Hello I'm new

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 20th, 2011, 01:31 PM
I'm a new mom to be iam due jan 1st 2012, i will probably go into labor at the end of november or sometime in december. I'm excited and,nervous. Do any of you ladies feel that way?
October 20th, 2011, 01:36 PM
SmilesAreContagious's Avatar Rheanna Mommy-2-b
Hi, Im Rheanna, also Due Jan 1st, Im expecting a boy. Im very excited and very nervous as well. I think that's normal.

What makes you feel like you will go into labor early? Are you expecting a boy or girl?

Welcome to our DDC! Its a great one full of lots of supportive ladies.
October 20th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Desiree McD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome. And I'm with Rheanna, why would you think you'll go into labor early? Especially as a new mom. I thought new moms usually went over their due date.

Aside from that, I've very VERY excited.

Thank you, .:Shortcake:.!!

Facebook
October 20th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Well i'm expecting a boy,very anxious and happy...when i was 18 weeks along my son was above average...I just have a feeling that i'm goin to go into labor early plus I already started my Braxton Hick Contractions....me and my hubby are very excited about our bundle of joy. I did miscarry my first child I was 4 weeks along and that was 2 years ago. It's hard...I hope nobody has to go thru with what I did.
October 20th, 2011, 05:35 PM
littlebeansmommy's Avatar Super Mommy
Braxton Hicks contractions really don't tell you anything much about when you are going to go into labor. My 3rd DS was "above average" in size and I was having pretty decent braxton hicks from about 30 weeks (roughly) on. He came right on his scheduled induction date at 39 weeks. That was even with being dilated 1-2cms from about 32 weeks on. You never know what is going to happen.
DS #1:

My precious angel DS#2:

My rainbow DS#3:

My Princess #4:
October 20th, 2011, 06:12 PM
-Anna-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt01 View Post
Well i'm expecting a boy,very anxious and happy...when i was 18 weeks along my son was above average...I just have a feeling that i'm goin to go into labor early plus I already started my Braxton Hick Contractions....me and my hubby are very excited about our bundle of joy. I did miscarry my first child I was 4 weeks along and that was 2 years ago. It's hard...I hope nobody has to go thru with what I did.
Welcome!! I am Anna. Expecting baby #2.

I really do not think any of this is an indication that you will go into labor early. Measurments at 18 weeks can be very off, so the baby measuring "big" could be inaccurate but either way, that does not mean that you will go in early. Plus BH contractions are perfectly normal also and are not an indication of when labor will start. I would hate for you to think that these indicate early labor and get frustrated or disappointed at the end when the days keep ticking by. It's very likely that you could go in after you EDD. You just never know!

I'm sorry about your miscarriage. I lost a baby in between my pregnancy with DD1 and DD2. It is a very hard thing to go through.

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my very special siggy!
October 20th, 2011, 06:16 PM
pvm4ever88's Avatar Super Mommy
Welcome! I am due January 13th with a girl I agree with the other ladies you never know when you will truly go into labor. It's all up to what the little one is going to do.

October 20th, 2011, 06:53 PM
TNTGarner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome. I would have to agree with the other ladies on the early delivery business. I was dilated at 24 weeks and still did not deliver until 36 weeks. If you delivered a November baby you are looking at a 35 week or earlier baby and that is not something I would want and I would hope the doctors would stop as much as possible. BH are totally normal and do not indicate a preterm delivery.

October 20th, 2011, 09:35 PM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
Welcome and congrats! I agree with the other ladies...don't get your mind set on when you will deliver because you could deliver this baby on time as "late" as January 15th and that be healthy and normal. It would be unhealthy to deliver the baby at 35 weeks.

Jump right in and post away...we have a great group of ladies here!

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

October 21st, 2011, 07:20 AM
-3-Hearts's Avatar She's Country.....
I agree with everyone else. Size is no indication of delivery date, and braxton hicks can start very early. I know a few here, including myself, who had them start as early as 12 weeks. welcome to our group.

<3

<3
October 21st, 2011, 03:11 PM
Thanks ladies....you have put my mind at ease.
November 16th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Hi all, I had my son on December 14th 2011....I'm doing well an so is my hubby. Our son turned 11 months old a couple of days ago

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search