We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
- Boil 1lb of elbow macaroni ( I used Penne noddles instead), cook till al dente.
In a separate pan:
- Heat up 4 cups of milk, 2-3 sprigs of thyme, and 2 smashed cloves of garlic
In a separate large saute pan:
- Add 3 tbsp of canola oil then mix in 3 tbsp of flour, whisk until all lumps are gone.
- Strain the milk mixture into pot and continue to whisk.
- Slowly start to combine 4 cups of shredded white sharp cheddar
- (Optional) I added 1 chopped jalapeno and about a 1/4 cup of onions to this mixture and cooked until onions were clear.
- Combine noodles with cheese mixture and pour into a 3 QT baking pan. Top with an additional 1 1/2 cup of cheese. Bake for 30 minutes.
For the topping of dish:
- Cook 6 bacon strips until crispy, drain bacon fat and chop into small pieces.
- Chop 1/2 of a large onion and two cloves of garlic then combine in pan with bacon pieces and cook down until onions are clear.
Once dish is done baking, top with bacon mixture and enjoy!
This is much too complicated for me lol, Im a simpleton in the kitchen, I buy assorted cheese ends and shred them, mix them with boiled pasta and bacon bits and bake at about 400 till the top is golden. Yours sounds WAY more delicious though!!!