Gag Reflex

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 19th, 2011, 01:26 PM
Blue_Jar_Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Are you noticing you gag a lot more? I don't mean when brushing your teeth, I think that is a challenge for most pregnant women. I mean just at random.

I have a pretty strong stomach. I have gutted chickens before, cleaned up body fluids from other people (my kids) and never think twice. But I can't even THINK about certain foods, regular food that have never made me sick, without gagging. I can't cough, or clear my throat or of course brush my teeth or tongue. I can't smell certain things (my toddler when he needs a diaper change) or I will just gag and dry heave the whole time.

What the heck? I have never experienced anything this bad. Sometimes when I first wake up, I can't even talk because I feel like there is a lump in my throat and when I talk I gag which might make me sick, so I just use hand signals the first 10-15mins I'm up.

I hope this goes away soon!
Boy (5)
Boy (2.5)
Girl (12.24.14)
Unplanned home birth on Christmas Eve 2014
Delivered by her daddy

November 19th, 2011, 01:33 PM
Crystal713's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Crystal713
I also have a strong stomach but literally everything makes me gag now. I seem to be able to smell everything! And that is not always a good thing. My stomach is so weak now, and I lose my appetite really quick.

November 19th, 2011, 01:56 PM
KiwiMommy's Avatar Ashlynn's Mama
I have things I can't even THINK about.
Certain smells, certain textures (even on the bottom of my shoes when I'm wearing them), and certain sights.
I had it with DD. It's not nausea, just gagging and it's really frustrating.
But I totally know what you mean!

Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!
November 19th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I gag all the freakin' time now!!! I gag if I'm too hungry, or too full, or too cold, or if I smell something, or see something, or think about something. It's BAD!!! I don't remember being so gaggy with my first two. But I threw up several times a day every day with them, and I've only thrown up three times this time around. But yeah...nauseous and gaggy all the time!

November 19th, 2011, 03:43 PM
SuperMartianRobotMom6's Avatar Proud Mama & Happy Wife
OMG me too!
Im having a problem with my prenatals!

November 19th, 2011, 05:26 PM
MoMMy2*Vicky.Hayd.and.K*'s Avatar Expecting #4 :)
YES!!! I have a very strong stomach but when preggoi gag like crazy! I gag even at my kids puree food! Lol like WTH I love the food she eats but pursed for some reason is making me queezy

November 19th, 2011, 06:05 PM
mumto6boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I gagged at the smell of fresh baked chocolate chip cookies the other day and had to hold my breath the whole way through the bakery section of the grocery store!!!!! It may have been a pile of rotten meat the way it had me wanting to hurl!!! Of all the things! This has NEVER happened to me like that not from a sweet smell like that. I wanted to cry!

November 19th, 2011, 09:40 PM
Regular
I noticed the same thing. My MS is finally starting to where off but if I gag I can't control my stomach and I'll throw up, if I brush my tongue or sometimes cough if there's phlem in my throat. I've done a good job not throwing up from MS I just use mind over matter, Zofran and eat a little something but when I gag, there's no stopping! haha I can't stand certain smells I too have to plug my nose a lot. I hope it doesn't last the whole pregnancy! :0

November 20th, 2011, 06:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Ana*Addey*OliveMommy
Yes I am gagging at lots of things! It makes life really hard right now!!

Do not mention on FB
November 20th, 2011, 08:05 PM
PuppyLove22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yah I gag a lot too. Less over smells now, but this morning I coughed, which made me gag then dry heaved for a good five minutes. I hate it!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my beautiful siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search