Paint Color For Girl Nursery?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 27th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Morgan85's Avatar Veteran
Just out of curiosity, if you're having a girl and you're not painting the nursery pink....what color are you painting the walls? We actually went for a color called 'inlet blue' which is a turquoise/teal (it's not an obnoxious color, I promise, lol!) My dad was joking with us and said, "so you find out you're having a girl, and you're painting the walls blue?!" Haha!
September 27th, 2011, 05:35 PM
ovramirez27's Avatar Super Mommy
That sounds nice, are all walls going to be that color or just an accent wall. I love blue , but i gues other choices are light green or yellow , maybe cream or lavander.

September 27th, 2011, 05:54 PM
Shannon1978's Avatar ~Formerly Donkey Lemonade
Our walls are already a pretty light blue. (We painted it that color before my son was born, because I just like the color.) We have decided boy or girl we are going to keep the blue. If we have girls we are going to add pink and brown accents. We have a boy/girl then those colors will work great too. If we have boys then blue and brown.

We are doing a retro owl theme, so the blue will work perfectly!
September 27th, 2011, 06:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Were not painting this time around

But for dd we did lavender we had a lavender dragon fly bedding theme

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
September 27th, 2011, 06:00 PM
JTsquared's Avatar Co-Host of Feb 2012 PR
Love the retro owl theme. We are doing gold walls and blue moons and stars whether it's a boy or girl.
September 27th, 2011, 06:09 PM
Bella11356's Avatar Super Mommy
Well...I did do pink walls. But it's one of those colors that you look at it, squint, than say "is that white? Or is it pink?" the color changes depending on the lighting and where the lighting is compared to where you are in the room. Example...light directly above and behind you, the walls look white. In shadow, or low light, they look pale pale pale pink.

September 27th, 2011, 07:11 PM
momtomonkeys's Avatar Super Mommy
I think I've finally decided on Valspar Sea Breath for 3 of the walls (it's a light blue color) and then hot pink on the accent wall.
September 27th, 2011, 08:07 PM
RandE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I did green and brown long before I knew what the gender was. Green is my favorite color and brown fit in with my jungle theme. It think it really doesn't matter what color you paint the walls. I don't think your little girl will care one way or the other. At least for a couple years.

September 27th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Super Mommy
We aren't doing anything this time (and no clue if boy or girl) but for DD we painted them a light green with light yellow and pink vertical stripes varied in width.

September 27th, 2011, 09:23 PM
akicequeen02's Avatar Super Mommy
I am not painting her room here, since we will only be in this house for a max of 6 months after she is born. It is currently a grey color (light gray- called peuter vase) and the carpet is blue! Not exactly girly but it will work for the short time we are here. I am not sure what we will do with the new house. Will cross that bridge when it comes.

Tiffany
September 27th, 2011, 11:34 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If Mason would have been a girl her walls would have been blue as well. I'm not a pink person and I think girls can easily get away with a blue wall.
September 27th, 2011, 11:37 PM
BrittanyLBH's Avatar (Formerly DueFeb2012)
Renting. Not painting. =/

We are allowed to paint, but I plan to move again when our lease is up, so it's just not worth it.

September 28th, 2011, 12:43 AM
sarah_19_nz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not painting the baby's room but we are revamping Lara's new 'big girl room' and we will have one feature wall painted in either a VERY VERY pale Lilac or Green... I mean VERY pale, but enough to add green and/or purple accessories to bring it out. Have bought a lilac/purple duvet cover set and lamp shade etc already.

September 28th, 2011, 04:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Pink, but its a dusty rose color with blue and green accents. We are doing an owl theme too, this pattern:
http://chztotsandgiggles.files.wordp...pg?w=500&h=500
September 28th, 2011, 05:03 AM
Super Mommy
I planned to paint the nursery in the shades of grey and yellow, boy or girl. There are so many options you can choose from besides pink. I think turquoise/teal is a very feminine color and will look gorgeous!

September 28th, 2011, 05:38 AM
Super Mommy
The baby and DD will be sharing a room until we can get a bigger house, which is probably 3-5 years down the road. Just last spring we redid DD's room. We let her pick the colors. She has "ballerina pink" walls with hot pink flowers scattered along the bottom then brown/neon bedding and white "princess style" furniture. LOL. Its a mess. The Ballerina pink walls looked nice on the paint chip - very pale- they are Pepto Bismol pink! And the baby furniture is black (DD's leftovers) with primary color bedding.....its going to look like a circus for a while.

Coming soon...... Linkin Archer
September 28th, 2011, 05:52 AM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
We painted Emily's a rich tan color. I wanted something that would work with any colors I chose to use. Emily's room has a pastel bug theme and it's awesome up against the walls.

September 28th, 2011, 06:04 AM
sarha81's Avatar First-time Mommy to Jake
I think a photo of your current nursery for btdt moms or nursery-to-be/in-progress is in order, no? anyone want to start a post on it??

Our LO is a boy, but the room was painted a soft country green color already (white carpet). We haven't picked a theme yet, either alphabets, trucks/planes or sea life.

But about you, go for it! I love blue for a girl (it's my second fav color) and the shade you picked sounds girlie. she'll probably grow up to love the ocean!
September 28th, 2011, 09:07 AM
AddysMom24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to AddysMom24
We painted DD room a very light lilac color and we just repainted her big girl room a light blue color.

DD2 will have a green color paint on the walls and a very girl bedding.

my siggy was made by *Kiliki*

September 28th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
La's room is yellow with classic pooh, bees and butteflues painted on the walls...very pretty and girly, but not pink.

Thank you so much Kris2you for my lovely siggy!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search