Clothing Crisis!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 30th, 2011, 04:03 PM
LShumate1010's Avatar Super Mommy
I am a penny pincher and hate spending $20 on a shirt! I have hit the point in my pregnancy where only a few things fit and those items will only fit another 4-6 weeks if that. Its still to soon to buy maternity shirts and such. Anyone else having this break down? I thought dressing the period bloat was hard....

Last edited by LShumate1010; September 30th, 2011 at 04:16 PM.
September 30th, 2011, 04:12 PM
ASoldiersLuckyCharm's Avatar Three's A Charm <3
Send a message via ICQ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Yahoo to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Skype™ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm
I'm in between but not for long. I don't mind spending the money as long as I am comfortable. Sorry that your feeling that way.

all graphics made by Jackie at http://cutesypies.livejournal.com/ & http://blushfuls.com/ tell her Judy sent you
September 30th, 2011, 05:13 PM
Super Mommy
It sucks being in between I totally agree with you. I haven't bought anything yet either, but I think I can only manage this for a few more weeks before I absolutely need New clothes
September 30th, 2011, 05:18 PM
BrittanyLBH's Avatar (Formerly DueFeb2012)
same boat

September 30th, 2011, 05:35 PM
JTsquared's Avatar Co-Host of Feb 2012 PR
I'm in maternity pants totally, but regular shirts (just went from S to M). I'll probably be in maternity shirts before long. It stinks to spend the money, but you need to be comfortable! Just make sure to get things that will fit you for many months, if not throughout the length of your pregnancy.
September 30th, 2011, 06:01 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
i have been picking up a maternity item here and there since i got pregnant. None of my stuff from tyler fits I have 2 pair of jeans, a couple of shirts and what i have will just have to work unless i find something that is a great deal. I'm wearing a very nice mat shirt right now. Doesn't fit much different than my reg clothes but i feel pregnant instead of just fat.

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
September 30th, 2011, 06:13 PM
Lovemykiddos!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Lovemykiddos!
I got some off Craigslist! The ones I got look brand new! I spent $20 on 4 pants 3 shirts super good deal with how new they look especially!
September 30th, 2011, 07:12 PM
Shannon1978's Avatar ~Formerly Donkey Lemonade
I wear my regular shirts and a long tank under them. I love the long and lean tanks from Target $6.00 on sale. I have them in every color!! I have a few maternity sweaters I have purchased. I went with sweater cardigans. They should last me all winter, but that is it for tops. Pants...oh forget about it...I have been in maternity pants FOREVER!
September 30th, 2011, 08:11 PM
Kitusne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had to switch to mat shirts at 18 weeks, and due to my now huge boobs rather than my belly

Sucks, but mat clothes do tend to cost as much as regular clothes. There are often sales though.
September 30th, 2011, 09:00 PM
Super Mommy
My shirts still fit, but my pants are getting a little tight now. My friend sent me some maternity shirts from her pregnancy 6 months ago. Today I went to Ross and found some cute maternity jeans for $13.99. They also had some cute shirts for about $!0 too. If you aren't afraid of used clothes try looking at a resale store. I saw some maternity clothes at a resale botique a while ago and they were also pretty cheap compared to brand new and they looked like they were in good shape.

October 1st, 2011, 07:24 AM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
I've been in maternity clothes since I hit 4 months in my last pregnancy and was just getting back to regular clothes when I found out I was pregnant with this one. Try looking at the clearance items at maternity stores. I got a bunch of 5 dollar shirts on clearance at Motherhood maternity. It sometimes takes a trip or two, but if you start now, you'll have the choice to wait and not spend a ton!

October 1st, 2011, 07:52 AM
~Mindy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I try to avoid maternity clothes as much as possible and look for things that I will be able to wear after the baby is born for a while too. I bought some tunic tops and long layering tanks a size bigger than my normal size, I'm pretty sure they will fit the whole time. When it gets colder I can just throw a cardigan or jacket over the tanks. As far as pants go, I live in leggings and yoga pants that fold down under my belly.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search