Let's See Your List

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 26th, 2011, 06:03 AM
~Mindy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Inspired by Donise, I thought it would be fun to see what's on everyone's must-have lists.

I have some stuff already, but am pretty much starting over since it's been 8 years since we had a girl. While making my list I realized there are so many things that I thought were must-haves with my older kids that ended up just being a waste of money and taking up too much space. Like swings, jumperoos, walkers and exersaucers. None of my kids really liked or used any of them very much at all.

And clothes, they outgrow them so fast that I always end up having outfits they never even got the chance to wear. So here's my list:

Layette:

Onsies, sleepers, bag sleepers, socks, a couple going out outfits, hats, snow suit, booties

Swaddling/receiving blankets, heavier blanket for outings, burp rags, wash clothes, towels

Toiletries:

Bathtub, soap/shampoo, lotion, alcohol, q-tips, nail clippers, thermometer, diaper rash cream (I love butt paste), diapers, wipes

Equipment:

Car seat, stroller, bouncy seat, pack and play, bassinet, boppy pillow

For Mom:

Lansinoh cream, nursing pads, sanitary napkins and DH added Lots of ice cream for mommy to this list, lol.

September 26th, 2011, 08:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We need a new carseat, our infant one has expired.

I'll always be searching for good deals on cloth diapers, but plan to add some gender specific colors once we find out the sex this Friday.

I need a toddler bed for the two year old, so the baby can have her crib. Which also means a new baby mattress.

Other than that we are pretty set since we have so many younger children. My kids loved their exersaucer which was helpful at keeping the baby off the backs of their heads. I had a couple that needed some head shaping and this was helpful.

The one thing I do like to have for each child brand new is the baby blanket. I have a pink one if it's a girl, but if it's a boy I'll have to go searching. All my kids have liked the blankets with the silk edge.

Mommy Pam to 8 other blessings ages 16 to newborn! 5 boys and 3 girls.
For the multiples forum: I have identical twin boys who are 3.
September 26th, 2011, 08:19 AM
ASH_M's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The only things we really need are the big items now -

a double stroller
pack and play (which will be the new baby's bed for a while until DD outgrows the crib we have)
a convertible carseat for DD (she's finally outgrowing the infant seat)
and a bassinet (we borrowed one from my sister when we had Jojo, so we need our own now)

If this baby is a boy, I'm sure we'll 'need' some boyish clothing, but maybe he'll just be in lots of pink his first year of life. We'll see.

September 26th, 2011, 08:56 AM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
boy clothes if this is a boy

We'll need more waterproof pads to put in the PnP since this LO will use it as a crib for a while. My sister's PnP was ruined by a little boy who regularly peed more than his diaper could hold and it soaked into the particle board in the bottom of the PnP.

A dresser for the nursery since DD has just about filled the storage areas with her stuff!

Can't think of anything else since we have just about everything we need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASH_M View Post
a double stroller
pack and play (which will be the new baby's bed for a while until DD outgrows the crib we have)
a convertible carseat for DD (she's finally outgrowing the infant seat)
and a bassinet (we borrowed one from my sister when we had Jojo, so we need our own now)

If this baby is a boy, I'm sure we'll 'need' some boyish clothing, but maybe he'll just be in lots of pink his first year of life. We'll see.
You could get the pack n play with the newborn/bassinet insert and take care of two needs with one purchase. That's what we'll be using in the bedroom and then the LO will stay in the pnp when we move him/her back in the nursery until DD outgrows her crib.

Last edited by feythful; September 26th, 2011 at 09:00 AM.
September 26th, 2011, 09:13 AM
HonestMamma's Avatar Bish!
One "must have" on my list was an infant carrier. Sometimes you need two hands to deal with the other kiddlings and you can't spare a hand to hold the baby. Infant carrier to the rescue!

September 26th, 2011, 09:19 AM
~Mindy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestMamma View Post
One "must have" on my list was an infant carrier. Sometimes you need two hands to deal with the other kiddlings and you can't spare a hand to hold the baby. Infant carrier to the rescue!
Oh, that's definitely a must-have for me too. I forgot to add it to my list. I have a maya wrap, but want to get one of the moby wraps because the maya wrap puts a lot of stress on my back and shoulder.

