has anyone had any bad baby dreams? (nightmares)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 17th, 2011, 07:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ugh. Last night I dreamt that at my 12 week appointment (which is Monday even though I'll only be 11w3d), the heartbeat was 45 and the doctor didn't see the baby moving at all. Like, that's all they could tell me. It was awful. I've had plenty of "good" dreams which I always like to take as a good sign of things, but what are the bad dreams supposed to mean then?! I hope it's just represents my overall worry and nothing more!! Ugh. Now I'm very anxious for Monday's appointment!

November 17th, 2011, 07:22 AM
elizabethchallis's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aw I'm sorry for the crummy dreams. I'm sure it's just you releasing your worries. My dreams are just really weird and random, luckily I can't remember most of them.

6 weeks 10 weeks 4 weeks

November 17th, 2011, 07:22 AM
Veteran
I also had a nightmare last night. But this one was a miscarriage dream. I was in the bathroom, and had a gush and everything fell on the floor. It was so awful. No matter how many times I tried to escape the dream I couldn't. Then of course it started flash backs of my miscarriage that happen 11 months ago.

November 17th, 2011, 07:24 AM
mumto6boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had a dream where I told my parents I was pregnant again and they totally flipped out and we fought. It ended in cuss words and tears. Not a bad dream about the baby directly but still upsetting b/c it's probably more a premonition and not just a dream.

November 17th, 2011, 08:19 AM
Preggo Foster Momma!
I've had weird, vivid dreams.
Every night... can't seem to catch a break. Thought about starting a journal.
November 17th, 2011, 08:40 AM
Crystal713's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Crystal713
I had a dream that I had a little girl and she came out black. I am not black and my ex is not black so in the dream I was very confused on how this could have happened! It actually was kinda scary. And weird. But on a good note everyone kept commenting on what a gorgeous little baby I had lol.

But as far as something bad happening to the baby, I have not had any.

November 17th, 2011, 08:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Once, (in a previous pregnancy, not this one) I dreamt that I delivered an adorable fuzzy little baby bear cub - I was terrified to latch him on though...and then, the placenta came out as a neatly shrink wrapped pound of ground beef - priced @ $1.99/lb. Crazy.

Mama to:
Nick, 18
Abby, 16
Gabe, 14
Isaac, 12
Mary-Kate, 11
Sam, 9
Henry, 8
Molly, 7
Mark, 5
Greta, 4
Cecilia,2
Josephine,1
Baby due Jan. 2014
November 17th, 2011, 09:11 AM
mumto6boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyfulChaosMama View Post
Once, (in a previous pregnancy, not this one) I dreamt that I delivered an adorable fuzzy little baby bear cub - I was terrified to latch him on though...and then, the placenta came out as a neatly shrink wrapped pound of ground beef - priced @ $1.99/lb. Crazy.
Sorry, but I literally LOL'd at this one!!!!!

November 17th, 2011, 10:01 AM
KiwiMommy's Avatar Ashlynn's Mama
Yep. I had a dream a few weeks back ( at 4 or 5w) that I delivered the baby, which was a boy, and tried to nurse him.. but he wasn't fully developed and couldn't latch because he was extremely premature..I'm talking what a baby looks like at 20w or less.
Needless to say, I've been a bit paranoid. But there is only one family member that has had a preemie in my family and she went on to have 2 more normal pregnancies after, and her preemie survived. That preemie is now my aunt who has two kids and one grandchild

Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!
November 17th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumto5boys View Post
Sorry, but I literally LOL'd at this one!!!!!

No need to apologize, it's hilarious! BTW, for what it's worth, that kid just turned 11 a few weeks ago. His birth was an uneventful 4 hours of labor that ended with a healthy baby boy (maybe a bit on the big side @ 9.10) and a totally normal placenta.

I also had a weird dream in another pregnancy. I had some bleeding @ 27 weeks, so we had an ultrasound done. We did not want to find out the gender, so we were shown very little. The tech was kind enough to print out a picture for us...of his foot. (this all really happened.)

So, that night I dreamed that I went to the bathroom, only to find a tiny little baby foot in my underpants. I called my midwife and she advised me to put it on a chain and wear it around my neck until the baby was born. I did - and when he was born, we sewed the foot back on. It was a bit small, but we just all assumed it would eventually 'catch up'.

That one too was born healthy and intact.

Yes, I have very bizarre and vivid dreams when I am pregnant! LOL!

Mama to:
Nick, 18
Abby, 16
Gabe, 14
Isaac, 12
Mary-Kate, 11
Sam, 9
Henry, 8
Molly, 7
Mark, 5
Greta, 4
Cecilia,2
Josephine,1
Baby due Jan. 2014
November 17th, 2011, 10:14 AM
MoMMy2*Vicky.Hayd.and.K*'s Avatar Expecting #4 :)
Not specific baby nightmares but other kinds of nightmares and weirdo dreams every night

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my Beautiful Siggy!

:

Expecting #4 Can't believe we caught the first egg! ~.*PiNk Baby Dust ViBeS*.~
November 17th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have very realistic and horrific nightmares... I won't share the details because they are that bad... They usually kick in towards the middle of the second trimester. I have had a few rough ones thus far... It is my least favorite pregnancy related issue...

I hate it so much
November 17th, 2011, 04:42 PM
Ali and Jillybeans mom :)
i have only had one vivid dream about being pregnant and it was that i was having a boy. i wont be finding out what im having but thats my only pregnancy dream. i am however having very vivid crazy dreams almost every night to the point where i wake up covered in sweat.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search