School bells are ringing ...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 26th, 2011, 11:33 AM
sarha81's Avatar First-time Mommy to Jake
Who here has signed up or even taken a childbirth class for this baby? What classes are you all interested in? For BTDT moms, which classes do you advise are great and not so great?

I know I want to take a hypno birthing class, as I want to attempt a medicine-free birth. keyword —*attempt. not sure whether I should take the regular birthing class too. any thoughts?

I also want to do the infant massage class. it's free so why not.
September 26th, 2011, 12:30 PM
HonestMamma's Avatar Bish!
I took a class with my first, and really I felt like it was a waste of time. I don't plan on taking any classes at all with this one. I feel like my doula will advise me in whatever I need to have the birth I want.

September 26th, 2011, 02:03 PM
sarah_19_nz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We go to a regular 'bit of everything' class for our first babies but second time around we won't go to any classes. I liked the section on pain management options, and the section on what to expect during labour. Breastfeeding class would have been a great class but ours didn't cover it very well.

September 26th, 2011, 02:39 PM
marinewife0702's Avatar proud first time mama
The military offers soo many good classes for us so I am just going to take them all now since DH is going to get out before we have another. I am taking a baby bootcamp course at the end of november beginning of december that teaches us everything we need to know about taking care of a baby (measuring formula, diapering, bathing, soothing, etc.) and DH has to wear a pregnancy belly the whole class!!! I am also signed up for a 3 week lamaze class in december. I still have to sign up for a breast feeding class since I am planning on breast feeding and know NOTHING about it (no one in my family has breast fed either). In november I am also signing up for an infant CPR class. I know I am kind of going crazy but like I said before, they are free so why not do them all?!?

September 26th, 2011, 03:03 PM
katiebug02's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We went to basic childbirth classes a few times with my first. For me, they were not very helpful. All the breathing techniques and stuff went out the window when I was in labor and most of the information they went over I had already learned from books and pregnancy videos. I did enjoy meeting the other pregnant mommies and made a few friends.

Proud Mommy of Eric(11), Caitlyn(9), Aidan(6), Mason(3) and Eliana(2/21/2012)
September 26th, 2011, 03:10 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Me and D are going to take a baby bootcamp class at the hospital, not so much for me but for him lol. I'm not sure he's ever changed a diaper before. We are both going to take infant CPR and I'm going to take a bfing class. Our schedules really need to slow down so we can do all this. It's almost October already!
September 26th, 2011, 04:04 PM
isaroo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We will take the 3 part class that is a crash course in pregnancy, birth and taking care of a newborn. We will also do the breastfeeding class, infant cpr and first aid. And hubby will take the Daddy bootcamp. I am still debating whether I should do a natural childbirth class like the Bradley Method or Lamaze, but haven't decided yet. Once baby is born, I will do the infant message and the Moms group at the hospital.

~Missing our Angel ~ March 8, 2014~

Next Appointment 11/19

September 26th, 2011, 04:25 PM
Kitusne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't really want to take any classes. I'm so busy every day as it is, and I'm very familiar with breathing and meditation techniques. Any information they could give could be found online, too.
September 26th, 2011, 04:54 PM
jaelin's Avatar Super Mommy
I ordered a hypnobabies class. Its a home-study kit so I do it at my own pace. I like it so far. It reccomends that you don't take any other classes after you decide to do hypnobabies, and they ask that you change your terminology for certian things. (like contractions have to be called "birthing waves") but its very positive and relaxing so far and I like it.
havent decided about a breasfeeding class, thinking I might just wing it after I have the baby and hope for the best. lol
already have child/infant cpr because of work.
Mars (9 months
)

missing my 2 angels

"Every person in the world has passed through the body of a woman..."

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?to...77625732258607
September 26th, 2011, 05:05 PM
BSandDsMommy's Avatar Mommy to three boys
I went to a class with ds1 and I didn't think it was very helpful all I used was although a pediatrician maybe not taking new patients when you call if you just wait til you have the baby and say you want that one you will get them...lol that's all that I used

Baby girl due Dec. 2014

Make a pregnancy ticker
September 26th, 2011, 05:38 PM
Super Mommy
I can't decide whether to take any classes. I'm leaning towards the hypnobabies self-study, or nothing.

Audrey Peridot
Born March 11, 2009 - 31weeks 4days

Lost one of our girls, Bridget Evangeline, at 24w5d on January 22, 2009.
September 26th, 2011, 05:52 PM
aogilvie's Avatar Super Mommy
My husband and I are signed up to start a Bradley Method series that starts in the middle of October. I'm also planning a non-medicated birth and am really excited for the classes to start. I like the husband-coached aspect of the Bradley Method. I'm really into having it just about us.
TTC #1 with Endometriosis & Antiphospholipid Syndrome since December 2008
Dec 2008 - April 2010 #17 Natural cycles
May 2010 - IUI + clomid 50mg BFN
June 2010 - IUI + clomid 50mg BFN
July 2010 - IUI + clomid 100mg BFN
Sept/OC 2010 - IVF #1 (1 embryo transfered; none to freeze) BFP!!!
Oct 25 2010 - First ultrasound at 6.5 weeks TWO HEARTBEATS!!! The embryo split; we're having identical twins!!!
Nov 30 2010 - Ultrasound at 11 weeks; no heartbeats & no growth past 9 weeks
Dec 2 - D&C#1
Dec 7 2010 - D&C#2
Dec 22 2010 through current - Weekly acupuncture treatment
May/June 2011 - IVF#2 with acupuncture (1 embryo transferred; 4 embies on ice!!!) BFP!!!
June 29 2011 - First ultrasound at 7.0 weeks. Everything looks great so far!

July 18, 2011 - Second ultrasound at 9.5 weeks. Baby is doing great!

Feb 10 2012 - Molly Eileen arrived at 7lbs 11oz and 19inches!!!
September 26th, 2011, 09:23 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
i've never taken one,and i don't think it's really necessary. just my opinion.
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

September 26th, 2011, 09:35 PM
akicequeen02's Avatar Super Mommy
The midwifery that I am going to has a series of 3 classes that they require. I think we will take them in November.

Tiffany
September 27th, 2011, 01:09 AM
BrittanyLBH's Avatar (Formerly DueFeb2012)
The two free classes offered at my hospital are "childbirth" and "breastfeeding" and I plan to take both and DH is at least coming for the first one. If I can find anymore that are free (or at least affordable) I'll take them, too. But those are the only ones I have seen so far.

September 27th, 2011, 08:48 AM
sarha81's Avatar First-time Mommy to Jake
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaelin View Post
I ordered a hypnobabies class. Its a home-study kit so I do it at my own pace. I like it so far. It reccomends that you don't take any other classes after you decide to do hypnobabies, and they ask that you change your terminology for certian things. (like contractions have to be called "birthing waves") but its very positive and relaxing so far and I like it.
havent decided about a breasfeeding class, thinking I might just wing it after I have the baby and hope for the best. lol
already have child/infant cpr because of work.

Can you tell me the name of the kit and where you bought it? I'm very interested!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search