Amazon Mom

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 27th, 2011, 08:41 PM
BrittanyLBH's Avatar (Formerly DueFeb2012)
Just in case I'm not the last one to figure it out, Amazon Mom is a FREE membership which includes FREE 2-Day shipping on ALL Prime Items (formerly know as Super Saver Items) only with no minimum purchase.

I tried to figure out why they charged $79 a year for Prime membership when it has the exact same shipping benefit as Amazon Mom; Prime includes Netflix-like instant streaming shows and movies & Amazon Mom does not.

I really don't like the new Amazon layout (of Facebook's, for that matter) but I sure do like not having to spend $25+ for free shipping anymore, AND getting items in 2 days instead of 2 weeks... for FREE.

Just sharing! =] <3

September 27th, 2011, 09:10 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
We use amazon mom. It is great, your diapers arrive really quickly and you can cancel the subscription anytime...the prices can't be beat either. We are still using diaper shipment for our first and while i've been trying to stock up on coupon deals for this kiddo, it's looking like it won't be long before she's on the diaper subscription too! My only complaint is that it was a pain to have to change sizes frequently and submit new orders a lot in the beginning but he's been in the same size for a while now so its easy these, days, they just email that they're shipping, and they show up on our door step!

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
September 27th, 2011, 09:34 PM
katiebug02's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for sharing. I've found a couple of big ticket items on there for good prices but the shipping made them more expensive in the long run so I changed my mind.

Proud Mommy of Eric(11), Caitlyn(9), Aidan(6), Mason(3) and Eliana(2/21/2012)
September 27th, 2011, 09:41 PM
I never even thought to subscribe to diapers! When I went to order canned boiled peanuts, it offers to set up repeat deliveries. hahaha. So, I bet you could do wipes, too! Oh, and bottle drop-ins!!

Yeah, I'm going to be on Amazon all night seeing what all is on Prime. lol. So far, EVERY item I picked is on Prime, so I even get free 2-day shipping on my travel system! lol.

September 27th, 2011, 10:40 PM
katiebug02's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just signed up and have been looking like crazy. I went ahead and done a registry so I can keep up with all the stuff I like.

Proud Mommy of Eric(11), Caitlyn(9), Aidan(6), Mason(3) and Eliana(2/21/2012)
September 27th, 2011, 10:51 PM
Capns Girl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I use Amazon mom too. Just a heads up, the Prime is a free subscription TRIAL. The first 3 months are free and you can earn up to an additional (I think) 9 months more when you spend $25 or more in qualifying baby items. After that you have to pay the $79 membership fee. Still worth trying out and the fast shipping is awesome, just keep an eye on the date so you don't forget to cancel Prime before its too late.

Also the diaper subscriptions ship free without Prime.

September 27th, 2011, 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capns Girl View Post
I use Amazon mom too. Just a heads up, the Prime is a free subscription TRIAL. The first 3 months are free and you can earn up to an additional (I think) 9 months more when you spend $25 or more in qualifying baby items. After that you have to pay the $79 membership fee. Still worth trying out and the fast shipping is awesome, just keep an eye on the date so you don't forget to cancel Prime before its too late.

Also the diaper subscriptions ship free without Prime.

No, no, no... I don't have the trial of Prime. As a member of Amazon Mom ONLY, I still get free 2-day shipping on all Prime items. All Amazon Mom members get free 2-day shipping on Prime items - without any Prime membership at all.

"Why should you join Amazon Mom? We offer great benefits, including 30% off diapers and wipes, exclusive offers, and FREE Two-Day Shipping on Amazon Prime-eligible products."
Amazon.com: What Is Amazon Mom?

Last edited by BrittanyLBH; September 27th, 2011 at 11:27 PM.
September 27th, 2011, 11:36 PM
n8tsmomma's Avatar Super Mommy
Okay so I work for Amazon (on Kindle though) but I know Prime like the back of my hand. They have a free 30 day trial which you can get once every 13 months. They have Amazon Student for anyone that has a .edu email address it gets you some amazing deals on textbooks plus the free two day shipping of Prime. Amazon mom has Prime free for 3 months plus you get 15% off certain diapers and wipes on top of the standard 15% off for getting subscribe and save. For every $25 you spend in the baby store in a single order you can get another month free up to 12 months.

Now someone mentioned auto renew and watching the calendar to cancel on time my best advise is either call customer support or go to the your account page and turn off auto renew that way it cannot charge you at the end of your eligibility.

Also wanted to mention that the prime free 2 day shipping applies to any item that is shipped from Amazon I used this for ovulation and pregnancy test when TTC and I am also so cheap that I use it to order relatives gifts for the holidays and have it delivered for free lol.

As a side note for those that don't know there is a big press conference in the morning. (I am working on my day off just to find out what is going on,) I know nothing about what they are announcing or doing or anything except that it is going to be a really fun day! So if you are an amazon/techy toys geek like me I would watch the website in the morning and see what is going on!

September 28th, 2011, 12:01 AM
Everything everyone said is true except . . .

Prime Trial
"At the end of your free trial period, you'll be automatically upgraded to a paid annual membership for $79. When we upgrade your membership, we use the card you gave us when you signed up."

Amazon Mom
"Once your free shipping benefits have expired... If you want to continue to receiving Amazon Prime shipping benefits, you'll need to enroll in Amazon Prime for an annual membership fee of $79."

With Amazon Mom, you don't need to cancel anything b/c you aren't going to be charged at any point, unlike the Prime Trial.

September 28th, 2011, 12:33 AM
armymama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I loved Amazon mom while I was still living on the mainland, but now that I moved back to Hawaii when DH's deployment was over, I don't get to use it anymore. Prime benefits of free 2-day shipping don't count in Hawaii. It made me love Amazon a little less...
September 28th, 2011, 01:54 PM
AddysMom24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to AddysMom24
We subscribe to the diaper subscription and love it! Price cant be beat with the 30% off. Were going to start bringing in smaller sizes as well with our next shipment for the new little one.

my siggy was made by *Kiliki*

September 28th, 2011, 02:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
i just bought my bedding and shipping was $18 but i dont think wonder if i wouldve been free if i was on amazon mom

also if i have a gift card code can i use more then 1 gift card at a time?

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
September 28th, 2011, 04:37 PM
n8tsmomma's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoNiSe View Post
i just bought my bedding and shipping was $18 but i dont think wonder if i wouldve been free if i was on amazon mom

also if i have a gift card code can i use more then 1 gift card at a time?
Yes just apply them to the account!

September 28th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
thanks i should be having $25 worth of gift cards coming here shortly from swagbucks i cashed in yay!!
I think im going to get lettering for the wall that matches the bedset!

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
September 28th, 2011, 08:42 PM
ASoldiersLuckyCharm's Avatar Three's A Charm <3
Send a message via ICQ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Yahoo to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Skype™ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm
We have had Prime for the past 2-3 years it was easier shipping overseas while husband was deployed. What is Amazon Mom about?

all graphics made by Jackie at http://cutesypies.livejournal.com/ & http://blushfuls.com/ tell her Judy sent you

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search