On the topic of Christmas

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 22nd, 2011, 11:36 AM
Crystal713's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Crystal713
What are you getting your children this year?

Although I am pretty much done with my shopping I still like to see what others are doing to get some ideas.

Evan- Furreal dog and accessories, pillow pet, make your own puppets, singalong CD player, kids digital camera, gameboy advanced, magnadoodle, mario bros hat and glove set. Candy and little presents in his stocking.

Since everyone said the furreal dog was a "girly" toy I went and bought a blue collar for it to replace the pink one it comes with so its more boyish . He is so excited!

Eli-Pillow pet, stinky garbage truck, voice changer, imaginext TREX, Big construction site, gameboy advanced, robodino, Mario figurines, spiderman hat/gloves set. Stocking with candy and little presents.

November 22nd, 2011, 12:06 PM
PuppyLove22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are getting her a DSi and some accessories as her big gift. Then whatever else I come across, probably some movies, need stocking stuffers still. Not sure what else.

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my beautiful siggy!!

November 22nd, 2011, 12:58 PM
Blue_Jar_Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have just really started, so behind this year.

We are a no battery toy family. So, all the toys my kiddos get must not have batteries. It has not really made it any harder this year.

My son is getting lots of legos, action figures, cars, playsets, Imaginext toys and stuff for their play kitchen.

Oldest daughter is getting lots of art supplies, new headphones for her MP3, fashion drawing/designing sets, dolls, jewelry, clothes, a new purse,makeup, things for her guinea pig and board games.

ds #2 is easy. I have pretty much cleaned out Melissa and Doug and Kidkraft for him. lol Lots of play food, puzzles, toy cars, trains, a farm set and things like that. He is not 2 yet, so he's happy to just play with whatever.

Girl (12), Boy (9), Boy (4), Boy (2)
Expecting Baby #5 Christmas Eve 2014 TEAM PINK!!

~Audrey Elizabeth~

November 22nd, 2011, 01:26 PM
Preggo Foster Momma!
I'm not really familiar with kids toys yet... but i read that as a "funeral" not fureal dog. I was like... omg what is a funeral dog and what are kids playing with these days? LoL

I'll be getting stocking staffers for my dogs this year, those are my kids for now. Maybe by Xmas we will have a placement and I'll be scrambling for gifts.
November 22nd, 2011, 01:42 PM
Super Mommy
For DD, I was planning on bubble bath, train whistle, photo album of family members, and possible a tricycle. I'm pretty sure the extended family is going to go crazy with gifts for DD so we are keeping it simple.
November 22nd, 2011, 02:15 PM
RachaelDMommaTo3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to RachaelDMommaTo3 Send a message via Yahoo to RachaelDMommaTo3
Oh boy.. we went overboard this year.. lol...

Jacob (7)- Real digital camera, Paper Jamz guitar/amp/drumset, some bakugan toys, a few wii games, a dvd, a few other little things..

Rylan (almost 2)- a reading chair for his room, weebles treehouse, dump truck, sesame street legos, and a few other things.

Next year I think I'd like to try the "Something they want, something they need, something to wear, something to read" thing for the kids. That would keep us from over doing it like we usually do.

November 22nd, 2011, 03:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Sophia's Momma
My DD is 3.5yrs old and it is super hard this year! We got her a LeapPad using our credit card points (paid $20 for it!!!!) and we are going to get her a Calico Critters play house and family of animals. I think that will probably be about it this year besides a few small things.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my amazing siggie!

My Scrapbooking Blog
November 22nd, 2011, 03:09 PM
cmom3's Avatar Super Mommy
DD1(13 yrs old)-Android phone(definitely time for an upgrade), Sanuks shoes, and she wants gift cards from us and rest of family to Rue 21 and Aeropostale.

DD2(9 yrs old)-Bicycle, DS games, Just Dance 3(Wii), Simon Flash, and other things I've yet to find or her mention.
November 22nd, 2011, 03:28 PM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
We have 2 lists, "Santa" brings the expensive stuff and mom and dad buy the cheap stuff. Lol.

For my DS (10y)- 2 huge Lego Star Wars sets from Santa. From mom and dad, 2 smaller Lego sets (can you tell all he likes? lol), and a board game. Santa will usually stuff his stocking with fruit, Christmas candy, and juicy fruit come time. I usually throw in a coloring book too.

For my DD (8y)- A 3D DSI with 2 games from Santa. From mom and dad, some webkins, a gift card to Build A Bear, and a board game. Same goes for the stocking.

My family usually fills in the rest with gifts.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
November 22nd, 2011, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoii View Post
I'm not really familiar with kids toys yet... but i read that as a "funeral" not fureal dog. I was like... omg what is a funeral dog and what are kids playing with these days? LoL

Oh my goodness LOL!!!

November 22nd, 2011, 05:31 PM
mumto6boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't even started , but they are all getting a new PC for in the living room to use for homework and educational games.

DS1 will probably get clothes, new tennis shoes or boots, and some accessories for his iPhone, maybe a new bike bc his old one broke, he's getting a gift card to Aeropostale from his Godmother (my sister) IDK what from my parents but no doubt something outrageous bc my mom goes overboard on him

DS2- new bike, beyblade stadium and a couple extra, same again about my parents they go overboard but IDK what this yr

DS3- a bike, Thomas the train take and play set (he lives trains but I'm sick of all the track everywhere), leap pad games (bc My parents are getting him the leap pad).

