freaked myself out...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 2nd, 2011, 01:18 PM
marinewife0702's Avatar proud first time mama
reading the october DDC birth stories. I have no idea why but I am sooo freaked out right now that something will prohibit DH from being there and I will be all alone in a car giving birth. Call it hormones but I cant read those birth stories anymore (even though none of then had to do with anything that I am freaked out over).

October 2nd, 2011, 02:59 PM
Kitusne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I tend to avoid the birth stories, but mostly because every woman and every delivery is different.

I've had a couple dreams where I went into labor and ended up giving birth alone at home before I was able to get help. Maybe it's just me... but it made me feel better to educate myself on how to handle such situations.
October 2nd, 2011, 03:02 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
David was born in a car so it's a joke in his family that his kid will be too. That's not exactly the tradition I want carry on lol. The hospital we have to go to is 50 minutes away and it definitely makes me nervous since I have no clue how quickly I'll go.
October 2nd, 2011, 03:14 PM
marinewife0702's Avatar proud first time mama
we live down the street basically from the hospital...but i am more worried that DH will be sent like across the country and i'll be all alone lol

October 2nd, 2011, 04:07 PM
MuffinMama's Avatar First Time Mama :)
Send a message via AIM to MuffinMama
I've been worried about this, too! We're literally blocks from the hospital but I'm so worried that for some reason DF will not be able to make it for one reason or another. He's always working out of town/state and I'm already stressing out about something preventing him from being there.
October 2nd, 2011, 04:21 PM
.ingrid.'s Avatar TTC #2 on clomid
I enjoy reading them to a certain degree.
I think for me, they do bring on a little bit of anxiety.

Call it what you will, but I think first time Momma's can have a fair bit of fear associated with the unknown, ie: birth!
Not all births run text book smoothly, we know that. But reading the birth stories,in atleast every second one, there is going to be a comment about some thing the mother didn't like or some thing that was a little confronting. By the time you're done reading 5-10 stories, you've potentially heard about 3-6 things that can be daunting or scary. Hahaha... And we seem to go away thinking, every single one of those things might happen to use, where as realistically, maybe only one or two will.
Does that make sense?

I love reading them, but I limit myself to 2 at a time for those reasons above haha.

Starting a clomid journey!
October 2nd, 2011, 04:38 PM
sarah_19_nz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh yeah I love and hate reading the birth stories from the other DDC's I have read both amazing and horrendous stories. I'm so intrigued but at the same time don't wana know about the births!

Being a second time mum, to be completely honest I'm MORE freaked out about going through it all. And my first birth story/Labour wasn't even bad!

Like a previous poster mentioned we will all have our own unique birth stories and many of them will be problem free!

October 2nd, 2011, 05:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
my labors are have been so fast but horrible pregnanies

this pregnancy has gone much better then the others im stressing out that ill be in labor forever this time around lol

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search