Anyone telling the news on Thanksgiving??

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 18th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I need ideas. We've told everyone except my dad's side of the family so we're gonna tell them on Thanksgiving. Which is good because I'll be exactly 12 weeks on Thanksgiving. Normally I don't even have dinner with them, I go to my mom's side, but it seems like the best time to tell everyone at once and then it can finally be FB public. So...so far my two ideas are either, when we are first there and the subject of drinking wine comes up (everyone knows what a wine snob I am) and if I'm offered some or a glass to pour my own, I could say, "oh, no, I gave up wine" to which I'm sure everyone will completely stop whatever they're doing and stare at me and go WHAT?! and then I'll say, "well just for 9 months..." OR, I fake it through the wine part until dinner and what I could do is fill up two plates and sit down at the table with two plates in front of me and wait for someone to notice and then when someone does say something, I'll say, "well I'm eating for two!"

What do you think? Any other ideas? I have to ask DH too, what he thinks since he knows the family and how they are. I don't expect them to be all super excited. It's definitely NOT the first great-grandchild. There's already 5 of them. LOL

November 18th, 2011, 04:03 PM
cmom3's Avatar Super Mommy
We are telling both our families on Thanksgiving since me and DH go to my first OB appt. on Wednesday. Mine at lunch and DH's at supper. We are going to have my uncle act like he is taking our family picture(my family, sisters family and our parents) and instead of saying on count of 3 say cheese have him say on count of 3 say Joyce is pregnant, and instead of him actually taking a picture I'm gonna have him recording it. Or it either when everyone is ready to take the picture I will act like I'm counting to make sure everyone is there and then add one and say oh wait they won't be here til June. Still unsure how we are going to tell DH's side of family. We've gotta make sure we keep our DD's quiet from lunch til supper when we tell his.
November 18th, 2011, 05:06 PM
Super Mommy
We found out we were expecting right before Canadian thanksgiving, so that's when we told both sets of parents (it's the first grandchild on each side), but my Dad's 50th birthday is next weekend so we're telling the extended family then. We're not doing anything huge (I'm the oldest grandchild at 23, but this will be great grandchild #8 so it's old news to the rest of the family). We're just going to slip dad a "happy birthday grandpa card" and slip in our latest ultrasound photo so that he can announce it (he's quite looking forward to "joining the grandparents club")
November 18th, 2011, 06:09 PM
mumto6boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Those are all cute! I wish I could do something like that and get even a semblance of a positive response! I tried a surprise like that once w/ my family where I gave my mom a frame w/ 4 ultrasound pics and she looked at it and said Oh that's Kylun, That's Jodyce, that's Bubbie, but why are there four? Then she said "Oh No Charity you're not? What are you gonna do?". Talk about burst my balloon!!! For Thanksgiving I'm just going to be trying my best not to look like I'm carrying a turkey and hope to keep it under wraps until after Christmas. Otherwise their ugliness will ruin my holidays!!!

November 18th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Super Mommy
Since pretty much everyone knows except my grandma and aunt, I decided I'm going to put my u/s pics beside their plates and just let them guess who is pregnant. They don't know that my nephew's fiancee had her tubes tied, and it could also be my niece.
November 18th, 2011, 07:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I love the picture/video idea because then you can capture everyone's reaction and it would be such a neat keepsake. But my family never takes large group pictures like that. I know my cousin will be snapping pictures constantly, but it's always of her and another person LOL

November 19th, 2011, 02:45 PM
SuperMartianRobotMom6's Avatar Proud Mama & Happy Wife
Thats when Im announcing it to my moms side of the family..

However Im pretty sure everyone knows! lol

November 19th, 2011, 04:29 PM
MoMMy2*Vicky.Hayd.and.K*'s Avatar Expecting #4 :)
I'm telling my family next weekend! But I had my thanksgiving already! (Canadian) we're telling hubby's family tomorrow only because I need his mom to reserve Tuesday to babysit Victoria for my appt! It's late afternoon and also it'll take me awhile in traffic to get home so I don't wanna start her in daycare for a full day yet!! She'll be starting a few hrs in the am the day after my appt hopefully ifi get all her clothes labelled!!! Ahhh

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my Beautiful Siggy!

:

Expecting #4 Can't believe we caught the first egg! ~.*PiNk Baby Dust ViBeS*.~
November 20th, 2011, 10:19 AM
Ali and Jillybeans mom :)
me and my hubby are telling my family on thanksgiving. we got our 5 year old daughter a shirt that says "hey everyone this little turkey has something to say" and on the back "im gonna be a big sister". my husband always calls her a turkey so it was perfect. we told his family the other day and they were all so happy so i cant wait to tell my family.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search