btdt moms

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 29th, 2011, 05:16 PM
BrittanyLBH's Avatar (Formerly DueFeb2012)
Every single bathtub, no matter how highly rated, had several comments saying it was the worst bath they ever used b/c of how much it leaks or how it tipped their baby over, or how the cushion molded, etc. There isn't a single tub I have my eye on b/c the bath cushion I decided on is no longer on the market. =/ And I am pretty sure I want a co-sleeper. Either the bassinet-like things that stand to the side of the bed, or the smaller contraptions that sit in the bed, though I am also considering a Moses basket. I'm really not sure. I have literally everything else set in stone, and these two aspects are bugging me. I've been looking since before my BFP and am still undecided. What have you used?

I have my eye on these...

Amazon.com: Baby Delight Snuggle Nest, Green/White: Baby

Amazon.com: Arm's Reach Mini Convertible Co-Sleeper Bassinet: Baby

But I'm not even close to making a decision, and I think if I truly wanted either, I'd have made up my mind by now.

September 29th, 2011, 06:42 PM
ovramirez27's Avatar Super Mommy
im going to buy the same tub i had with my son simple but good dont knoe the brand but its blue with green seats one side for newborn the other for a infant

love your sleep choices.

September 29th, 2011, 06:46 PM
Kitusne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What about this tub? It seems to have a lot of good reviews, and only a couple bad ones... Someone will always have a problem with things. There is no perfection.

Amazon.com: The First Year's Infant To Toddler Tub with Sling, Blue: Baby
September 29th, 2011, 06:52 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
I'm seriously considering getting one of these Blooming Bath - Baby Bath Seat, Baby Bath, Baby Bathing, Baby Tub I have one of the plastic molded ones, but finding a place to hang it while drying and store it in this tiny house is a pain.

September 29th, 2011, 06:54 PM
jennybunny82's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have this bathtub from DS and never had any problems with it... we hooked it up to the kitchen sink when he was a newborn and then moved it into the bath tub as he got bigger. I'm actually really glad that we saved it.

Amazon.com: Fisher-Price Aquarium Bathtub: Baby

I'm also looking at getting the same mini co-sleeper that you have listed. I didn't co-sleep with my son but I wish I did since I had a c-section and it was very hard to get in and out of bed with him since our bed is high off the ground.

September 29th, 2011, 06:56 PM
sarah_19_nz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We had a change table that had a built in bath tub. Very basic... it was simply a plastic tub! Worked fine for us! When She got a bit bigger we bought a extra large plastic tub, no fancy bits, just a removable bung where the water can flow out afterwards.

We use a bassinet when they are newborn, next to our bed. I like the co sleeper thingy that rests up alongside your bed the best out of the 2 you posted

September 29th, 2011, 07:05 PM
Lovemykiddos!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Lovemykiddos!
I use my sink till baby can sit on its own, then we use a bathseat in the reg tub. Im cheap tho haha.
September 29th, 2011, 09:03 PM
BSandDsMommy's Avatar Mommy to three boys
On the tub I hated everyone I have used I just lay them in my hand and wash them in the sink and then on the cosleeper I have the little one that you put in the bed but ds1 hated it and slept with is ds2 slept with us for a bit but didn't like it and would wiggle around so we did pnp for a little then moved to the crib I think we will do pnp again with this one then move to crib once ds2 is in a toddler bed

Baby girl due Dec. 2014

Make a pregnancy ticker
September 29th, 2011, 09:14 PM
katiebug02's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've never liked the tubs we've had. I've had several. We had the spa tub with Mason and it sucked. I think I'm going to try the euro bath this time. It has some good reviews.

Amazon.com: PRI EuroBath, Pearl White: Baby

Proud Mommy of Eric(11), Caitlyn(9), Aidan(6), Mason(3) and Eliana(2/21/2012)
September 29th, 2011, 09:39 PM
HubbysSweetheart's Avatar Little Jo married Laurie!
I had planned on getting the same co-sleeper because a friend recomended it. When reading the reviews I found Alot of complaints about the sound. I guess it turns on at full volume, you can turn it down, but next time it turns on it's all the way up again.... loud enough to wake up your sleeping baby. There were also alot of complaints that the sound button was in a bad position so that baby can easily bump it on.... scaring everyone awake. Not Good!!

So I got onto ebay and bought an old version of the same thing.... but with no sound everyone seemed to Love the old version.............. why do companys have to mess with a good thing?

GL!

September 29th, 2011, 10:17 PM
isaroo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are not co-sleeping, so I don't have much advise on the bed situation.

For the bathtub, I'm using the puj tub in the sink until baby can sit up on his own, then we'll switch to a ring that looks like a bumbo and has suction cups on the bottom for the big tub.

