Concerned....

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 27th, 2011, 04:43 PM
Love my unborn son
I don't know that I should be concerned but I am. I'm 20wks pregnant as of today. I'm still only feeling flutters. When will I actually feel my little man kick me. This is my first viable pregnancy I really want to feel it. Any ideas?

Also my little mans heart rate went down by like 10 from the first time I heard it back in July to when I had my U/s this past Thursday. Should I be worried about that?

Last edited by Luckymom21412; September 27th, 2011 at 04:45 PM.
September 27th, 2011, 04:45 PM
BrittanyLBH's Avatar (Formerly DueFeb2012)
I wish I had any, but I'm not hold by breath for kicking either.

September 27th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I bet you will feel those first real kicks any day now. I wouldn't worry just yet. It is very hard waiting for movement to become definite, stronger, and normal. I think it makes most mommies worry at some point, wondering whether baby is moving yet or moving enough. What you described is definitely normal, though.

I thought you might find this comforting. (I did, when I was having the same worries. )

19 Weeks Pregnant - Week by Week Pregnancy Calendar

Oh, and the heartrate decrease is nothing to worry about...it can be as simple as the difference between catching baby at rest and after an active period. Just like us, their heartrates can vary some.

Thank you so much Kris2you for my lovely siggy!!!

September 27th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Super Mommy
It's normal for heartbeats to go down a little as the pregnancy progresses. And this is my second baby and I just started feeling real kicks this week! I know it's hard, but try not to worry

Audrey Peridot
Born March 11, 2009 - 31weeks 4days

Lost one of our girls, Bridget Evangeline, at 24w5d on January 22, 2009.
September 27th, 2011, 05:02 PM
BrittanyLBH's Avatar (Formerly DueFeb2012)
Oh, I missed the HB part. Mine stayed in the 170's since day one, and this month is has been in the 150's. OB says it's totally normal and actually expected it to decrease by that much around this time. So, I really, really wouldn't worry about that at all!

September 27th, 2011, 05:12 PM
JTsquared's Avatar Co-Host of Feb 2012 PR
I am 19 weeks today and am just starting to feel flutters, no kicking yet. Feels more like muscle spasms or twitching, but I'm pretty sure it's the baby.
September 27th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Super Mommy
I didn't feel the first kick till 21 weeks then nothing until yesterday (22 weeks) the kicks aren't strong but she jabbed me almost every 2 hours. Today is back to nothing just light flutters tomorrow I'm 23 weeks
September 27th, 2011, 06:53 PM
Kitusne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The baby's hb can be different depending if it is asleep or awake too. Mine seems to have a different rate each time.

People usually feel movement later in first pregnancies and other things effect it as well, such as weight and baby's activity level. I posted somewhere else during an u/s I watched him roll, flip, kick, and move all around and I barely felt a kick or two.
September 27th, 2011, 06:55 PM
.ingrid.'s Avatar TTC #2 on clomid
My babies heart beat has fluctuated from 130bpm, to 165pm and is always different They have a resting heart beat and an active heart beat. Your little one may have been taking a nap at your last appointment.

On the 'feeling any thing' note.
I am 21 weeks today and have only been able to feel some thing for 7-14 days now!
BUT.. I am measuring a week and a half ahead, so I have a big little boy in there.
So if you think of it this way, at 20 weeks I was measuring just over 21 weeks, and 7 days ago is when I really knew I was feeling things Don't panic!
Especially if your placenta is at the front, like mine is, it's cushioning every thing!

Starting a clomid journey!
September 27th, 2011, 07:00 PM
jen44's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've just been feeling flutters too

Chloe - 6/18/09
Eli - 2/13/12
September 27th, 2011, 09:00 PM
Love my unborn son
I do remember the u/s tech saying something about my placenta being in the front but i'm not for sure because the last time I was at the dr she said that it was on my left side. I'm not totally sure. Is the placenta in the front a problem?

September 27th, 2011, 09:04 PM
RandE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my baby's heart rate was at 168 bpm at 12 weeks and is now 146 bpm at 20 weeks. It's normal.

September 27th, 2011, 10:21 PM
Super Mommy
I asked a similar question the other day. I am 20 weeks tomorrow and I had felt kicks but not many and not consistant. After I asked the question I have been trying to pay better attention, and I have been feeling the baby move everyday now. I am sure you will start to feel yours soon too.

Our babys heartbeat went down about 10 from the last dr appointment hearing it over the doppler compared to the ultrasound 2 weeks later. I think its pretty normal.

September 28th, 2011, 12:27 AM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was worried about this too but I know I have an anterior placenta so I'm just trying to be patient. I've actually been checking his hb alot lately cause I've been a little worried too.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search