Name you love but could never use

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 21st, 2011, 08:54 AM
Super Mommy
Is there a baby name you love but can't use for some reason?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We love the name Arden for a boy. Its a family name on DH's side. We can't use it because DD's name is Eden and we are worried they are too similar. I hope one of DH's siblings use it when they start to have kids.
November 21st, 2011, 09:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yup, we love the name Kennedy, but DD is already Reagan, so I can't have two president names, especially because we didn't actually name Reagan after Pres Reagan...lol! I also love the name Carter, but we may end up using that one anyways It's my mom's name, so it would make a little more sense than Kennedy!

I also love Kieran, but my sister used that for her DD right before I found out I was having a girl...she didn't know I liked it. I also love her other DD's name, Mason, but she asked me first because she knew I liked it. We would have used that for a boy and we already pretty much have the boy name picked out.

November 21st, 2011, 09:15 AM
RachaelDMommaTo3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to RachaelDMommaTo3 Send a message via Yahoo to RachaelDMommaTo3
I love the name Delaney.. but when paired with my last name it sounds like a stripper.. lol

November 21st, 2011, 09:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob&RylansMomma View Post
I love the name Delaney.. but when paired with my last name it sounds like a stripper.. lol
LOL! I love that name too and would call her Laney, but my other niece is Elaine and goes by Lainey, so that one is out for us too! Plus, DH wasn't too keen on that name for some reason.

November 21st, 2011, 09:25 AM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We love Talia, but think it's too close to Arya. Tenley, but it's too close to Eiley. We also love Michael, but it's too common, we don't like Mike and Michael is horrible with DH's last name. The poor kid would be made fun of constantly. We also like Samara for a girl, but E's middle name is Samanna, so that's too close for us.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

November 21st, 2011, 09:30 AM
Blue_Jar_Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love the name Xander for a boy, but my dh's best friend has a little boy with that name. It would be awkward.

The same with Sophia. One of my close highschool friends, and my best friend both have a girl named Sophia so I could never use that.

Girl (12), Boy (9), Boy (4), Boy (2)
Expecting Baby #5 Christmas Eve 2014 TEAM PINK!!

~Audrey Elizabeth~

November 21st, 2011, 09:31 AM
Cartersmommy08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by humnck View Post
Yup, we love the name Kennedy, but DD is already Reagan, so I can't have two president names, especially because we didn't actually name Reagan after Pres Reagan...lol! I also love the name Carter, but we may end up using that one anyways It's my mom's name, so it would make a little more sense than Kennedy!

I also love Kieran, but my sister used that for her DD right before I found out I was having a girl...she didn't know I liked it. I also love her other DD's name, Mason, but she asked me first because she knew I liked it. We would have used that for a boy and we already pretty much have the boy name picked out.
Same here! DS is Carter but I really love Reagan/Kennedy for a girl! LOL I thought it would be super corny to have a presidential theme. Carter was not named after the president but I'm sure if I have a daughter named Reagan most people would assume that was why.

I also love the name Madelyn but a girlfriend of mine just named her daughter that so it's now out of the question
November 21st, 2011, 09:41 AM
Crystal713's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Crystal713
Still debating but Levi. Because I have an Eli. And I want so badly to name this baby Levi but Im afraid it is just too similar.

November 21st, 2011, 09:46 AM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
I love the name Stark. DH and I are HUGE comic book geeks, so a lot of the stuff I like is because of that. Lol. My son said if we name him Stark, his nick name could be Ironman. Lol!!!

I also like Logan, Ororo, and Jean because of it. Can you guess which comic is my favorite?? Lol.

Anyway, my hubby nixed all those ideas from the get go.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
November 21st, 2011, 09:52 AM
PuppyLove22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Maddox- but I won't use it because everyone would attribute it to the Jolie-pitts & because it would't go with our last name. But I do love it!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my beautiful siggy!!

