Why is baby stuff so expensive!?!?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 2nd, 2011, 02:49 AM
Veteran
MIL just bought us a pack-n-play, after taxes it was $170!! This is crazy to me! She was wanting to buy us this baby swing, but I told her I didn't want her to spend $150 on a swing that the baby may or may not use that much, I would rather just have one of the small $30 bouncer things.
October 2nd, 2011, 05:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Things can get crazy pricey, and that can be a hard pill to swallow considering how briefly most of these things will be used. You can often get good deals, if you keep your eyes peeled, though. I saw a cute pack n play (not with all of the bells and whistles, but cute pattern, good brand, all you need) at toys r us last night for $99. There are travel size swings and simple swings that you can definitely get for a decent price. It is definitely frustrating though, to see such huge price tags when you have such a long list of things to buy!

Thank you so much Kris2you for my lovely siggy!!!

Last edited by karbear33; October 2nd, 2011 at 05:44 AM.
October 2nd, 2011, 05:55 AM
Lovemykiddos!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Lovemykiddos!
It also helps to price match. toys r us will price match baby items, and Walmart price matches everything. Also places like Kmart and Sears do layaway, which can help with expensive items that people don't get for you
October 2nd, 2011, 09:22 AM
~Carissa~'s Avatar SAHMommy to Wyatt!
Send a message via AIM to ~Carissa~
Yeah, it's ridiculous! I remember when we had to buy all of these things with my first son..it was overwhelming. Thank goodness we saved almost all of it...lol.

October 2nd, 2011, 10:07 AM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm investing in it all now with the hopes of being able to reuse it all with my future babies. It is painful though when we make a big purchase.
October 2nd, 2011, 11:56 AM
RhiettaP's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It is crazy....especially when some of the items are things you HAVE to have (carseat)....this is our last baby (we thought #3 was our last)....and we currently don't have ANY baby gear left from the other kids (other than the diaper changer pad).....it's like shopping for our first baby all over again (except we're not buying a crib)...but the carseat/stroller, breast pump (must have for me), bottles clothes etc....it adds up and it adds up fast!!

William 11.06.03
Ethan 7.3.08
Liam Ryan 2.17.12
Rowan Oliver 6.19.14
October 2nd, 2011, 02:37 PM
ASoldiersLuckyCharm's Avatar Three's A Charm <3
Send a message via ICQ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Yahoo to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Skype™ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm
The pack and play I got tons of use out of and was worth every penny. As for those swings that are way overly priced. I don't know which one to get my song loved the vibrating seat and hated the swing.. My daughter loved the swing thank god they were close in age I was about to use everything over with her. There are some things that you can do with out. Bottle warmers and baby whip warms so silly to me. I breast fed/ pumped. I remember being in walmart with my two and a lady asking me about wipe warmers.. I laughed and said never used it what so ever just something that someone out there will buy and spend money on.

all graphics made by Jackie at http://cutesypies.livejournal.com/ & http://blushfuls.com/ tell her Judy sent you
October 2nd, 2011, 02:47 PM
Kitusne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
They charge that much because they know we'll pay it. We either want or need things, and most people get excited and want to buy everything new.
October 2nd, 2011, 06:42 PM
katiebug02's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's crazy expensive. Prices have even went up since I had Mason 2.5 years ago. Luckily, I have most of his big stuff to use with the baby. I'm wanting to get some girly stuff, so I have been looking on craigslist to see if I can get a good deal. I know we are buying the car seat new and maybe a swing. I love the little pink cradle swings with the lights. Sooo precious. This is our last so I like to think it's okay to splurge a little since it's the last time we get to do this.

Proud Mommy of Eric(11), Caitlyn(9), Aidan(6), Mason(3) and Eliana(2/21/2012)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search