Off Topic: Engagement rings..

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: Which ring should I wear for life?
Single Solitaire Diamond Ring 11 35.48%
Sapphire Ring 20 64.52%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 2nd, 2011, 04:42 PM
.ingrid.'s Avatar TTC #2 on clomid
I need your help ladies..
I am faced with a dilemma, I like two entirely different engagement rings and I have no idea what to do...... which one to pick?

I like them both for different reasons, please read ahead before voting

I like the single solitaire diamond ring because it's a safe option, because it's timeless and it's classically beatiful. I would never grow tired of looking at it, mainly due to it's simple elegance. I have wanted this style of ring since I was young! I am a rather safe investor when it comes to spending money, I generally sway for the 'appropriate' option. This ring seems appropriate, but don't get me wrong, I love it.

I like the 'show off' Sapphire ring, because it's an old fashioned style of ring. I like vintage style jewelry. One of my favorite colours is blue and it's the colour of my eyes. I like it because it's different, not a great deal of people would have the same ring as me. I think it also suits my personality a bit better, because I am not a conservative type. I am rather viabrant and hard not to notice (not some thing I am always proud of). I think this ring reflects me better as a person. This ring has much more of a statement to make! I hadn't considered a Sapphire ring until I saw this in a shop. OMG.. I did fall in love. And we'd be getting engaged whilst I was pregnant with our first, a boy... and Sapphire is blue, get it? huh huh? get it huh? Cute ay?

They both have a scary price tag, so price isn't a decider as they are pretty close!
I love both rings equally! Please help!

Starting a clomid journey!
October 2nd, 2011, 04:46 PM
sarah_19_nz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ohhh they are both BEAUTIFUL!

Before I even read your post I saw the blue one and immediately thought that one suited your personality better! I love the Sapphire!

I would personally choose the solitaire, it is very similar to mine. But thats MY personality reflected.

Whatever you choose it will look gorgeous! You will probably go back and try them on a few times before you decide.

October 2nd, 2011, 04:57 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The sapphire is more my personality as well and I actually have thought about wanting one for my engagement ring too. I bought myself a sapphire ring for my birthday this year and I love it!

October 2nd, 2011, 05:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
they are both very beautiful
but i dont normally step out of the box lol
so i would pick the solitaire

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
October 2nd, 2011, 05:24 PM
ASH_M's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I say get whichever your gut says. I personally love the classic solitaire though - but that's me. My sister loves saphires as well, so she got little saphires as a ring guard for her wedding band, and it goes around her solitaire engagement ring.

October 2nd, 2011, 05:33 PM
BrittanyLBH's Avatar (Formerly DueFeb2012)
My engagement ring was blue - BUT everyone thought it was because we couldn't 'afford' a diamond, even though the ring was just as expensive! lol. I voted for the second b/c it really seemed like you like it more...

October 2nd, 2011, 05:43 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
i voted for the solitaire just b/c its the classic option, but the sapphire is beautiful.

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
October 2nd, 2011, 05:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The blue for you!

My brother proposed with 3 stones that were aquamarine, because his girl loves the water. I think it's so lovely.

Mommy Pam to 8 other blessings ages 16 to newborn! 5 boys and 3 girls.
For the multiples forum: I have identical twin boys who are 3.
October 2nd, 2011, 05:58 PM
Bella11356's Avatar Super Mommy
I voted the sapphire! I already picked out my ring, it's a sapphire as well, but pink!! I love different rings! Everyone and their mother has diamonds. And I love your reasoning for picking it, it has meaning and is special!

October 2nd, 2011, 06:10 PM
momtomonkeys's Avatar Super Mommy
Personally, I would pick the diamond. However, the sapphire is very beautiful. I *almost* picked a sapphire and diamond band to go with my ring, but went with a more traditional band in the end.
October 2nd, 2011, 06:14 PM
isaroo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The sapphire is very pretty, but For an engagement ring I prefer the diamond ring. But it comes down to what you love. Personally, I gave my hubby a few pictures of rings and let him choose which it would be. That way I had a ring I'd love, but hubby also had input and had to make the final decision, so I didn't have to lol

~Missing our Angel ~ March 8, 2014~

Second Anatomy Scan 9/19, Next Appointment 10/1

October 2nd, 2011, 08:34 PM
akicequeen02's Avatar Super Mommy
I voted for the sapphire. I am not sure how it would match with a wedding ring or what your plan might be but it is beautiful!

Tiffany
October 3rd, 2011, 02:01 AM
BrittanyLBH's Avatar (Formerly DueFeb2012)
Still at a draw? We aren't being very much help at all, are we? lol

October 3rd, 2011, 02:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I voted for the sapphire ring. I agree that it better suits your personality, and I am also a huge fan of vintage style jewelry. It is GORGEOUS! The solitaire is pretty, too, but with your list of reasons why the sapphire ring would be special and a good choice, I think it is the obvious way to go!

Thank you so much Kris2you for my lovely siggy!!!

October 3rd, 2011, 02:43 AM
marinewife0702's Avatar proud first time mama
I went with a princess cut solitaire ring because thats what I have. When we got married I got my princess cut diamond band to go with it. Its easier in the long run, at least in my opinion, because if in a few years you want to rebuild your ring you can because there are soooo many options...and upgrading is a huge possibility too. It really depends on your personality though.

October 3rd, 2011, 02:54 AM
Capns Girl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I chose the saphire because you said it fits your personality better. I'm a bit biased though! My engagement ring has a saphire for the center stone and then a diamond on each side. I love it, mostly because it fits me more. But also because its unique and not everyone has the same kind of ring as I do!

October 3rd, 2011, 05:00 AM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
I voted for the sapphire because not only does it suit you, because the way you described it, I thought you might attach more meaning to it than the traditional ring. My engagement ring has a design in the band that I loved the moment I saw it. When my engagement ring got stolen from a jewelry repair store and they wanted to replace it with a traditional engagement ring (because they didn't have anything like my original) I was crushed. Luckily, my husband understood and bought another band like the one I had previously had and they put the entire value of the ring in a diamond to go in it!

October 3rd, 2011, 06:35 AM
JTsquared's Avatar Co-Host of Feb 2012 PR
My engagement ring is a solitaire, it was my great great aunt's diamond. It was hand cut, which you can't get anymore. I love my ring. BUT, I pick the sapphire for you. It's gorgeous! I tend to wear black and gray, so I stuck with a diamond. But I considered a black diamond. I say dare to be different!
October 3rd, 2011, 07:31 AM
Super Mommy
I voted for the sapphire one only because I really like non conventionnal engagement ring. It's more unique!

October 3rd, 2011, 08:33 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I can't decide myself so I didn't vote. The diamond looks like you'll be able to wear it with the wedding ring. A lot of people like to wear the set. The sapphire doesn't look like you can wear it with the band. So even though I prefer the star sapphire(I have one and love it!), would you really wear it all the time if it couldn't be worn with your wedding band? I guess they do have those bands that wrap around the engagement rings now. Just haven't seen one that would fit a stone that large.

If you could double the sapphire as your wedding ring or find a band that wrapped around it, I'd go for that one.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search