Christmas Baking!!!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 13th, 2011, 05:03 PM
abmommy's Avatar Super Mommy
What are your fav cookie/Christmas baking recipes!?!?! My list could use a few new things this year
DD 3
DS baby!

November 14th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Super Mommy
My favorite is these peanut butter/almond bark 'cookies'

take ritz or tollhouse crackers and spread creamy peanut butter on one side use another cracker to make a sandwich.

After you have done this with a sleeve or two of crackers melt some almond bark, start with about 1/2 the package, you can always add more later - either white or the regular chocolate - if you can't find it i guess you can use semi-sweet chocolate chips or white chocolate chips. I melt it in the microwave, stirring ever minute or 30 secs (depending on how powerful your microwave is) until it is smooth.

then dip the sandwiches in the almond bark and put them on a wax paper lined cookie sheet. You will probably have to re-warm the almond bark a few times depending on how quick you are and how many sandwiches you are doing. After your tray is full (or you run out of sandwiches) put it in the freezer to harden. You can sprinkle them with sugar sprinkles b4 putting them in the freezer - we do red or green for christmas.

store in an airtight container, either in the freezer or in a cool place on the counter (i.e. not by the stove )

I love the sweet and salty aspect of them, they are super easy to make, and ususally we dip pretzels or pretzel sticks in the left-over almond bark! I also love it when we make both white and reg chocolate and we use the same bowl...we do the reg choc first then just add the white when it's mostly gone - then a bunch are swirled white and brown and I like those the best!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search