passing out???

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 2nd, 2011, 11:03 AM
marinewife0702's Avatar proud first time mama
so today, for the second time in a week, i almost passed out at walmart. i ate 2 hours before hand....and i didnt think it would be an issue for me to get groceries, but apparently it was lol. poor dh had to finish shopping while i sat by the bathrooms, drank water and ate pringles. still feel yucky

has this happened to anyone else?!?!

October 2nd, 2011, 12:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Happened to me a few weeks ago while shopping in kmart I ate like 2 hours before that also

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
October 2nd, 2011, 12:09 PM
BSandDsMommy's Avatar Mommy to three boys
My friend has passed out with both of her pregnancies from low blood pressure

Baby girl due Dec. 2014

Make a pregnancy ticker
October 2nd, 2011, 12:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I always check out my blood pressure at the Pharmacy before starting my shopping, lol.

Mommy Pam to 8 other blessings ages 16 to newborn! 5 boys and 3 girls.
For the multiples forum: I have identical twin boys who are 3.
October 2nd, 2011, 12:48 PM
RhiettaP's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm guessing it's low blood pressure, or low blood sugar.....I always carry mini sized candy bars (I can't have a lot of sugar) in my purse because I can tell when my sugar gets low...it usually comes on quickly too.

Very scary feeling. Good thing you had someone with you just in case....

William 11.06.03
Ethan 7.3.08
Liam Ryan 2.17.12
Rowan Oliver 6.19.14
October 2nd, 2011, 12:55 PM
JTsquared's Avatar Co-Host of Feb 2012 PR
I got light headed just sitting on the couch last night. I wasn't even moving! Very strange.
October 2nd, 2011, 02:39 PM
Super Mommy
I have had a couple of spells of dizziness where I had to sit down. Luckily I have been at home when it happened and I haven't actually passed out. It happened to me last night, I was sitting on the couch with my daughter watching videos on youtube and got up and was really dizzy, I had to lay down on the bed and ended up taking a nap. I was afraid to get up again thinking it could happen again if I got up.

October 2nd, 2011, 03:54 PM
Kitusne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I get like that when I get too hot, or go too long without food or water.
October 2nd, 2011, 04:02 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I've been getting like that a little here lately. Dizziness at random times when I sit, stand, lay down...doesn't really matter what I'm doing. lol I have chronic anemia, though. I've been getting the shakes here lately when I wait too long to eat. I think I might be developing hypoglycemia on top of that.

Three on Earth and seven in Heaven. Hoping to get knocked up in 2016. Sometimes.

http://arwenart.com
October 2nd, 2011, 04:05 PM
jennybunny82's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also try to eat or drink something sugary whenever I go anywhere. I almost passed out at an air show last time and since then DH makes sure I have something to munch on.

October 2nd, 2011, 04:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
yep, at Target with the kids a couple of weeks ago, after our gender ultrasound...so luckily DH was with us. It hit me out of no where, and it took every bit of focus and willpower I had just to keep walking down the aisles. I grabbed a Reeses pumkin (quickest available mix of at least some protein and sugar...) and was feeling better within 15 minutes. I know that I just waited too long to eat and my blood sugar plummeted. It is scary how quickly that it can happen, though. I literally felt completely fine walking into the store. I am just thankful DH was there and I wasn't alone with the two kiddos.

Low blood pressure and low iron/anemia are also common causes of dizziness in pregnancy. So many things to contend with and keep track of...its no wonder so many of us have had experiences like this!

Thank you so much Kris2you for my lovely siggy!!!

October 2nd, 2011, 05:13 PM
.ingrid.'s Avatar TTC #2 on clomid
It can be a list of things that cause you to become light headed/faint..

Low blood pressure is usually one of the causes on the top of the list.
Your blood pressure can drop for a few reasons: Heat, standing for a prolonged period of time and emotional distress/anxiety.

Dehydration is another big one..
Blood vessels respond to gravity by constricting. This increases or maintains blood pressure when we stand from a sitting or lying position. So it means that the blood vessels don’t adjust to a standing position but instead allow the blood pressure to drop! Drinking water helps this!

Low blood sugar speaks for itself, perhaps it wouldn't be such a bad idea to have some thing to eat right before you leave the house to do things And drink atleast a glass or two of water as well!

If you feel it coming on, these things help: Fresh air, lying down and elevating feet (when resuming to standing, do it VERY slowly), if unable to elevate feet, have your head down as low as possible, eating some thing.

Starting a clomid journey!
October 2nd, 2011, 05:42 PM
sarah_19_nz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah I have had this during a grocery run. I was by myself and had Lara with me so I had to push through it, it was awful. As soon as I got to the car I drank a flavoured milk and ate a biscuit and I slowly started feeling better. I ALWAYS carry something in my purse to eat these days.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search