Where You Going? What are You Bringing?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 20th, 2011, 06:22 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Are you going anywhere this week for Thanksgiving?
What are you bringing?...if it's at your house, what are you making?

(and yes, I know this only applies to the American JM women this week. if you already celebrated Thanksgiving you can tell us where you went and what you brought)

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

November 20th, 2011, 06:27 PM
Super Mommy
For Canadian Thanksgiving I actually hosted dinner at our apartment for both immediate families (13 people). We did the full-out turkey dinner with all the trimmings. I was supposed to cook it, but the morning sickness hit two days before and I was pretty useless. Fortunately, my parents (who live 4 hours away) came down to stay and took care of all the cooking for me.

This weekend we're heading to my parents place for my dad's birthday - I think it's going to be an appetizer type thing, but I"m not sure - I'm not in charge of food - just of getting everyone there (DH, Sister, and sister's SO).
November 20th, 2011, 06:33 PM
Crystal713's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Crystal713
Not going anywhere, not making anything. I dont have much family anymore since both my parents passed away last year. All 3 of my sisters are going to their in-laws houses so Im just going to be at home. No sense in making a turkey dinner for just me and the kids wouldnt touch it anyway lol.

November 20th, 2011, 06:45 PM
wavrunnr's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanksgiving is at my house this year -- first time!! 10 adults, 3 kiddos

I'm making: turkey, broccoli casserole, green beans, pumpkin pie, baked chocolate pudding, rolls, cranberry sauce, fruit salad

My mom is bringing her famous dressing, sweet potato casserole, and gravy

My sister is bringing deviled eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal713 View Post
Not going anywhere, not making anything. I dont have much family anymore since both my parents passed away last year. All 3 of my sisters are going to their in-laws houses so Im just going to be at home. No sense in making a turkey dinner for just me and the kids wouldnt touch it anyway lol.
So sorry to hear about your parents. Hugs!!

Mommy to 2 miracle IVF daughters and a miracle baby boy conceived without any medical assistance!!!!
November 20th, 2011, 06:49 PM
cmom3's Avatar Super Mommy
We are going to my Uncles house that is about a hour away for lunch. There is always sooo much food!! But tonight was the first night I cooked a Loaded Hash Brown Casserole for our Thanksgiving dinner at church and everyone loved it so I'm gonna make that again Thursday.

For supper we are going to my DH's grandparents and all his family.

This is when we are making our big announcement about our little jitterbug.
November 20th, 2011, 06:53 PM
Super Mommy
We have both sides to visit on thanksgiving day, so it's going to be a busy day!
We have lunch at my In-laws and then dinner at my parents. I plan on making pumpkin bars for my parents house. Dinner at my parents is actually more of a party, there will be a traditional dinner but then family friends are coming over for cards, games and drinks. It's actually one of my favorite holidays. I'm so looking forward to it.
November 20th, 2011, 07:16 PM
kchav314's Avatar Super Mommy
Going to my mom's across town. I don't actually bring anything, but I go early to help her prepare everything. So excited!

November 20th, 2011, 07:38 PM
WoahMama83's Avatar Veteran
We will be going to the in-laws for lunch and then to my moms for dinner. I'm not bringing anything to the in-laws but it's a requirement to bring something to my moms so I'm making green beans and rolls.

Thank you Babydoll213 for my wonderful siggy!

That's me ~~~>Facebook-Heather
November 20th, 2011, 09:07 PM
Blue_Jar_Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just cook here for us, just my husband and kids. My mom is off busy with her new boyfriend and my inlaws would insist on bringing my sociopath bipolar sister in law who would surely ruin the day. So, we don't invite them.

Since I'm the only one cooking I just make it all. lol Turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, corn, macaroni, broccoli casserole, rolls, deviled eggs, green beans, stuffing and apple pie.

Girl (12), Boy (9), Boy (4), Boy (2)
Expecting Baby #5 Christmas Eve 2014 TEAM PINK!!

~Audrey Elizabeth~

November 20th, 2011, 09:24 PM
Veteran
We're traveling to my SIL's (6 hours away) Wednesday after DH gets off work... we aren't really bringing anything. I am going to make some pretzel/hug/m&m things and DH will make a apple pear pie when we get there.

