Reality check....need a bigger vehicle!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 21st, 2011, 09:36 AM
mumto6boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We had planned on getting another car around February anyway, but I just realized we will need a vehicle that seats 8!!!! We have a Honda Odyssey right now but it only seats 7. Any suggestions? I really don't want to buy a bus...lol.

November 21st, 2011, 09:53 AM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
Don't they have the option of putting a bench seat in the middle of the odyssey? I know that they do sell some mini vans that seat 8. We so far need to get a new car, but ours seat 5, and we cannot justify another car payment when both of our vehicles are paid off. Probably in another year we'll get a car with a 3rd row or a mini van.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
November 21st, 2011, 09:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We only have two seats left in our 15 passenger!

Mama to:
Nick, 18
Abby, 16
Gabe, 14
Isaac, 12
Mary-Kate, 11
Sam, 9
Henry, 8
Molly, 7
Mark, 5
Greta, 4
Cecilia,2
Josephine,1
Baby due Jan. 2014
November 21st, 2011, 10:00 AM
I know the newer model odyssey's do but I don't think the older ones do and if so it's only a 3/4 bench seat that still only seats 2 comfortably. I'm really hoping to get a Honda Pilot or GMC Acadia but used of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyfulChaosMama View Post
We only have two seats left in our 15 passenger!
Figured that's what you had...lol. Not quite ready for one of those yet!

November 21st, 2011, 10:02 AM
wavrunnr's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
we're in the same boat....we're looking around now for an Odyssey

Mommy to 2 miracle IVF daughters and a miracle baby boy conceived without any medical assistance!!!!
November 21st, 2011, 10:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We bought it when I was pg with our 5th - we really needed a new vehicle and didn't want to have to turn around and purchase another new one a few years later. I never regretted having that much room, even when it was just the 5 kids - it made traveling so easy, we had great space for groceries, and we could always have other people ride with us!

Mama to:
Nick, 18
Abby, 16
Gabe, 14
Isaac, 12
Mary-Kate, 11
Sam, 9
Henry, 8
Molly, 7
Mark, 5
Greta, 4
Cecilia,2
Josephine,1
Baby due Jan. 2014
November 21st, 2011, 10:29 AM
Amazona's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would suggest making your oldest drive the youngest around in another car behind you but I think that might not be legal yet
J/k

Good luck ladies!
People laugh at us for having a Grand Caravan with just one kid but I swear the space is really useful... especially when we get family over, so we don´t have to run around the city in two cars
But that´s only 7 seats too...

November 21st, 2011, 10:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yep, I need a bigger car too. Right now I have a mazda5 and while it seats 6, I cannot fit a double stroller in there if the 3rd row is up. So, we'll be getting a real minivan (not like my kind of minivan that I have now, lol) in a few months, probably. A good friend of mine has a VW minivan and I love it. That's what I'm leaning towards right now. I've also heard good things about the odyssey and sienna, so we'll be checking those out as well.

Mommy to Keagan - June 2008, Benny - October 2010 and Liam - June 2012
November 21st, 2011, 10:42 AM
lromkee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Technically we are okay with our corolla and Xterra since my SD will be 18, and graduated from high school, when this baby comes. However, it will be a very tight fit. Both cars are paid off and I'd rather not have a car payment.

November 21st, 2011, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazona View Post
I would suggest making your oldest drive the youngest around in another car behind you but I think that might not be legal yet
J/k

Good luck ladies!
People laugh at us for having a Grand Caravan with just one kid but I swear the space is really useful... especially when we get family over, so we don´t have to run around the city in two cars
But that´s only 7 seats too...
actually by the time the baby gets here he will be old enough to drive! Oh God help me!! That's the reason we were already planning to get another vehicle after the new yr anyway b/c we plan to let him drive Dh's Sonoma back and forth to school (and hopefully work?!?!) once he gets his license which will be in April when he turns 16.

November 21st, 2011, 01:21 PM
LIZZYI's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I drive a corolla and with #3 on the way we will definitely need a new car!! I think we are going to look at the Sienna.

November 21st, 2011, 01:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Ana*Addey*OliveMommy
We just upgraded to a mini van from my SUV. I still miss my SUV! I like the room in the van but really miss the SUV.

Do not mention on FB
November 21st, 2011, 01:57 PM
gingerrae's Avatar Veteran
We have a Honda Oddessy and we love it. We briefly thought of getting a 15 passenger van now so that we didn't have to think about it later but we decided we are ok for now but any more kids and we will have to upgrade. DH has a large family and we frequently take people with us places after this one we are down to 1 seat.
November 21st, 2011, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerrae View Post
We have a Honda Oddessy and we love it. We briefly thought of getting a 15 passenger van now so that we didn't have to think about it later but we decided we are ok for now but any more kids and we will have to upgrade. DH has a large family and we frequently take people with us places after this one we are down to 1 seat.
All the seats are taken in my Odyssey!! Mine only seats 7 b/c it has two buckets in the first row passenger seats w/ only the option to put the two seats together but it still only seats two people. The newer Odyssey's come w/ a little jump seat that can be placed between to add up to seating 8, but mine doesn't have that option. our only choice is another vehicle and although I like my Odyssey I really don't want another mini-van. If I can find one for the right price I really want a Pilot!! My Mom has one and it fits all my kids easily and has room left for one more and plenty of room in the back for groceries. Drives like a dream too! They are really expensive, but good on gas. Give and take I guess.

November 21st, 2011, 04:25 PM
Veteran
My suggestion is a Suburban. When we were still in the states that's what we had. We had 5 kids then and it fit all the car seats and big kids comfortably and I still had a ton of room in the back for groceries and all the other junk. I just realized now we'll be up to 7 kids which means 9 people and when we go back for visit we don't fit in that anymore. I guess we'll just have to strap a few on top

November 21st, 2011, 04:40 PM
MoMMy2*Vicky.Hayd.and.K*'s Avatar Expecting #4 :)
hehe i have no clue! sorry no help! ur one busy momma! i hope you find something great! it must be quite the challenge! since we only plan for 2! i just wanna get an SUV but will wait till this one is maybe 2-3ish hehe

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my Beautiful Siggy!

:

Expecting #4 Can't believe we caught the first egg! ~.*PiNk Baby Dust ViBeS*.~
November 21st, 2011, 05:18 PM
Blue_Jar_Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
There are a lot of 8 passenger large SUVs, like the Suburban. I think maybe the Tahoe too, and seems like I read the new Durango's do as well.

Girl (12), Boy (9), Boy (4), Boy (2)
Expecting Baby #5 Christmas Eve 2014 TEAM PINK!!

~Audrey Elizabeth~

November 21st, 2011, 06:50 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I have ALWAYS wanted 6 kids, and one reason I think I'm done at 5, is my van is gunna be super crammed seating 7...GL finding a bigger car!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search