Baby Shower dates

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 26th, 2011, 03:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
anyone have the date of their baby shower set up yet?

my sister just made a facebook event for my babyshower ( everyone we know has a facebook haha )

its going to be at my house Nov. 19th from 2pm-5pm! since i got most of my big stuff she had mentioned diapers and wipes needed and i think i am going to make a small baby registry also!! ( i have made a list of things i still need to get )

she wanted to have the babyshower before the holidays

its going to be a circus extravaganca!!!! popcorn machine, slushie machine, funnel cakes, monkey bread something different espically bc we all already have tons of kids so they will be able to have a blast here as well!!!

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
September 26th, 2011, 03:10 PM
JTsquared's Avatar Co-Host of Feb 2012 PR
Mine is going to be January 7. I didn't want to have it before the holidays and give people yet another thing to buy around that time. Once we find out the gender (October 18) we will register.
September 26th, 2011, 03:11 PM
Super Mommy
Wow, sounds like very fun baby shower!

Hope mine is just as fun, I want my mother to grill my favorite "carne asada" with rice and boracho beans. I was thinking early janurary buttttt now that you mention the holidays, I realize people will be broke or receiving their Christmas shopping credit cards bill then ......so maybe early December
September 26th, 2011, 03:13 PM
Super Mommy
I also wanted it to be in January, but not sure if it's the best idea since I'm due early in February and my sister is due mid-January. Maybe I'll change this for November. I agree with JTsquared, a baby shower during the holidays is a little too overwhelming.

September 26th, 2011, 03:18 PM
JTsquared's Avatar Co-Host of Feb 2012 PR
The nice thing about having it early is that you know what you're getting, and then you can start shopping. I really won't buy much, except for maybe clothes, before my shower. I have a big family and will get most of what I need. But since I'm due at the end of February, I will hopefully have plenty of time.
September 26th, 2011, 03:18 PM
sarah_19_nz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds awesome!

I'm not having a baby shower this time around.

I have pretty much everything I need left over from DD#1 and I think family and close friends will get something little anyway. My mum can't HELP herself! hahah she has already told me she has a couple of outfits bought, shoes, cardi, etc. She said she will save them for me/bump to open at xmas time

September 26th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
i figured since i am only requesting diapers and wipes ( for the most part ) i wont have the pressure on anyone to really spend a whole lot of money and they will still have a month and a half before christmas time!

I have a huge family and friends that are close and we all love getting together so even if tho dont have the money to get a gift i totally understand ( been there done that before ) just having us all together to celebrate the birth of Hailey is what is most important to me

i didnt want to have another babyshower since this will be baby # 3 for me but my sister(s) werent going to let that happen espially since it would have been almost 5 years since ive had a baby and was on the IUD when got pregnant this time so having another baby was the last thing on my mind lol

thankfully i have the dresser and changing table and crib from DD and just got a ton of awesome big item stuff from a friend ( made a post a couple days ago with pics etc ) so will just need small items diapers and wipes are also helpful and clothes are always cute to have!

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
September 26th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Shannon1978's Avatar ~Formerly Donkey Lemonade
I am not doing one this tiem around. But, I know all of my friends will buy me something anyways. We have all the big stuff from my son, but if we have a girl we are really going to need clothes!

We have bought a second crib for the babies, and two matching I love mommy and I love daddy oneies. I have a feeling the shopping spree will start this weekend. We find out their genders on Wednesday! I CAN'T WAIT!
September 26th, 2011, 03:32 PM
Super Mommy
Nobody has mentioned us having a shower. Thankfully between craigslist, garage sales, and thrift stores we have all of the gear again (except for the carseat that we will move to once we are done with the carrier one). I'm kind of hoping to have one after the baby is born... a meet the baby party. Especially since we aren't finding out the gender... it'd be fun to get gender specific clothes at that time.

September 26th, 2011, 03:54 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My mom and my cousin are throwing me a baby shower when we are home visiting. It'll be on Nov 12th. I didn't want one this early but it's the only time we'll be around my family.
September 26th, 2011, 04:14 PM
isaroo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My mom and sister are throwing us a co-ed shower on Dec 3rd. I didn't want to do it before the holidays either, but we are having it back in WI. And I don't need to be flying back there as big as a house.

~Missing our Angel ~ March 8, 2014~

Next Appointment August 6!

September 26th, 2011, 04:19 PM
Girl IS my name's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Two separate groups are throwing me showers. They're going to be mid and late January. I didn't want people to feel crunched around Christmas. And I won't know what baby is till after October 17. I want time to have fun registering.

Follow my blog: http://finallyfoundwhereibelong.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for our PR Banner!!
September 26th, 2011, 04:21 PM
MuffinMama's Avatar First Time Mama :)
Send a message via AIM to MuffinMama
Ours is set for November 11th. We figured having it before the weather got too bad because quite a few people are traveling and we were hoping to save them the hassle of having to travel in the dead of winter. Before the holidays seemed like a good idea to us as well, but I can see how afterward would be nice too.
September 26th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Bella11356's Avatar Super Mommy
Mine will be nov. 5th, before the holidays and before the weather gets bad...I have people traveling as well and quite a large number of invites. So we will need the outside and inside open for party space, so here in early nov it's still nice outside.... My mom is giving it and I have no idea of a theme what so ever...lol

September 26th, 2011, 05:41 PM
Coby Jaylen Aubriya mom
we're thinking the 1st week of december, i might have 2 but i guess i dont know
September 26th, 2011, 07:33 PM
RandE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been told mine will be the first Saturday after New Years. I've also been Told I have no say. lol

September 26th, 2011, 08:44 PM
akicequeen02's Avatar Super Mommy
Ugh. I dont know and it is starting to stress me out!! I need to talk to my friend this week. I would like to do either before Thanksgiving or sometime in mid January. I would prefer the earlier date so I have more time to get the things I still need but January would be fine as well.

Tiffany
September 26th, 2011, 10:14 PM
BrittanyLBH's Avatar (Formerly DueFeb2012)
This is the one thing that I simply cannot figure out. I don't want to have my shower right before, during, or right after the holidays. That's not the easiest financial time for everyone, and I wouldn't feel right asking for gifts. November is kind of early, and February is kind of late. *sigh* I don't want to have the shower after he's born b/c the thought of him being passed around the room like a tray of cheese cubes just makes me want to scream! lol. I really wish any date existed that I'd feel good about, but I really don't know. 32-36 weeks isn't the biggest window. I'm really considering breaking all the rules and having it before the 7 month mark - or not having one at all and just asking everyone to use our registry as a Christmas List.

Last edited by BrittanyLBH; September 26th, 2011 at 10:17 PM.
September 27th, 2011, 01:23 PM
Love my unborn son
My dad and step mom just let me know that mine will be Jan. 21 (which is a saturday). But the place my dad and step mom want to use is cheaper on Sundays. So we will see if Jan. 21st sticks or not.

September 27th, 2011, 03:07 PM
.ingrid.'s Avatar TTC #2 on clomid
Mine is 13th Nov

Starting a clomid journey!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search