What are you reading?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 17th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What's everyone reading right now?

I just started Cutting for Stone and it's pretty good so far.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

November 17th, 2011, 06:01 PM
PuppyLove22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am not currently reading anything, but I need to start one. I have always loved reading, lately I prefer spiritual books or books on dog behavior/training/psychology stuff. (I am a dog trainer and have a slight obsession lol) I have also been considering Re Reading the Twilight series. It was amazing, and wayyyyy better than the movies. I read the entire series in less than a week, I couldn't put them down. lol I guess I need to just pick on and stick with it, I keep bouncing around, then not fully getting into it. My tivo'd chick shows don't help haha

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my beautiful siggy!!

November 17th, 2011, 06:26 PM
I read the first two books of the twilight series while I was pumping in the middle of the night when my girls were newborns. The Bella character made me so angry that I couldn't read any of the other books. She was so weak and whiny and I just couldn't get past that to the rest of the story.

Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

November 17th, 2011, 06:43 PM
PuppyLove22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
haha really? see in the book I did see her as awkward, but I thought she was portrayed in an awkwardly sexy kind of way. And in the movies, she's just plain annoying. lol I can see what you mean though.

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my beautiful siggy!!

November 17th, 2011, 06:53 PM
Super Mommy
I have Cutting for Stone on the shelf and haven't started it yet - wasn;t sure how much I'd like it. You'll have to let me know what you think when you get further along!

I just finished reading The Forgotten Garden by Kate Horton and I was very pleasantly surprised. I loved it.

My favorite book of all time is The Poisonwood Bible and I have been considering reading it again, but I am not much a of a reading books or watching movies twice person.

November 17th, 2011, 07:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I love the Twilight series, although I'll admit that the second book is definitely my least favorite by far. I've read all the books about a million times, which I know is horribly lame, but I like to read things over and over again.

I just re-read "Wizard's First Rule" and "Confessor", which are the first and last books in Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series.

I guess I am kind of reading a book about toddlers on my Kindle, but I completely forgot about it until now. I have trouble with the Kindle, because I can't read it in the tub, which is where I do most of my reading .
November 17th, 2011, 07:47 PM
Preggo Foster Momma!
House of Night Series.
Couldn't get into twilight.... but I like this series. Easy, relaxing read too.
Just got thr new one.
November 17th, 2011, 07:59 PM
Super Mommy
I just finished A Dance With Dragons this past week of the A Song of Fire and Ice series by George R.R Martin. I absolutely love that series!

I did read twilight, as far as vampire series go it was okay. Has any read the Sookie Stackhouse novels? They are super fun and easy.

oh and Poisonwood Bible is my favorite book to recommendation. Its fantastic.
November 17th, 2011, 08:34 PM
Veteran
I really like books labeled paranormal/urban fantasy. I also LOVE series. Seriously. It's kind of bad. Right now I'm reading the Arcane Society novels (about people who have some kind of paranormal talent). It's pretty decent but I hate how the series isn't in order.

I also picked up a few of Jodi Picoult's novels, I read My Sister's Keeper and Picture Perfect last week and I just picked up The Pact and a couple of others I can't remember the title of. Oh I also read A Quick Bite by Lyndsay Sands today... a quick read, first in a series.

I read A LOT. Several books a week. Once the kid and husband goes to bed I read. I'm on Goodreads if anyone wants to add me. Jaime (sometimesitjustis) (169 books)

Savannah 1/23/09
Lucas 4/27/12
November 18th, 2011, 03:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I hated my sister's keeper. It made me so mad lol... first time in a long time a book got me upset...

I just finished the help. I loved it. Laughed and cried and was just stunned a few times. Good book for sure...

Right now im reading justmommies lol. Seriously I am so exhausted that the moment I look at a book my eyes are shutting. I do want the new Nicolas sparks book... my daughter likes to get me books. For christmas so I will wait for it...
November 18th, 2011, 04:49 AM
Super Mommy
I'm reading Eldest (2nd in the Eragon series) and will be starting the 3rd tonight probably. I want to get A Dance With Dragons and the 4th of the Eragon (called Inheritance). I read anything and everything. I did read the Twilight series and like the 4th book the best.
November 18th, 2011, 05:10 AM
duckies0's Avatar Maggie's Mommy
I have been reading some Nora Roberts lately, but I switched to Breaking Dawn to get ready for the new movie. I can see how many people can't get into it, but I really enjoy reading the series over and over.

