The Hive - Private Forum

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 21st, 2011, 04:39 PM
MoMMy2*Vicky.Hayd.and.K*'s Avatar Expecting #4 :)
Alright since i can officially request one... what do you think the rules should be! Its a password protected subforum so active members of the June 2012 DDC should only be able to get in! What is the best way to distinguish these people?

example: this person should have a certain # of posts in the June 2012 DDC before having access: how many should they have?

anything else? to help distinguish these members?

this forum would give those who have maybe more private questions and don't wanna share in the DDC where any JM member could see! or post pics! want private opinions on anything personal! personal venting! anything!

also do you think the password should be changed every couple of months?

once we figure out rules, i'll request the forum and Rachael and I will start PM the password we've chosen to members who can join it!

Note: some people although may not be able to join right away even though they are active because they might not have enough posts YET, but once you do or fill the requirements then we'll PM the password!

and are we still good for using The Hive as our private forum! because from what i saw before it seemed to be liked?

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my Beautiful Siggy!

:

Expecting #4 Can't believe we caught the first egg! ~.*PiNk Baby Dust ViBeS*.~
November 21st, 2011, 05:21 PM
WoahMama83's Avatar Veteran
I like it. It seems to be a pretty fitting name for it in my opinion.

Thank you Babydoll213 for my wonderful siggy!

That's me ~~~>Facebook-Heather
November 21st, 2011, 05:36 PM
kchav314's Avatar Super Mommy
I like the name. Maybe 25 posts in the DDC to be able to join? Seems fair.

November 21st, 2011, 05:49 PM
Crystal713's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Crystal713
I think a certain amount of posts in our DDC to join AND a certain amount of posts each month to stay in and continue getting new password when its changed.

November 21st, 2011, 05:59 PM
Super Mommy
Should there be a length of time in DDC required or is number of posts more important. Maybe a combination?
November 21st, 2011, 05:59 PM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
I think 25 to 50 posts in the DDC to join. As for the remaining active part, are we changing the password each month? How does that option work?

I know I'd like to join as soon as it is up.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
November 21st, 2011, 06:06 PM
duckies0's Avatar Maggie's Mommy
I like it, too! I think as long as it is a reasonable amount of posts for each month. I feel like an active member for now, but would understand a monthly post limit. I had a hard time staying active in my last PR, but understood why they had the restrictions. Sounds good so far, ladies!

November 21st, 2011, 06:08 PM
PuppyLove22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How do we know how many posts someone has made just in our ddc? I think 25-50 is fair, as is remaining active. & I love the name. Good pick!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my beautiful siggy!!

November 21st, 2011, 06:12 PM
MoMMy2*Vicky.Hayd.and.K*'s Avatar Expecting #4 :)
Keep the opinions coming! Just out of my previous PR the private forum was 150 posts in the DDC to join... I'm not saying it has to be that much yet... But I am thinking more than 25-50! If your an active member replying and posting new threads fairly regularly u will easily surpass the required! Those that come on 1-2x a week will take much longer or who barely post!
Rachael and I will come to a final agreement once we get more opinions! What did u have in a previous DDC/PR?

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my Beautiful Siggy!

:

Expecting #4 Can't believe we caught the first egg! ~.*PiNk Baby Dust ViBeS*.~
November 21st, 2011, 06:13 PM
wavrunnr's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
sounds good to me!

Mommy to 2 miracle IVF daughters and a miracle baby boy conceived without any medical assistance!!!!
November 21st, 2011, 06:19 PM
I think my previous PR was around the 150 mark, too. I thought that was huge, but I wasn't as active as I am in this DDC. I was wondering the same thing about how you know how many posts you've made to a certain DDC? Can't wait for the ball to start rolling! Thanks again, ladies.

November 21st, 2011, 06:48 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I don't think we should have a password protected subforum. I think we should have a private group, they really pushed them a while ago and they keep so much more drama away because the co-hosts have complete access to who's in, everybody can see the whole list of who's in and if somebody isn't meeting the requirements anymore, "bye-bye." That's just my 2 cents. (I host 5 boards and 4 of them have a private group, all used to be a password protected subforum, but they are more work for the admin.)