November 21st, 2011, 09:59 AM
wavrunnr's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Rhett, Reid, Avery, Hollis do not go with our last name

Everett (love!!!), Kevin, Megan -- too close or rhymes with DD1's name

Finn/Finley - rhymes with DD2's name

Names that I like and COULD use but DH hates them: Cord, Levi, Corbin, Cason, and Jensen (girl).

Ugh!!!

Mommy to 2 miracle IVF daughters and a miracle baby boy conceived without any medical assistance!!!!
November 21st, 2011, 10:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
In the way of presidential names...I have a friend that has a George and an Abraham. (Abe) I really like Abraham - but we have a Gabe, so Abe and Gabe - nah.

I also really like Elsa, but my daughter says it makes her want to vomit...:/ Opinionated thing, she is. Isiah, but we have an Isaac.

Though we have Nicholas, we are considering Dominic for a boy. (Do you think it's too much Nick/Nic?)

Mama to:
Nick, 18
Abby, 16
Gabe, 14
Isaac, 12
Mary-Kate, 11
Sam, 9
Henry, 8
Molly, 7
Mark, 5
Greta, 4
Cecilia,2
Josephine,1
Baby due Jan. 2014
November 21st, 2011, 10:25 AM
Amazona's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob&RylansMomma View Post
Haha, I had to go to Fb because I had a mental block and couldn´t remember your last name!

It would be a little hard to pronounce it all

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyfulChaosMama View Post
In the way of presidential names...I have a friend that has a George and an Abraham. (Abe) I really like Abraham - but we have a Gabe, so Abe and Gabe - nah.

I also really like Elsa, but my daughter says it makes her want to vomit...:/ Opinionated thing, she is. Isiah, but we have an Isaac.

Though we have Nicholas, we are considering Dominic for a boy. (Do you think it's too much Nick/Nic?)
Lol
Elsa was my great-grandma´s name but in our culture (I´m from Argentina) it´s an "old people´s name"

As for us, I always loved the name Sophie but my dad went and named my youngest sister (who is now 7) Sofia
So I can´t use it.
I would use "Anne-Sophie" but there was a recent criminal case here where the father stabbed to death his 2 kids (5 and 3 years old) and the little girl was named "Anne-Sophie". Now it´s all I can think of when I hear that name

November 21st, 2011, 10:30 AM
RachaelDMommaTo3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to RachaelDMommaTo3 Send a message via Yahoo to RachaelDMommaTo3
Quote:

I love Abraham and Elsa!! Abe and Gabe would get confusing though! lol

November 21st, 2011, 10:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I really love the name Madeline. But, my SIL's name is Madison and everyone calls her Maddie, which we would probably end up using as well. I also really love Isaac, but I have a cousin and DH's cousin named her DS that.
Not to mention the million boys names that I like that DH doesn't.

Mommy to Keagan - June 2008, Benny - October 2010 and Liam - June 2012
November 21st, 2011, 10:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Could you call him Dom instead of Nic?

November 21st, 2011, 10:50 AM
Super Mommy
I love Micah for a girl or a boy - DH HATES it for a girl...and our last name is McCaffrey so it doesn't really sound great anyway, also the FIL's name is Michael...and DH (who doesn't get along with FIL) thinks it sounds too similar...

I also love the name Aspen, but it's only because it was my best friend's name and she died suddenly two years ago...I'd never use it as a first name, but we're considering using it as a middle name for a girl...have to clear it with her family first though and I haven't worked up the courage yet...
November 21st, 2011, 11:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by first.time.mum View Post
I also love the name Aspen, but it's only because it was my best friend's name and she died suddenly two years ago...I'd never use it as a first name, but we're considering using it as a middle name for a girl...have to clear it with her family first though and I haven't worked up the courage yet...
Cute name, that would be a great tribute to her, I am sorry for your loss, btw! I bet her family would be honored!!

November 21st, 2011, 07:06 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Aeris, my best friend wants to use it.

November 21st, 2011, 10:13 PM
E + J + A = My Heart
I absolutely LOVE the name Benjamin!!! However, our last name is Franks, and my DH says that Benjamin Franks or Ben Franks is just too close to Benjamin Franklin for us to use. He's right, but I still love the name.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search