Carseat covers?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 28th, 2011, 12:35 PM
BSandDsMommy's Avatar Mommy to three boys
Has anyone used one? I have the carseat from Stretten that I plan to use with this one also but was thinking about buying a cute carseat cover so it's different, but don't know if it's worth the money on Ebay there are some very cute ones but don't want to buy until I know if they are a pain or not (like if they don't stay on) anyone use one? If so did you like it?

Baby girl due Dec. 2014

Make a pregnancy ticker
September 28th, 2011, 12:44 PM
jennybunny82's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but unless the car seat cover is made by that specific manufacturer. It is unsafe and voids the manufacturer guarantee. Any aftermarket product used on a car seat is unsafe. Here is a thread from car-seat.org

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=35856

Last edited by jennybunny82; September 28th, 2011 at 12:47 PM.
September 28th, 2011, 12:48 PM
I was wondering if it would be safe another reason I had been holding out

Baby girl due Dec. 2014

Make a pregnancy ticker
September 28th, 2011, 12:57 PM
Think I'm going to try and talk dh into a new carseat hahah mainly b/c with ds2 he was a big boy (still is) and by like 5/6 months he'd pretty much outgrew the carseat for lenght thankfully he was sitting up unassisted so we just got him a convertible carseat so when we'd go out it wasn't a pain he could sit in buggys or high chairs

Baby girl due Dec. 2014

Make a pregnancy ticker
September 28th, 2011, 01:11 PM
jennybunny82's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreckStrettandTaysMommy View Post
Think I'm going to try and talk dh into a new carseat hahah mainly b/c with ds2 he was a big boy (still is) and by like 5/6 months he'd pretty much outgrew the carseat for lenght thankfully he was sitting up unassisted so we just got him a convertible carseat so when we'd go out it wasn't a pain he could sit in buggys or high chairs
It's not a bad idea to get a new carseat. DH tried to convince me to start out with a convertible and if I wasn't so stubborn I would. But I really want the Chicco Keyfit so it will fit the double stroller I want. But if we get another car, the baby will go directly into a convertible. (the Graco MyRide 65) We love ours for DS.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search