just frustrated

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 22nd, 2011, 07:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to jacinthe
so i have found with this pregnancy i'm not getting the some care as with my second or first things are really different and my family doc seems to be hmm i dunno how to put it but in the clouds like she seems so cnfused and as no idea why i'm there half the time anyways i had 2 appt. with her and her questions were just totally weird and at first she ddn't want a scan til 20 weeks but with the bleeding at first and the 5 week scan that didn't show anything i asked wouldn't it be safe to just get a scan done well i shouldve kept my mouth shut cause i got the scan yesterday which clearly said dating scan but the tech started doing an nt at 11 weeks and the measurements are off ... they had 3 girls in the lil cubicle doing the scan which was transvag and whispering to each other so not right and anyways i got kinda nervous asked if i could hear the hb oh we don't listen to it ask if there was one and what it was she just said i see it but can't count it ok whatever at the end of the scan the girl asked me to come back next week i asked why and she said well we want to finish the nt scan cause the measurements are off and we couldn't see the skull hmmm ok but this was not a nt scan she said no but figure to to do it instead of coming back i said well i wasn't going to get that done and she said it was mandotory anyways if you are still reading .... my dr called and she is out of town but things didn't look right and wants to see me monday and most likely i'll be getting a better scan done in toronto the reason i'm so frustrated is this hospital as not done this only once tell patients that things seem off or something is wrong and it turns out nothing is wrong i know a few girls and they did it with seb too at 20 weeks saying his kidneys weren't working go to toronto and it turns out nothing is wrong perfect healthy baby and that's what i had so i'm just starting to feel like i never want to go to this hospital again

November 22nd, 2011, 08:31 AM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
Sounds like they did not know what they were looking for. I am sorry that happened. Is it possible to switch doctors? I am not sure how the healthcare system works there.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
November 22nd, 2011, 08:33 AM
RachaelDMommaTo3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to RachaelDMommaTo3 Send a message via Yahoo to RachaelDMommaTo3
I'm sorry you had a bad appt.. I don't think they can tell you that the NT scan is mandatory. At least in the States I know it's not. I hope you have a better appt next time!

November 22nd, 2011, 09:57 AM
lromkee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
NT scans are totally optional here. I'm sorry you had such a horrible visit.

November 22nd, 2011, 10:13 AM
Amazona's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That sucks!
Hopefully they will get a better look on Monday and I´m sure everything will be fine

November 22nd, 2011, 10:13 AM
Amchelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry you had such a bad appt. Sounds like the ultrasound tech sidnt know what they were doing. Can you switch Dr. or have your next ultrasound done somewhere else?

November 22nd, 2011, 11:26 AM
duckies0's Avatar Maggie's Mommy
I'm sorry you had such a bad appt! I hope you get more answers on Monday. From your explanation, it sounds like the tech had no idea what they are doing. KUP!

November 22nd, 2011, 11:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
What an awful experience! I hope they do a better job on Monday!

Are you able to switch docs or request that the u/s's be done in Toronto anyways? Seems like that would alleviate a lot of undue stress!!

November 22nd, 2011, 01:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to jacinthe
we only have 1 hospital which is the only place to get u/s as for my family dr it would be wise to keep her as we are so short of dr's here and she as been my physian since i was 3 i'm not upset at her whatsoever i do feel she has been overworked and overbooked and is just a little off her a game cause she is usually a very good dr it's the u/s this is my 3rd pregnancy and this is the third time they tell me something is wrong with my pregnancy and i swear their machine is older then me haha and i'm not the only girl this year that was told about something wrong when their was nothing i think we will just be going to toronto from now on even tho it's 8 hours away it would be better for stress and ressurance they have one of the best hospital there for pregnancy i just needed to vent and let out my frustration with ultrasound if it was up to me i wouldn't have any

November 22nd, 2011, 02:10 PM
kchav314's Avatar Super Mommy
Sorry! That really stinks!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search