DS4-little tikes turn n spin trike, leapster games (again Nana getting the leapster), imaginext toys (not sure which ones yet)

DS5- little tikes play n scoot pirate ship (so cute), fisher price singing soccer ball, fisher price little people batcave( also too cute!!!), he'll get fridge phonics from his Godfather and A Scooter from my parents

November 22nd, 2011, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumto5boys View Post

DS5- little tikes play n scoot pirate ship (so cute), fisher price singing soccer ball, fisher price little people batcave( also too cute!!!), he'll get fridge phonics from his Godfather and A Scooter from my parents

I HAD to go look up the little people batcave and that is just soooo cute! I didnt even know they made that! My boys have the big imaginext batcave.

November 22nd, 2011, 06:28 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
my kiddos are each getting a high chair for their baby dolls, a set of felt/wood cupcakes, mixing bowls, eggs etc. for their kitchen, and a few other small things. They are also getting an art easel to share. I'm making them aprons, but I need to get moving on those to have them done in time. I started cutting them out a long time ago and then my m/s and tiredness kicked in and I stopped. I forgot about them until today.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

November 23rd, 2011, 06:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Christmas is insane at our house. We don't really buy anything most of the year other than essentials so we go all out at x-mas...

The boys like the same things so they are getting the entire Cars 2 geotrax set. Cars 2 shake and go race way. Transformers rescue bots bumblebee and optimus prime and two different play sets. A bunch of cars to complete their collection. A Thomas train set. They both get a leapfrog learning tablet. Both have a few clothes and jammies and undies and socks..

My daughter was tough this year. Her list consisted of duct tape and beads lol... along with that she got a 3ds and games (this is actually more a family gift, we all use video stuff) ipod dock speaker thing, clothes and new jewelry lots of hair accessories, a lava lamp, sone stuff for her room, books she's been asking for, some moxie girls and barbies for her barbie house. I love that she still plays with them.

The baby will get its travel system lol... got a great deal lol..

Of course the biggest kid will get a cowboys vest and goodies, playstation 3 (family) and his new game for his xbox.

Last edited by Hushaluv; November 23rd, 2011 at 06:22 AM.
November 23rd, 2011, 11:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow, you all really go overboard

We are on a very tight budget this year, but it's all good, because DD is only 2.5 and she doesn't get that anyways. So, last year, we pulled the kitchen that my mom saved from my brother and sister out of the basement, cleaned it up and Santa gave it to her for Christmas - it has been a big hit all year This year, we are pulling out the tricycle that is down there from my brother and cleaning that up, we also have a bunch of Barbie's and accessories and My Little Ponies and some other crazy doll set I have never heard of that were given to us by my cousin whose daughter never played with them, they are like new! She is getting all of that, we bought her a Dora puzzle (pretty much for free, thank Kohl's cash!), and I am looking for maybe a play doh set. My IL's are getting her a bball hoop and a scooter and I am sure some clothes or something, my parents are either getting her a Vtech pad or digital camera, who knows maybe both, mom always goes overboard for all of us, she says she won't and swears this year will be the year, I have told her she needs to not go overboard, but we will see. Anyways, I am also thinking of a play doh set to go with her play doh that she LOVES! We will see, my SIL might be getting one for her, so I might leave it at that!

November 23rd, 2011, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by humnck View Post
Wow, you all really go overboard

We are on a very tight budget this year, but it's all good, because DD is only 2.5 and she doesn't get that anyways. So, last year, we pulled the kitchen that my mom saved from my brother and sister out of the basement, cleaned it up and Santa gave it to her for Christmas - it has been a big hit all year This year, we are pulling out the tricycle that is down there from my brother and cleaning that up, we also have a bunch of Barbie's and accessories and My Little Ponies and some other crazy doll set I have never heard of that were given to us by my cousin whose daughter never played with them, they are like new! She is getting all of that, we bought her a Dora puzzle (pretty much for free, thank Kohl's cash!), and I am looking for maybe a play doh set. My IL's are getting her a bball hoop and a scooter and I am sure some clothes or something, my parents are either getting her a Vtech pad or digital camera, who knows maybe both, mom always goes overboard for all of us, she says she won't and swears this year will be the year, I have told her she needs to not go overboard, but we will see. Anyways, I am also thinking of a play doh set to go with her play doh that she LOVES! We will see, my SIL might be getting one for her, so I might leave it at that!

I only really buy toys for the kids on bdays and christmas so I try to make it extra special!! And I only got Lily just one thing for Christmas this year since she is so little and her bday is right after christmas. I figure it will take her all day to eat the wrapping off her one present anyway! But Im sure as all the kids get older I wont be able to afford as much as I did this year because I will have more to buy for.

November 23rd, 2011, 03:40 PM
Trying to get a LeapPad but it's sold out everywhere!
Can't believe people are selling it on eBay for $200...

Here's some things I've already picked up: Green Toys School Bus, TEGU Blocks, Barbie Hair Extension Design Studio, Lalaloopsy Silly Hair, NERF Vortex, & Just Dance 3...gotta alot more...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search