Hip pain...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 27th, 2011, 09:17 PM
akicequeen02's Avatar Super Mommy
Anyone else having ridiculous hip pain? My left hip almost feels like it is working on getting dislocated or something. Does that make sense? It is so bad getting up from the floor and walking- it gets a little better when kinda worked out a bit but still is there. Because of this my left leg is 1/2 as strong as my right leg. I can barely lift it from the floor when I am laying on my back whereas my right leg lifts up just fine.

I am going to call in the AM to get an appointment with my chiropractor but I just have this feeling that one of these days I am just not going to be able to walk. Does that sound rational???

Tiffany
September 27th, 2011, 09:29 PM
katiebug02's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It may be sciatica. My hips have already started this time. It takes me forever to get it worked out when I get up in the mornings. I do pretty good unless I stay sitting down for a while and try to get up. For me, it just gets worse and worse as the pregnancy progresses. I probably dread that more than anything. I may try the chiropractor this time around and see if it helps.

Proud Mommy of Eric(11), Caitlyn(9), Aidan(6), Mason(3) and Eliana(2/21/2012)
September 27th, 2011, 09:33 PM
I have had sciatica before on the left side as well but this feels different. I am dreading that this will probably get worse. I told my boss today that one day I might just call saying I can't walk. Ugh.

Tiffany
September 27th, 2011, 09:45 PM
BrittanyLBH's Avatar (Formerly DueFeb2012)
A few times last week, I got a sharp pain in my left lower back where it meets my hip - kinda where my thumb would be if I put my hands on my hips. Anyway, they lasted for about a minute each time and the last one hurt so bad! They stopped but when I was getting them, they sucked!

Idk if that's anything like what you had, but I hope you are able to get help from your chiropractor. =]

September 28th, 2011, 03:04 AM
BSandDsMommy's Avatar Mommy to three boys
I had it with both boys but was further along and by the end I could barely get up from sitting/laying down lol I just assumed it was my hips spreading to accommodate baby

Baby girl due Dec. 2014

Make a pregnancy ticker
September 28th, 2011, 04:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My hips did this with DS, it was my hips speading. They never went back so I hope I dont get this pain this time too!
September 28th, 2011, 05:59 AM
kellysensei's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't had hip pain with this one yet, but I had horrible hip, back, and groin pain with DS starting around 22 weeks. There were days where it hurt to walk, like you're experiencing. Not fun, but not abnormal, I don't think.

Evan James (2/18/12) and Gabriel Anthony (6/5/10)

September 28th, 2011, 10:48 PM
.:Kati:.'s Avatar kyler's mommy
I have been having pain in my right hip some nights hope it gets better for you.

September 29th, 2011, 07:11 AM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
i'm sorry. i have bursitis in both hips, and have since i was thirteen. it is so bad that i sometimes have to take pain medicine for it and yeah, it feels like it's about to dislocate. later in pregnancy there are days i can't walk. but it's way worse for me in late pregnancy, than when i'm not pregnant. still, i wish it would go away altogether.
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

September 29th, 2011, 11:46 AM
ASoldiersLuckyCharm's Avatar Three's A Charm <3
Send a message via ICQ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Yahoo to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Skype™ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm
I have the worst hip pain while I am pregnant. I pops out of place all the time I just try and find different way to sleep on it so I don't have shooting pains or any of that. I hope the doctor can help you hon.

all graphics made by Jackie at http://cutesypies.livejournal.com/ & http://blushfuls.com/ tell her Judy sent you
September 29th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Mine have started up. It feels like my sciatic nerve is being pressed, but luckily I haven't gotten full blown sciatica. It's just my lower back/hips. It's worse for me when I walk around too much like for shopping. Seems backwards that I feel good when sitting on my butt all day but not when I exercise. lol
September 29th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Kitusne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
From time to time. Low back pain sometimes, too.
September 29th, 2011, 02:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry you are feeling so badly. I hope the chiro can help.

Thank you so much Kris2you for my lovely siggy!!!

September 29th, 2011, 03:13 PM
jaelin's Avatar Super Mommy
I haven't had any real pain, just achiness in my hips from always laying on my side. I had DH get behind me and put his hands on my hips and gently put pressure on them kind of pulling back at the same time. It felt soooo nice. like a good stretch.
Mars (9 months
)

missing my 2 angels

"Every person in the world has passed through the body of a woman..."

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?to...77625732258607
September 29th, 2011, 11:21 PM
Thanks for sharing all of your experiences. I did go to the chiro this morning. He was able to give me a pretty good adjustment I just don't know how long it will stick with the relaxant in my joints right now. We will see. Hopefully it will last at least the weekend.

Tiffany

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search