September 26th, 2011, 09:27 AM
jennybunny82's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have on our list of stuff to get:
- double stroller
- new carseat
- crib and bedding
- girl clothes if it's a girl

We have all of stuff from DS and all the stuff like swing and bouncy chair are all gender neutral

September 26th, 2011, 10:41 AM
hoping and waiting's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We pretty much have everything we need already except:

-an audio monitor
-a boy crib set
-lots and lots of size one diapers!!!!
September 26th, 2011, 10:59 AM
Kitusne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
There may be an item or many missing due to prego brain, but I have most things planned out.

What I have....
- PNP
- Moby wrap
- Diapers
- Some clothes
- Stroller/car seat
- Grooming supplies/first aid

What I would like to get still....
- More clothes
- Toys
- Changing pad (since I wont have a changing table)
- Wet bag (both in the house and portable ones)
- Receiving blankets
- Cloth wipes, or wash cloths
- Hooded towels
- Nursing pads
- Boppy
- Baby bath

And I'm still deciding if I want a swing or not. Seems like it may come in handy since I'll be caring for the baby alone.. Might give me some time to get a thing or two done.
September 26th, 2011, 11:04 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I'm going to try and get a lot less for this baby that I got for DD. A lot of her's was unnecessary.

Since there was only a 25% chance I'd have another winter baby and only about a 10% chance it'd be another girl, I gave away every bit of baby clothing I had. So all new baby clothes. I'm sure I'll get blankets, but if I don't, I still have a bunch of gender neutral ones.

I'll need to stock up on shampoo and nursing pads. Ugh, I was so happy to stop buying nursing pads! I am allergic to every brand except Gerber, and when I was still nursing DD, those things were so thick! They were very obvious through my shirts.

Other than that, a new monitor that is different from my neighbor's would be lovely. A bouncy seat would be nice, too. I gave DD's to my SIL. And lots of diapers! Considering cloth this time since DD breaks out with every diaper except Huggies. Gets pricey. If a cheaper brand works for this LO, we'll do disposable. If not, I'll be investing in cloth.

3 on Earth and 7 in Heaven Hoping to get knocked up in 2016...sometimes.
http://arwenart.com
September 26th, 2011, 12:28 PM
HonestMamma's Avatar Bish!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Mindy~ View Post
Oh, that's definitely a must-have for me too. I forgot to add it to my list. I have a maya wrap, but want to get one of the moby wraps because the maya wrap puts a lot of stress on my back and shoulder.
I bought an Ergo carrier because of my bad back. I hear they are supposed to be good for distributing baby's weight more evenly.

September 26th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Mama2Nico's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If I have another boy, the only thing we probably need is a double stroller, or a sit and stand stroller. I LOVE my Chicco Cortina travel system that I used with Nico, so we will use the infant car seat from that (need to make sure it is still good, but I think it is the same one they're selling now), and then just get the stroller. Maybe a Joovy, since their sit and stands get great reviews, I just know I don't want a double-wide, I'd rather have one with the front and back so we can fit through doorways. Already have an Ergo, and love it.

If we have a girl, then new clothes, but most of Nico's other things are pretty unisex - rainforest theme for his bouncer and tummy mat, so that will work for a girl too. The only thing is his swing converted to a toddler chair, and he uses that, so maybe a new swing. I just splurged on a Petunia Picklebottom diaper bag (had a few birthday gifts from Destination Maternity that didn't fit, so used the credit towards the bag), and I got this:

It's huge. I have smaller bags but this will be great when we have day trips and you can carry it as a backpack or shoulder bag.

Nico refused bottles, so my pump wasn't used much once I figured that out. Depending on what this baby prefers, we will see if I need to buy any bottles, but since I plan to EBF for at least the first six months and continue BF'ing after that at least another year or for as long as I can, not sure if we need bottles yet.

Last edited by Mama2Nico; September 26th, 2011 at 12:51 PM.
September 26th, 2011, 02:10 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
I need girl clothes, a few pink receiving blankets or other girly blanets, girly bibs (b/c most of the ones we have do scream boy) and bows...other than that everythign we have is gender neutral and since we have an 11 month old, all of our stuff is relatively new. We will be getting a different swing, as tyler killed ours staying in it until 9 months old. haha And we also will need a 2nd high chair. I haven't figured out yet what's happening with the sleep situation. I really don't want tyler in his crib (b/c i feel he could easily get out of it, even now) and baby needs to be in our room, so haven't figured that out. Another pack n play maybe?? IDK. I will also have 3 kids that will need to nap during the day (I watch my nephew during the week). So our list is pretty small but some things we need to think about.

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search