~Missing our Angel ~ March 8, 2014~

Next Appointment 11/19

September 29th, 2011, 10:26 PM
ASoldiersLuckyCharm's Avatar Three's A Charm <3
Send a message via ICQ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Yahoo to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Skype™ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm
I got the 20 dollar bath from Toysrus the cork part would turn color if the bath was too hot it worked perfect for me with both my children. I believe there are just negative people out there so I don't put 100% stock in what those people say. And there has to be out of the 1000000 that companies make a few defective ones maybe that is what they got.
The First Years Sure Comfort Deluxe Newborn-to-Toddler Tub - Learning Curve - Babies "R" Us

I have never wasted time or money on a bassinet they are only in those for a little amount of time. I always just use the play yard for the first few weeks. Then move up to the crib.

all graphics made by Jackie at http://cutesypies.livejournal.com/ & http://blushfuls.com/ tell her Judy sent you
September 30th, 2011, 03:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I also have this tub.

The First Years Sure Comfort Deluxe Newborn-to-Toddler Tub - Learning Curve - Babies "R" Us

Used it with both kids and never had any trouble or complaints. It is simple and gets the job done. As soon as baby can sit up, we start transitioning to the big tub.

As for the cosleeper, I like them both. We have always used a bassinett on the side of our bed, but I have been seriously considering a snuggle nest this time around. Having baby close is just so convenient in the beginning when baby is waking to nurse so often. Then again, that time is brief. Either way, both look like solid choices.

Thank you so much Kris2you for my lovely siggy!!!

September 30th, 2011, 05:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Im getting this sleeper for next to my bed, I wont let the baby sleep flat for a few months.
Target:Fisher-Price Newborn Rock 'N Play Sleeper
And this bath
Target:Fisher Price Whale of a Playtub Baby Bath Tub
September 30th, 2011, 06:59 AM
marinewife0702's Avatar proud first time mama
At first, my mom and DHs mom both used a baby bath sponge that you get moist and lay on the counter and wash baby with a wash cloth. I have the same issue with finding an actual tub. Every single one has good and equally bad reviews.

September 30th, 2011, 07:40 AM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
we have the fisher price bathtub too. I liked it a lot. We just stopped using it maybe 2 months ago when he figured out he could stand up and climb out of it. LOL. Now he gets bathed in the regular tub. I always filled it in the bathtub and then i could dump it in there and hang it on the towel rack. IT worked great for us.

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
September 30th, 2011, 07:40 AM
Girl IS my name's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't know about a tub yet. Hadn't thought much about it I don't guess... But for sleeping, we're going to use a cradle for the first few months and then move to a crib after that.

Follow my blog: http://finallyfoundwhereibelong.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for our PR Banner!!
September 30th, 2011, 09:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have both the snuggle nest and the arms reach. I LOVE the snuggle nest. I was sad to see Charlotte grow out of it. It is great having baby so close, you can pat baby's back or let him/her suck on your finger without getting up. Awesome if you are bfing.

The arms reach thing was okay. I liked it because it was bigger than most bassinets and has a higher weight limit. But Charlotte was always a large baby, and I couldn't comfortably reach over while still in bed and pick her up. She went into it when she grew out of the snuggle nest. But really we could have skipped it and went straight to the crib with no problem. It is good for traveling when they are little, but a pack and play will last much longer for those purposes because of the size/weight limits. It is also nice if you want baby to be able to sleep in more than one room, like if you want to take baby to the living room to let your partner have a break. We did that a lot. But again, a pack and play will serve the same purpose and last longer. The advantage this has over the pack and play is the baby is up much higher and you don't have to bend waaaaayyyyyyy down to get him/her.

So, conclusion... Snuggle nest was one of my fav baby items. I will get another one for this baby (the Velcro that holds the bumpers in place wears out). The arms reach was nice to have, but not really necessary. A crib or pack and play would have worked just fine for our purposes by the time dd used it.

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy!
September 30th, 2011, 11:00 AM
mommy2kenzie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
In my opinion, I never wanted to buy an expensive bathtub because the baby will outgrow it so quickly. We bought a $5 bathtub from Walmart and a yellow sponge shaped like a bear to lay inside of it. It worked great for us! We will be reusing the same items for this baby. You could also use your kitchen sink for free! lol

As for a co-sleeper, with DD, I laid her next to me and made sure DH had a barrier between us since he is a heavy sleeper and we never had one issue with it. This time, I was given a 1st years mini cosleeper that you can lay on the mattress and I was also given a bassinet to use by the side of my bed. I lucked out and didn't have to spend anything. I would recommend craiglist to find a bassinet or pack n play. You can find amazing deals on gently used baby items.

siggy by Jaidynsmum
September 30th, 2011, 11:03 AM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
we used the bassinet on the pack n play (also called newborn napper)...tyler stayed in there forever. He loved it! It wasn't right next to our bed, but when he started crying i got up anyway.

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search