Also the rules on the password forums is the password should not be changed more than every 6 months, should something happen more quickly than that, it is nice to have the private group instead, cuz you can deal with that as often as YOU want.

November 21st, 2011, 06:50 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think the higher the better. We had a lot of part time members in my last DDC. Some turned up more after the babies were born and some disappeared all together. I personally would be more comfortable if people with more than 50 posts were given access to a private section.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

November 21st, 2011, 06:54 PM
KiwiMommy's Avatar Ashlynn's Mama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal713 View Post
I think a certain amount of posts in our DDC to join AND a certain amount of posts each month to stay in and continue getting new password when its changed.
We did that in my DDs PR for a while but so many mamas had other things going on that they never had enough posts each month. We decided to just go with X amount of posts in the PR (Enough that you'd be easily recognizable by the other members, basically) but no X amount per month. I liked it better, personally, and so did a lot of other members. It's rough when someone moves and is without internet for a month or so and cannot give advice on the private subforum because they had other obligations.
Just my

Also, to toss it in.. The private group didn't go well for us either. With a subforum, those who can access it can also see when there is a new post.. With the group, you can't see anything without going there. IMO it takes a lot of effort and replies are slower than they would be if it's in a subforum. It is more work for there to be a subforum, but it's also better in the long run.

So, to sum all that up.. I'd say 50 posts in the DDC until we reach about 25-30 weeks (then it can be 100-150 posts) and we have a subforum.
Once we get to 100 or 150 posts in the DDC, we can usually trust those with access.
If there's a problem, the password can then be changed..and a "cleanup" pw change every 6 months.

Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!

Last edited by KiwiMommy; November 21st, 2011 at 06:59 PM.
November 21st, 2011, 09:54 PM
RachaelDMommaTo3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to RachaelDMommaTo3 Send a message via Yahoo to RachaelDMommaTo3
I agree with having a private group, that's what we have in my other PR and it has worked out nicely. We can always see who is a part of the group, so there is no worries if someone has been given the password that should have.

Here are the requirements from our PR:
Quote:
To access this group, you must be an active member of the January 2010 PR for at least 60 days and have at least 500 posts on the PR. Active member is defined as posting at least 5 times per week (either new topics or new replies) on the PR. Should you become inactive for a period of 30 days, your access to the group will be removed until you become active again.
Now of course I wouldn't say 500 posts required for us, we're much newer.. but I think 150 is fair. It really doesn't take that long if you are coming on and posting a few times a week.

November 21st, 2011, 10:02 PM
Send a message via AIM to RachaelDMommaTo3 Send a message via Yahoo to RachaelDMommaTo3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppyLove22 View Post
How do we know how many posts someone has made just in our ddc? I think 25-50 is fair, as is remaining active. & I love the name. Good pick!
To find out how many posts you have, when you are in the main DDC click Search Forum, Advanced Search. Then you'll type in your own user name and go down to the list of forums and just click the June 2012 DDC. Click Search and it will bring up every post you have made in the ddc. In the top right corner it will say Showing results 1-25 of ??. The ?? is your amount of posts.

For example, your post count is 259.

November 21st, 2011, 10:50 PM
Preggo Foster Momma!
Anyone starting a private fb group?
*hint hint*
November 21st, 2011, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoii View Post
Anyone starting a private fb group?
*hint hint*
I started one just for you! Let me know if that link works.. I may have to send out invites since it's a closed group. If so, give me the link to your FB!

November 22nd, 2011, 04:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Im cool with whatever the majority wants. I think 100 posts is good. No password changes unless something happens. Keep the rules simple.
November 22nd, 2011, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob&RylansMomma View Post
I started one just for you! Let me know if that link works.. I may have to send out invites since it's a closed group. If so, give me the link to your FB!
I just sent a request to join via facebook. Thanks for setting this up! I also appreciate you detailing the process to check our # of posts in the DDC. Can't wait! I am also good with whatever the majority decides.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search