Have you picked out a car seat yet?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 27th, 2011, 11:24 PM
katiebug02's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been looking and can not make up my mind. I like the Graco snug-ride 35, but it's a lot more pricey than the regular snug ride. If I knew for sure that I would get more use out of it than the regular snug-rides I would pay the extra money. I just hate to spend that much for an infant seat and then pay another 2 or 3 hundred for a convertible seat in a few months. This is the one I like:

Amazon.com: Graco SnugRide 35 Infant Car Seat-Lilly: Baby

Proud Mommy of Eric(11), Caitlyn(9), Aidan(6), Mason(3) and Eliana(2/21/2012)
September 28th, 2011, 12:00 AM
Capns Girl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think thats a really cute carseat! How big was your son at 1 year? Would he have fit in it still? I'm using the same seat I had with Madi (Chicco Keyfit30) and she was in it until she was 17 months old.

I think that if your son would have been able to ride in it at a year than there is a good chance your daughter could also. Of course all kids grow differently and I could be dead wrong, but thats what I would base my decision off of.

September 28th, 2011, 12:07 AM
katiebug02's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sure he would have fit in it at a year. I think we took him out of his regular snug ride at a year? His car seat expired not long after we switched him into his convertible so we can't use it again.

Proud Mommy of Eric(11), Caitlyn(9), Aidan(6), Mason(3) and Eliana(2/21/2012)
September 28th, 2011, 12:20 AM
BrittanyLBH's Avatar (Formerly DueFeb2012)
Yes!! lol

Facebook

September 28th, 2011, 05:22 AM
hoping and waiting's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes, we actually got a Chicco Keyfit 360 used. It looks brand new and is the same model currently being sold in stores. It does,'t expire until 2014. I got it for $60.00 used when it is selling new for $180.00. Feel pretty good about it. I also got the matching stroller used for $75.00, which is currently selling for $160.00.

Chicco KeyFit 30 Infant Car Seat - Cubes - Chicco - Babies "R" Us
September 28th, 2011, 05:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
that carseat is so cute, I have yet to think about a carseat....
September 28th, 2011, 07:01 AM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
We have the snug ride 35 and I love it. We bought it because our friends had to replace theirs at 9 months because they only had the infant seat tat goes up to 22 lbs and they have a chunky baby. Turns out that we didn't have to worry. At 9 months, Emily is just about 18 lbs. The only reason she'll move out of this one early is because she'll move into the convertible seat and the new baby will get this one.

The only thing about having a carrier that goes to 35 lbs is that it's unreasonable to think that you'll continue to carry your baby around in it at that point. At 18lbs, it's getting difficult to carry Em in it.

Have you looked at the Graco smart seat? It goes from 5-100 lbs. all the way to booster seat. The only thing I don't know is that I don't think it can be placed in shopping carts which is convenient unless you plan to use a wrap all the time.

September 28th, 2011, 07:43 AM
jennybunny82's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am also getting the Chicco Keyfit but in Fuego... I love red and bright colors and it will match the stroller.

Target:Chicco KeyFit 30 Infant Car Seat- Fuego

September 28th, 2011, 07:55 AM
momtomonkeys's Avatar Super Mommy
We are going with this set I think:

BabyTrend.COM - Travel Systems - Jogger - TJ93003 : Expedition ELX Travel System - Windsor
September 28th, 2011, 08:07 AM
ASH_M's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by momtomonkeys View Post
This is what we have now, only in the green color way. We really like it. Jojo is 10 months old and she's still in the carseat. We're going to get her a convertible carseat here soon though, so the new baby will use this one.

September 28th, 2011, 08:20 AM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
we just moved tyler out of his infant seat so we will be using that for her. We just bought it last year.

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!

Last edited by jensma; September 28th, 2011 at 08:22 AM.
September 28th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Super Mommy
Using my friends infant seat until summer probably and then we will be switching to My Ride 65 convertible seat. My Ride 65 Car Seat - Prentis - product summary - Bing Shopping I'm waiting to buy until it's manufactured after January 1 b/c they expire December of the 6th yr so that way it will not be expired until Dec of 2018 (which seems FOREVER away btw!)

September 28th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Kitusne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a Graco travel system.

Amazon.com: Graco Spree Travel System, Barcelona Bluegrass: Baby
September 28th, 2011, 11:49 AM
jennybunny82's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaAsh View Post
Using my friends infant seat until summer probably and then we will be switching to My Ride 65 convertible seat. My Ride 65 Car Seat - Prentis - product summary - Bing Shopping I'm waiting to buy until it's manufactured after January 1 b/c they expire December of the 6th yr so that way it will not be expired until Dec of 2018 (which seems FOREVER away btw!)
I LOVE our MyRide 65... If we get another vehicle, we will not be getting an infant seat for it. We will go directly to the MyRide.

September 28th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
dumb question since ive already had 2 kids but how can you tell when the carseat expires?

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
September 28th, 2011, 02:28 PM
BrittanyLBH's Avatar (Formerly DueFeb2012)
This is ours, only we chose Orange Oak.

September 28th, 2011, 02:32 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
donise it should say somewhere on the seat when it expires and at the very least when it was manufactured.

we have a britax and a myride. He hasn't used the myride yet but i'm a big fan of his britax seat!

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
September 28th, 2011, 02:34 PM
momtomonkeys's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoNiSe View Post
dumb question since ive already had 2 kids but how can you tell when the carseat expires?
Locating the Expiration Date

Most car seats have the date of expiration stamped on the car seat base. Alternatively, it might show the date of manufacture. If that's the case, generally the car seat will expire 6 years after the date of manufacture. Only a few seats may be good for a few years longer than that.

HTH!
September 28th, 2011, 02:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
thanks ill look next time i go to the car!

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
September 28th, 2011, 04:12 PM
Super Mommy
We bought the Britax Chaperone Infant Car Seat in Cowmooflage! Technically we got it for free as it was the promo if you bought the Britax B Ready stroller set! So can't pass up an almost $300 carseat right?

After he/she grows out of the infant carseat, we will use our Graco Snugride 65 that we bought for our DS for DH's car, which we never ended up using since I quit working and there was no need for DH to pick the kids up!

Infant Car Seats - Britax 2012 Chaperone Infant Car Seat Cowmooflage

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search