Fragrant reminder...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 24th, 2011, 04:36 PM
sarah_19_nz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
An experience I had the other day when I was in the shower...

...When I went to hospital to give birth to Lara (DD#1) I had a nice gift pack of body shop body wash, soap etc. This is what I used while I was in hospital AND a few days later when Lara stopped breathing and we were in hospital for the week while they figured out why she did that!... Anyway...

I used that same body wash just the other day and the memories came FLOODING back! I almost had to put it away as the memories I have of the aftermath of childbirth and the dreadful days that followed when she stopped breathing were almost too much! Although everything turned out fine and there were absolutely no lasting effects from it all, it still freaked me out.

Does anyone else have any fragrances or smells that bring them back to those early days? Whether they are good or bad memories? I knew that 'smell' is the most influential 'memory bring backer' but this just proved it!!

September 24th, 2011, 05:10 PM
Girl IS my name's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My dad always smelled of Brute aftershave. Even though he passed 9 years ago, that smell always makes me smile.

Follow my blog: http://finallyfoundwhereibelong.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for our PR Banner!!
September 24th, 2011, 06:48 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
Sweet Pea lotion reminds me of a horrible time in my teenage years and I can't smell it without getting nauseous.

There's a certain scent of deoderant that reminds me of my first accident because I had a stick of deoderant in my glove compartment when I reached in to get my registration. Sometimes, its the most amazing things that we remember from times of tragedies. How come good situations don't stick around like that in random smells?

September 25th, 2011, 04:58 AM
marinewife0702's Avatar proud first time mama
I, personally, cant smell raspberry or blueberry vodka. I apparently blacked out with both and although I didnt have a hangover the next morning, and have no idea what happened when I drank them, if I smell them or anything that remotely smells alcohol-y I vomit.

September 25th, 2011, 06:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh, wow! What a time to be taken back to! I find that happens to me often. The smell of Palmers Cocoa Butter always takes me back to my pregnancy with my son, a time that we spent a lot of in the hospital with my father in law. The smell of Love Spell Lotion reminds me of when Lyla was 2 weeks old and I had a terrible stomach virus. The smell of Hugo cologne reminds me of my first dates with my hubby. Smell is a very powerful thing.

Thank you so much Kris2you for my lovely siggy!!!

September 25th, 2011, 09:11 AM
BrittanyLBH's Avatar (Formerly DueFeb2012)
Brute and Aqua Velva together. I splashed them both on his shirt and snuggled with it for weeks after he passed away. I even thought about pouring them in a diffuser. It was really, really comforting.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search