Got my Doppler in....*UPDATED*

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 21st, 2011, 11:31 AM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
But I tried in vain for 20 minutes to find the h/b. So now I am panicked. I know for a fact that they found it in the doctor's office on their doppler. Do you think it was a stronger probe?

Now I am freaked out because of it. Ugh....

UPDATE

FINALLY I found the h/b. I tried again not too long ago with a full bladder and my feet dangling off the side of the bed. The little bugger was on the complete opposite side of my uterus. The h/b was the same around 170 bpm. Then about 20-30 seconds later he moved! Then he was in the middle of my uterus. I guess I need to wrap my head around that he is moving now. Lol. I will be 10 weeks tomorrow, so I guess that sounds about right. Definately NO denying that sound of the h/b.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!

Last edited by LindseyE117; November 21st, 2011 at 02:22 PM.
November 21st, 2011, 11:48 AM
Amazona's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Haha NOO!!!!!!
Don´t freak out!!!
My dr tried with my 1st pregnancy at 9w4d and couldn´t find it so I totally freaked out and it turned out it was just too small

Most people (even drs) can´t find it until past 10 weeks.
And the probes are the same, it´s just that drs have a lot of experience finding them

Keep trying really low, close to your pubic bone and veeeery slowly... aiming the probe in different directions.
I´m sure you´ll find it soon

November 21st, 2011, 11:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
What kind of probe did you get? Maybe the baby moved, wait a bit and then try again. Remember, the doc may have a stronger doppler! I just ordered one today and am wondering if that might have been a bad idea, just for this reason, I know I will freak out if I can't find the hb...doc hasn't tried to find it yet. GL, I hope you are able to find it!

November 21st, 2011, 11:59 AM
See I tried in the same exact spot the doctor found it last time. It has been bothering me ever since. I know I could have ordered a stronger probe with it, but figured it was not worth it. Just ugh.... I guess I got my hopes up because she found it so quick last time.

November 21st, 2011, 12:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm lurking from the July DDC. Try finding the HB again when your bladder is really full. With my DS I couldn't find the HB with my doppler at home the first time I used it, but then I read somewhere to try it when your bladder is full because it helps push your uterus out of your pelvis area...especially when you're not super far along. Maybe that will help?
November 21st, 2011, 12:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I was going to suggest possibly doing that, but also, baby may not be in the same position as where the doc was able to find it. The probes are a little different, they say that 3 mHz ones are the most common, the 2 mHz ones are used more commonly on larger women or women with certain conditions.

GL!!

November 21st, 2011, 01:25 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just read today that it's not reliable to find a hb on most in home dopplers until 16 weeks unless you really know what you are doing. Don't freak out. I think 10w is early for even most OB offices to reliably find a hb. I'm sure everything is okay. Even after 16w, if you have a baby that's a mover and a shaker it can be hard to find their heartbeat.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

November 21st, 2011, 02:23 PM
Finally.. updated in first post.

November 21st, 2011, 04:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad you found it! Yay! I haven't been able to find the HB with mine yet... maybe I'll try again tonight with a full bladder. But, I'm a bigger girl, so it might just take a little longer for me anyway.

Mommy to Keagan - June 2008, Benny - October 2010 and Liam - June 2012
November 21st, 2011, 04:23 PM
MoMMy2*Vicky.Hayd.and.K*'s Avatar Expecting #4 :)
thats so cool! i'm so jealous u have one! i know once i go back to work in January i have easy access to one (since i work at the hospital! hehehe) guess what i'll be doing? hehehehe uhhh working of course

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my Beautiful Siggy!

:

Expecting #4 Can't believe we caught the first egg! ~.*PiNk Baby Dust ViBeS*.~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search