Savannah 1/23/09
Lucas 4/27/12
November 20th, 2011, 10:41 PM
JessicaW's Avatar Super Mommy
We're going home to my parents'. Mom makes a great turkey so it should be yummy and hopefully I'll feel like eating it (m/s!). We thought about bringing a pie but I'm not sure that will happen. I get grossed out just being in the grocery store let alone cooking!

TTC#2:
May-June 2013: Follistim + IUI = overstimulated, cycle cancelled
July 2013: Follistim + IUI = m/c at 4.5 weeks
August-Sept 2013: BCPs then IVF = freeze-all due to OHSS risk
October 2013: Natural cycle = BFN
November 6, 2013: Day 1 !!!!
November 24, 2013: Transferred one thawed euploid male embryo
November 29, 2013: BFP!
August 12, 2014: Cautiously hoping for this due date

November 21st, 2011, 12:13 AM
RachaelDMommaTo3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to RachaelDMommaTo3 Send a message via Yahoo to RachaelDMommaTo3
We'll be at home.. I think we have a few friends coming over. I'm doing all the cooking. Turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, stuffing, broccoli casserole, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, rolls, deviled eggs, and pies. I'm gonna be a busy lady! I got tired just typing that list! lol

November 21st, 2011, 12:19 AM
Preggo Foster Momma!
I didn't want to cook, so we invited my dad out to thanksgiivng dinner at a really nice restuarant. We had done it a few years ago. It's great
I'll go see everyone on christmas. That's enough for me.

Last edited by Zoii; November 21st, 2011 at 12:22 AM.
November 21st, 2011, 06:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Ana*Addey*OliveMommy
My parents are coming up to my area and they are bringing my nephew with. We will go out to somewhere. I haven't picked where yet. My mom is highly allergic to cats so can't be at our house and not bring food to a hotel. Plus I don't cook all that stuff so its just easier to go out. We have done this for a few years now just less of a headache.

Do not mention on FB
November 21st, 2011, 06:29 AM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like there are some great meals being cooked.

We're going to my sister's house, only a couple miles away. It's our last holiday there before she moves to boston. I'm bringing a pecan torte, pumpkin pie and brussels sprouts. My mom is making egg nog, mashed potatoes, shrimp, and green bean casserole from scratch (so much better than the stuff made from gross canned soup), and a salted caramel apple pie. My sister is making turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes and a bunch of appetizers. I know my little brother is bringing some stuff too, but I'm not sure what. There will be others there too, but the 4 of us are taking care of the meal.

I picked things I could make a head and not have to smell right before we eat. Cooking something and then eating it is still way too hard for me right now.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

November 21st, 2011, 06:58 AM
Super Mommy
Having dinner here at my house, and not making anything unless I break down and make the spinach dip I'm craving. Everyone else is cooking.
November 21st, 2011, 07:08 AM
elizabethchallis's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
alton brown made home made green bean casserole last night on food network mmm it looked good! i'm so lucky my mom makes everything and I get a week of left overs. she needs to teach me all her secret recipes

6 weeks 10 weeks 4 weeks

November 21st, 2011, 07:22 AM
Veteran
We're having about 20 friends and friends of our older kids over. Since we're all over here without our extended family it's a lot of fun to get together. We're having turkey, corn bread dressing, green beans, corn casserole, sweet potatoes, pumpkin pie, and chocolate pie. We're also have mac and cheese and cranberries that I brought back in my suitcase this summer and put up for Thanksgiving. We're having it on Friday because we have NFL Sunday ticket and since we're 14 hours ahead we're waiting to watch the games.

November 21st, 2011, 07:50 AM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
We are going over to my sister's house. I am used to cooking though, but all I am making this year is my homemade yeast rolls, an apple pie, a pumpkin pie, and maybe another dessert, but I am not sure yet. I hare not being that involved because I LOVE to cook.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
November 21st, 2011, 11:24 AM
PuppyLove22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are going to my parents house this year. I can't wait, everything is made from scratch and its absolutely amazing! I am not making anything lol but I will probably bring a pie or some kind of dessert.

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my beautiful siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search