BDTD Moms Question: OB Appointments and Other Kids

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 19th, 2011, 06:58 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For those of you with kids, what do you do with them during your OB appointments? After Xmas, I'll no longer have my sister in town She scheduled most of her current OB appointments while her kids (3 and 5) are in school, but I've watched them for a few appointments. I was going to have her watch my kids, but she just found out that her family will be moving.

I have no idea what I'll do with my kids during appointments. My good friend just moved about 30 minutes away and I don't want to rely on neighbors who have kids in school during the day. I can't get sitters if my appointments are during regular school hours.

I'm sure my parents will be more than willing to help, but they also live about 75-90 minutes away and I don't think it's fair to always ask them to come up, especially toward the end when I have more appointments.

What does everyone else with young kids do with their kids during OB appointments? I guess I could have DH take time off work and watch them, but I'm sure he'll want to come to at least the u/s appointments with me.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

November 19th, 2011, 07:03 PM
wavrunnr's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My 4 yr old is usually at school, but my 2 yr old usually goes with me. Normal OB appts aren't that big of a deal (pee in a cup, bp, some questions, hear hb, done) so I usually take books/stickers/etc for her. I'll have both of them for my NT scan next week (unavoidable) and I'm taking our portable movie player for them to sit and watch while the scan is going on. They'll be oblivious because it's such a treat to watch a movie.

Mommy to 2 miracle IVF daughters and a miracle baby boy conceived without any medical assistance!!!!
November 19th, 2011, 07:07 PM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
Mine go to school thank God, but in case of an emergency I have my sister. She lives 2 miles away from me.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
November 19th, 2011, 07:21 PM
LIZZYI's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will be having my appts at night so DH can watch them and for u/s appts our parents are available. when I went to the doc the other night everyone had their kids with them. I felt like i was at the pediatrician

November 19th, 2011, 07:26 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My OB doesn't have night hours. I wish they did. I think A&E will end up going with me for some appointments. I asked the office about them coming with me to my appointment on Wednesday and the woman on the phone said they don't have a baby sitting agency there I was thinking it'd be one of the simple BP, weight etc. type appointments, but apparently they'll be doing a pap and some other stuff. I don't need 2 rambunctious 2 year olds with me for that one.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

November 19th, 2011, 07:56 PM
KiwiMommy's Avatar Ashlynn's Mama
I didn't even think about that. YIKES! Once we move, we won't really be around many people. I may have my great aunt or mom watch DD, but I actually haven't thought that far ahead.. Oops.
If I have to, she'll come with me.

Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!
November 19th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Crystal713's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Crystal713
My sister watches them for me and I am so grateful!! Dont know what I would do without her. My oldest is in school so she just has my 2 little ones. There is no way I would even bring my 3 year old much less my 10 month old.

November 19th, 2011, 08:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I've been scheduling my appts on tues or thurs while DS1 is in school. And I just take DS2 with me. He's pretty easy going and is used to running errands with me. And when the appts get more involved, hopefully DH will be available or I have a couple of friends who would watch my boys if need be.

Mommy to Keagan - June 2008, Benny - October 2010 and Liam - June 2012
November 19th, 2011, 09:41 PM
Veteran
My mom usually watches her for my appointments but I asked my doctor in case my mom couldn't watch her if I could bring her... she said yes, please bring her! They are very family friendly which is nice.

Savannah 1/23/09
Lucas 4/27/12
November 19th, 2011, 10:12 PM
gingerrae's Avatar Veteran
I take mine with me too. The only appointments I don't bring them is the first and the ones I want the midwife to check me internally, which is only when I want them too. I feel I don't need to field those kind of questions with my boys. If I can't find a sitter, then DH will just take them to the waiting room for that procedure. I know my boys LOVE seeing and hearing the baby.
November 20th, 2011, 12:43 AM
RachaelDMommaTo3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to RachaelDMommaTo3 Send a message via Yahoo to RachaelDMommaTo3
My oldest is in school now, but Rylan comes with me. DH goes to all my appts so it works out fine. When I was pregnant with Rylan, Jacob came to all my appts too, DH just stays in the waiting room with them. If I have an u/s they all come in the room.

November 20th, 2011, 05:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Ana*Addey*OliveMommy
Mine come with us! For my big u/s we have a college student we will ask to watch them other wise they will come with. My midwife delivered the girls so she LOVES to have them come with to see them. I am more worried about what we are going to do with them when I deliver baby!

Do not mention on FB
November 20th, 2011, 08:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
DH either watches her at home, at his work, or at the appt. For the big u/s, she will come with both of us!
November 20th, 2011, 08:47 AM
MoMMy2*Vicky.Hayd.and.K*'s Avatar Expecting #4 :)
My first one on Monday... My MIL will babysit for the others I'll be back at work and my appt are at my work and Victoria will be in daycare at the time

November 20th, 2011, 10:02 AM
mumto6boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My older ones are at school but my youngest 2 come with me and if they do a pelvic then he steps out w/ them.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search