Had first appointment-confused?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 21st, 2011, 08:06 AM
Crystal713's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Crystal713
And I didnt realize it was just an appointment with the nurses to do paperwork! So I shaved for nothin lol.

But anyway the nurse said something that really confused me. She said I am 12 weeks and 2 days and my due date is June 4th. Am I just having preggo brain or does that not add up right?

I think if Im 12w 2d then my due date would be June 2nd. And if I am due June 4th then I should be 12 weeks today?

Not that it really matters Im just curious, and confused!

Oh and my next appt is next Tuesday and she said I will get an ultrasound, wooo!

November 21st, 2011, 08:10 AM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
Yeah I'd be confused too. Usually they do all that and a cervical check and what not. I am surprised they did not do that too.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
November 21st, 2011, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindseyE117 View Post
Yeah I'd be confused too. Usually they do all that and a cervical check and what not. I am surprised they did not do that too.

I guess the doctor is going to do all that next Tuesday and an ultrasound. She told me my due date based on my LMP but it doesnt add up to me.

November 21st, 2011, 08:23 AM
RachaelDMommaTo3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to RachaelDMommaTo3 Send a message via Yahoo to RachaelDMommaTo3
I really don't think due dates by LMP are accurate at all.. if I went by my LMP I would be due May 4th.. lol.

It made me giggle that you said you shaved for nothing.. I was getting a shower today and was like "hmm.. should I shave?? nah.. I have an appt Wednesday, I'll do it Tuesday night." My poor DH!

November 21st, 2011, 08:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My doc goes by the LMP date until the u/s, then if the u/s is more than 4 days off, which mine was (I told them it would be), then they look at changing it. I am not sure about your dates, I can't do math right now - lol! I would wait until the u/s and then see what they say, but you are in the home stretch out of the 1st trimester - yippee

I am the same way about shaving, I shaved once before an appt and was disappointed that they didn't do an exam...haha!!

November 21st, 2011, 11:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Haha, the shaving thing is funny.

Next year is a leap year, so if she was using the non-leap-year spin dial thing to figure out where you are, maybe that's why? Or maybe she just goofed... my nurse said to me, "Okay, so you're 8 weeks!" and I was like, "No, I'm 8 weeks and 4 days!" and she said, "Yeah, that's what I meant..." (I think she was mentally rolling her eyes at me).
November 21st, 2011, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lnj5duke View Post
Haha, the shaving thing is funny.

Next year is a leap year, so if she was using the non-leap-year spin dial thing to figure out where you are, maybe that's why? Or maybe she just goofed... my nurse said to me, "Okay, so you're 8 weeks!" and I was like, "No, I'm 8 weeks and 4 days!" and she said, "Yeah, that's what I meant..." (I think she was mentally rolling her eyes at me).

Haha it was the opposite for me! She asked me how far along I am and I said 12 weeks and she said, yes well 12 weeks and 2 days exactly. I guess she wanted me to be more specific! Still doesnt make sense they moved my due date back and day and said Im a day further. It doesnt really matter much to me but I am going to schedule my 14 week 3D in a couple weeks and I kinda need to know how far I am so that I dont go even a day early. They wont even attempt gender until exactly 14 weeks!

November 21st, 2011, 11:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
HAHA I shaved last night for my appointment today and I never had to take my pants off! LOL She didn't do an exam, just u/s and doppler.
I don't get the math either, it always confuses me and I've been given 3 different dates from the doctors so I'm just sticking with the original one based on my O date. The baby measured only 2 days off.

November 21st, 2011, 02:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Ana*Addey*OliveMommy
Weird. Mine is kind of the same. m/w tells me I was 9w 5d but due June 18 which when I looked 9w 5d Friday made me due June 17. Baby will be late anyways so I don't really care but yeah I would be confused too.

Do not mention on FB
November 21st, 2011, 04:44 PM
MoMMy2*Vicky.Hayd.and.K*'s Avatar Expecting #4 :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob&RylansMomma View Post
I really don't think due dates by LMP are accurate at all.. if I went by my LMP I would be due May 4th.. lol.

It made me giggle that you said you shaved for nothing.. I was getting a shower today and was like "hmm.. should I shave?? nah.. I have an appt Wednesday, I'll do it Tuesday night." My poor DH!
i agree! according to my LMP i'd be due May 31st. i'm going by my O date since i charted which puts me at 11 weeks tomorrow! i guess we'll see since i have my first appt!

but even with ur LMP u should be due June 2nd like u thought! but 2 days isnt a big difference! i would think U/S measurements are more accurate?

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my Beautiful Siggy!

:

Expecting #4 Can't believe we caught the first egg! ~.*PiNk Baby Dust ViBeS*.~
November 21st, 2011, 05:09 PM
BlessedMommyx's Avatar Stephanie
My first appointment I had a Pap Smear and a vaginal ultra sound.

My due date according to my LMP was June 23

But once the ultra sound was done it changed to June 21. Not a big difference but once your OB does an ultrasound you will have a more accurate due date

November 21st, 2011, 05:16 PM
Blue_Jar_Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think it depends on whether their chart has your cycle as 29 days or 30, or even 31. If you say you are "normal" they usually do 30 days. I'm a 29day girl, so I have to always correct them when they say June 12, I'm due June 11 because I'm POSITIVE of my LMP, as well as the day I ovulated.

Girl (12), Boy (9), Boy (4), Boy (2)
Expecting Baby #5 Christmas Eve 2014 TEAM PINK!!

~Audrey Elizabeth~

November 21st, 2011, 06:58 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I'm 12 weeks today and due June 4th...?

Maybe leap year is throwing off her thing?

November 21st, 2011, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJD3Tdance View Post
I'm 12 weeks today and due June 4th...?

Maybe leap year is throwing off her thing?

See! Im not crazy! Yeah maybe it is leap year throwing it off. Im just going to keep going by June 3d since its right in between. And I will just make my 3D at 14 weeks and 2 days just to be sure!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search