Mommy
I'm 17.5 weeks, I started feeling baby everyday starting 16 weeks. Started maybe only once or twice per day but I feel little episodes of movement like 5-6 times a day now. Every baby is different though, dont sweat it!
September 23rd, 2011, 09:51 PM
Bella11356's Avatar Super Mommy
I feel The baby move almost every hour...and than sometimes a lot of movement in about five minute spurts. But the dr said she was really really active...But I'm almost 22 weeks

September 23rd, 2011, 11:06 PM
Mom2EthanAndJett's Avatar Love my house of boys!
I will be 22 weeks on Tuesday. I feel baby everyday. Not all the time when I'm awake but a lot of the time. Some days he is way more active than others.

September 23rd, 2011, 11:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I started feeling the baby this week. And it's only been a couple times. Nothing super strong or really obvious. I know with a couple of my kids, I didn't notice daily until after 21 weeks.

Mommy Pam to 8 other blessings ages 16 to newborn! 5 boys and 3 girls.
For the multiples forum: I have identical twin boys who are 3.
September 23rd, 2011, 11:22 PM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
I feel baby all the time all day even when I am moving around all little wiggles but this baby moves a lot
5 time HG survivor, AP Mama to 5 GIRLS
Karrara 9 01/11/05, Kaiah 7 1/2 07/1/06,
Kayda 6 01/12/08, Katara 2 02/10/12
Korra 10/10/13
September 23rd, 2011, 11:49 PM
sarah_19_nz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I felt the first 'flutters' at about 13/14 weeks. I started feeling her everyday at about 18weeks. I am now 21 weeks and I feel her about 5 times a day at least. Lately I have been woken up or kept awake at night with the kicking.

September 24th, 2011, 04:53 AM
marinewife0702's Avatar proud first time mama
I feel him every day but, like some of the others said, some days he is quieter than others. Usually he is awake around 5am, I have a snack, and go back to sleep and I think he does too because I dont feel him again until around 10ish and then between 1-4 he is usually quiet. Dinner time he is usually awake, goes back to sleep and then is up from 8pm-ish on. Yesterday he wouldnt let me sleep at 10pm. He was doing a roll and then a kick and then a roll and then a kick..etc. UGHHHHH.

September 24th, 2011, 05:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
i started feeling flutters around 13/14 weeks also

felt regular kicks, movements etc around 17 weeks

i am 20 weeks today WOOT!!!!!!!

I feel her a few time during the day mostly about 30mins after i eat and everynight after ive been laying in bed for about 20/30 mins!

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
September 24th, 2011, 06:00 AM
Lovemykiddos!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Lovemykiddos!
I just felt flutters for the first time a few days ago! Exciting! I have felt flutters every day since, but its def not all day
September 24th, 2011, 07:05 AM
Super Mommy
I think I feel slight movement everyday, but she did kick 2 days ago... I was hoping to feel a kick yesterday and nothing happened. I def don't feel anything like the ladies above...I'm 21 weeks
September 24th, 2011, 07:46 AM
Veteran
I am 19.5 weeks, and I've been feeling baby every day. I'd say it's been every day for at least 2 weeks, maybe more. Some days are much more than others though. I think there's lots of variation in this, and what you're describing still sounds normal to me.
September 24th, 2011, 07:54 AM
BSandDsMommy's Avatar Mommy to three boys
Send a message via AIM to BSandDsMommy Send a message via Yahoo to BSandDsMommy
I'm 17 weeks and feel him all the time...feeling him everyday has just started this week it was that I'd feel him every couple days

September 24th, 2011, 08:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I do feel him move evefy day at this point, but not always frequently. Some days, I feel nothing for very long periods. Wednesday, he repeatedly kicked hard enough for my son to easily feel it. It has not been like that since Very unpredictable at this point. I think his position has everyting to do with it. I have an anterior placenta, so I only feel kicks very high or loa.

Thank you so much Kris2you for my lovely siggy!!!

September 24th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Kitusne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I started feeling mine regularly at 18 weeks. I felt the first movements at about 15 though. I do feel him daily, but not all the time. Most of the movements are after meals or when I'm laying down.

When I got my u/s he was moving all over the place, and I was only able to feel a few kicks.
September 24th, 2011, 09:19 AM
Morgan85's Avatar Veteran
I know feeling movement varies from mom to mom/baby to baby...but I started feeling movement around 16 weeks and I'm 18 weeks today. They past 3-4 days I've been feeling her move a lot. Probably every few hours I feel a quick little flutter.
September 24th, 2011, 10:44 AM
mommy2kenzie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel baby move everyday now... but I started feeling flutters around 16 weeks and first felt kicks this past week. He/she is way more active at night when I'm laying down but will occasionally kick during the day. DH felt it for the first time a few days ago, it was awesome.

siggy by Jaidynsmum
September 24th, 2011, 11:26 AM
MuffinMama's Avatar First Time Mama :)
Send a message via AIM to MuffinMama
I'm 19.5 weeks and have been feeling some flutters and a few distinct kicks but not very often or every day. I can't wait to feel her more!
September 24th, 2011, 12:31 PM
safarilime's Avatar Super Mommy
I have been able to feel my baby move everyday a few times aday for a week now. One night my stomach so painfully tight that I could feel the baby moving till like two in the morning.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search