November 18th, 2011, 05:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlymom View Post
I have Cutting for Stone on the shelf and haven't started it yet - wasn;t sure how much I'd like it. You'll have to let me know what you think when you get further along!

I just finished reading The Forgotten Garden by Kate Horton and I was very pleasantly surprised. I loved it.

My favorite book of all time is The Poisonwood Bible and I have been considering reading it again, but I am not much a of a reading books or watching movies twice person.
It took me awhile to get into Cutting for Stone. I'm about 100 pages in and it's pretty interesting.

I read The Poisonwood Bible years ago. If I'm remembering right, I loved the first 2/3 of it, but didn't care for the ending much. I love some of Barbara Kingsolvers other books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristyC. View Post
I just finished A Dance With Dragons this past week of the A Song of Fire and Ice series by George R.R Martin. I absolutely love that series!

I did read twilight, as far as vampire series go it was okay. Has any read the Sookie Stackhouse novels? They are super fun and easy.

oh and Poisonwood Bible is my favorite book to recommendation. Its fantastic.
I love A Son of Ice and Fire. It's the best series I've ever read, and re-read and re-read. LOL. I own the first four. I'll wait to buy A Dance with Dragons until I can get it a bit cheaper, mainly because I don't like the characters' storylines that book covers as much as the previous book. I have checked it out from my library twice to read adn then to pick over a little bit to catch some of the details I knew I missed in the first reading....like some of the stuff that happened to the new Reek.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hushaluv View Post
I hated my sister's keeper. It made me so mad lol... first time in a long time a book got me upset...

I just finished the help. I loved it. Laughed and cried and was just stunned a few times. Good book for sure...

Right now im reading justmommies lol. Seriously I am so exhausted that the moment I look at a book my eyes are shutting. I do want the new Nicolas sparks book... my daughter likes to get me books. For christmas so I will wait for it...
I can't get into any of the Jodi Picoulet (sp?) books. They're all so depressing IMO.

The Help is a great book!

365 Days in a Roe

November 18th, 2011, 06:37 AM
Super Mommy
Suprisingly, One Day was really good. I didn't like it at first, it was kind of hard for me to get into. But by the end I felt like I knew the characters. Very good character study book.

November 18th, 2011, 09:08 AM
Amazona's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I´m finishing a novel from a Colombian author (in Spanish).
Not so fond of it but all Isabel Allende´s books were sold out (she´s my favorite author) and she recommended the book in the comments section... meh.

November 18th, 2011, 09:15 AM
Veteran
I loved The Help too... I'm interested to see how the movie does. In general I'm not a fan of making movies from books... something usually gets lost in translation.

I've read the entire In Death series (by JD Robb/Nora Robert)... I really like that series. I think one of my favorite books by Nora Roberts is The Search. I've read a ton of her stuff.

I like Katie MacAllistar... she writes the Aisling Grey Guardian series... her writing is funny and I enjoy reading about dragons for a change.

Savannah 1/23/09
Lucas 4/27/12
November 18th, 2011, 12:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think Jodi Picoult is kind of hit-or-miss. I liked Keeping Faith, House Rules, and Nineteen Minutes, but I wasn't as happy with Handle with Care and The Pact.

I have a collection of Barbara Kingsolver's essays that a teacher gave me as a graduation present my senior year of high school, but I haven't read anything else by her. Maybe I should check The Poisonwood Bible out .
November 18th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I just finished Then Came You by Jennifer Weiner. It's a clever story of 3 very different women connected by fertility/infertility, I really liked it. I like all her books though!

November 18th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMommyDtobe View Post
I just finished Then Came You by Jennifer Weiner. It's a clever story of 3 very different women connected by fertility/infertility, I really liked it. I like all her books though!
Sounds interesting. I know I've read something by her, but not sure what. i'll have to check this out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sometimes View Post
I like Katie MacAllistar... she writes the Aisling Grey Guardian series... her writing is funny and I enjoy reading about dragons for a change.
I'll be checking this one out too. I love all sorts of books.

365 Days in a Roe

November 18th, 2011, 03:31 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMommyDtobe View Post
I like her! I've read Good in Bed, Best Friends Forever and Little Earthquakes. I'll check out Then Came You.

Savannah 1/23/09
Lucas 4/27/12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search