has anyone else been told the wrong gender?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 24th, 2011, 12:03 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
they thought my son was a girl. great to tell a boy that, right? lol

just wondered how common it is.
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

September 24th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
No, but my cousin was told girl and out came a little boy. She even had her shower before the birth. She ended up keeping alot of the pink stuff and luckily got a girl the next time.

Then my friend was told boy and they had a girl.

So far out of the 7 kids, 6 of ours were right. 1 wouldn't open his legs.

Mommy Pam to 8 other blessings ages 16 to newborn! 5 boys and 3 girls.
For the multiples forum: I have identical twin boys who are 3.
September 24th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
2 of my friends were told they were having girls and had boys

I am terrified that might be my case but I have an u/s on Oct 14th to check babies placenta so we will make sure baby it still a girl
5 time HG survivor , AP Mama to 5 GIRLS
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 9mo 10/10/13

September 24th, 2011, 02:17 PM
.ingrid.'s Avatar TTC #2 on clomid
It seems to be much more common that people are told girls, when it's a boy. Rather than being told it's a boy when it's a girl.. If that makes sense.
My best friend was told TWICE that her first born was a girl.. They had a boy

Actually, now that I'm thinking about it.. My mum was told boy with me and I'm very much a girl

Starting a clomid journey!
September 24th, 2011, 02:27 PM
~Mindy~'s Avatar Full hands...Full ❤
It's never happened to me, but my sister was told girl with her first and he turned out to be a boy.

I'm a little nervous this time. When I had my ultrasound the baby had her legs crossed and all curled up the whole time and the tech had a difficult time telling the gender.

I'm glad I have another ultrasound scheduled, hopefully they can confirm that it is a girl for sure. I can't imagine the shock of being prepared for one gender and then having such a huge surprise at the birth!

Mindy ~ Mom to Dharma ~11
Leilani ~9
Dylan ~ 6
Malachi ~3
Delilah ~5 months

September 24th, 2011, 02:37 PM
Tiggerlb's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by inemlogi View Post
It seems to be much more common that people are told girls, when it's a boy. Rather than being told it's a boy when it's a girl.. If that makes sense.
My best friend was told TWICE that her first born was a girl.. They had a boy

Actually, now that I'm thinking about it.. My mum was told boy with me and I'm very much a girl
I really think this will be me added to these people. My us I was told girl but I can see a penis shape.With these 3 lines they say are girl I see 4 and I think it is a line at the base of the ball sac then a line where the penis comes out then another line for shaft them a smaller dash line for the tip I also swear I can see the out line of the tip. I did a out line of what I can see even though I was told girl on this same pic.

Last edited by Tiggerlb; September 24th, 2011 at 02:55 PM.
September 24th, 2011, 02:42 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
It hasn't happened to me, but it has to a a few people I know. They were all told girl when they were having boys, and all those baby boys went home from the hospital in pink. lol

When we had DD's gender scan, we were told if it looks like a girl, there's a chance it's a boy. If it looks like a boy, it's for sure a boy. No mistaking boy parts normally. I've heard stories where people have done that, though, and some of the posts here prove it.

September 24th, 2011, 03:19 PM
katiebug02's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been told the right gender on all of mine so far. I sure hope they are not wrong this time. We are going to double check next month to be sure.

Proud Mommy of Eric(11), Caitlyn(9), Aidan(6), Mason(3) and Eliana(2/21/2012)
September 24th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
thankfully it hasnt happened to me!

my sister was told boy, girl, boy then finally girl 3 ultrasounds in a row thankfully she had a girl ( her doctor had the new 3d u/s machines when they came out so my sister got a an ultrasound at every visit! )

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
September 24th, 2011, 04:01 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
I'm curious as to when people were told the wrong gender?

I was told at 15 weeks my son was a girl (after a boy guess at 12w5d). Turns out they shot too far back, 10 days later he was proudly showing off his boy business, and again at 20 he was flashing it. I do think its really easy to be told the wrong gender earlier which is why most dr's and u/s places don't like to do u/s before 17-18 weeks now, even though its fully developed baby is just smaller.

I had a friend told boy when she was having a girl, and a friend told girl when she was having a boy. It does happen, but i think they're right more often than wrong.

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
September 24th, 2011, 04:24 PM
ASoldiersLuckyCharm's Avatar Three's A Charm <3
Send a message via ICQ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Yahoo to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Skype™ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm
I do know a handful of people who were told wrong. My friend ended up with multiple ultrasounds done they told her she was having a girl... Yeah he turned out to be a boy she had all pink.....

all graphics made by Jackie at http://cutesypies.livejournal.com/ & http://blushfuls.com/ tell her Judy sent you
September 24th, 2011, 07:32 PM
Coby Jaylen Aubriya mom
i was told girl and had a boy with my first, i had everything pink, i had a babyshower and got everything pink. I gave everything to my cousin. It was very expensive to then buy boy stuff.
September 24th, 2011, 08:01 PM
momtomonkeys's Avatar Super Mommy
I was told girl with my first and had a boy. He wore pink home from the hospital. LOL The next 2 were all boy and showing the goods. I was told girl this time at 17 weeks and I really hope that's the case as we have already started buying things. I have another ultrasound in 2 weeks though, so they will confirm then as well.
September 25th, 2011, 06:25 AM
Lovemykiddos!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Lovemykiddos!
I was told boy with my DD at 15 weeks, but then she flashed the screen at the 20 week scan it was def a vagina on the screen, I have a GREAT girl shot!

My mom was told my baby sister was a boy, she still has the vhs of the u/s where they point out the penis and scrotum and she came out a girl, my dad passed out and cracked his head open and had to get 17 stitches in his head everything they had was for a boy, so she wore a lot of boy stuff for a year
September 25th, 2011, 06:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have not had this happen to me, but I always worry about it. Especially with my daughter. I was still partially preparing myself to hear them say boy at delivery. LOL I have a 3d ultrasound sometime around 32 weeks, and after that I tend to feel more confident.

Thank you so much Kris2you for my lovely siggy!!!

September 25th, 2011, 07:20 AM
MuffinMama's Avatar First Time Mama :)
Send a message via AIM to MuffinMama
My ma was told my brother was a girl, but he turned out to be a big hairy man.

I've always worried that I might be told the wrong gender. At my 19.5 week scan the tech said she was almost positive girl... but that hasn't eased my worries! Baby was curled up a lot of the time and being very modest (good girl!). Hopefully we can get another look before the shower!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search