Sleep!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 22nd, 2011, 01:30 PM
RachaelDMommaTo3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to RachaelDMommaTo3 Send a message via Yahoo to RachaelDMommaTo3
How are you all sleeping recently? Do you feel that you sleep better or worse now that you're pregnant? If you're a tummy sleeper, do you still find that comfortable or is your little bump starting to get in the way of that?

I have been sleeping horrible.. I wake up several times a night and just can't get comfortable! I normally sleep on my side, so that doesn't really change while I'm pregnant.

November 22nd, 2011, 01:34 PM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
I am a tummy sleeper, and my gas and bloating just makes that way too uncomfortable. I usually am so tired at bedtime my hubby has to help me downstairs, but I still wake up about 5 to 6 times a night.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
November 22nd, 2011, 01:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well, I was waking up quite often to use the restroom and just because I was uncomfy (not just from the pg though, from my shoulder/arm issue too), but last night I took half a Unisom for my m/s and that really helped me to sleep so well! I fell asleep before one of my fave shows and was so upset when I woke up and realized I had missed it But, then I realized how well I was sleeping and fell back to sleep...lol!

I am a tummy sleeper and some nights can still sleep on my tummy, others my boobs get in the way...lol!

November 22nd, 2011, 02:03 PM
cmom3's Avatar Super Mommy
I haven't slept all night since being PG. Either going to bathroom, nausea, boobs sore, or uncomfortable to sleep on my stomach when bloated. I've tried going to bed earlier and later.
November 22nd, 2011, 02:04 PM
mumto6boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm a tummy sleeper too and although I'm aware of my uterus being bigger it doesn't bother me enough yet to move to my side which I'ds far worse bc of my hip pain due to Fibromyalgia. I do wake up often bc I don't sleep deep when I'm pregnant for some reaso maybe bc I know I'm going to have to get up so often to go to the bathroom that I never really get into a deep sleep. I'm really cranky and still tired every morning and I know it's only going to get worse.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my super cute siggy!

November 22nd, 2011, 02:24 PM
Ali and Jillybeans mom :)
i have always had trouble sleeping my whole life. since ive been pregnant i have been totally exhausted all the time. i sleep on my stomach so its starting to get a little harder but im managing to sleep on my stomach still. i am waking up about every 2 hrs to go to the bathroom or tossing and turning cause i cant get comfortable.
November 22nd, 2011, 02:25 PM
Super Mommy
I haven't slept a whole night through since getting pg. I sleep on my back and sometimes my right side. I find sleeping on my left side helps with the gas but always feel uncomfy (I have a bad hip). I have acid reflux so have always slept on my back propped up. I get up like 4 times a night to pee. LOL HATE it. I try not to drink much in the evening, but always am so thirsty.
November 22nd, 2011, 04:17 PM
KiwiMommy's Avatar Ashlynn's Mama
I've always had insomnia.. but now all I ever want to do is sleep. Forever. LOL More so when my morning sickness is really bad. I threw up today and then dozed on the couch. DD sat with me and watched tv while I dozed She's such a sweetheart.

I haven't been able to sleep on my belly for weeks. I can feel something pushing against my organs and it hurts, so I can only assume it's my uterus, since no matter how bloated I was before becoming pregnant, I could sleep on my belly.
I just sleep on my side with a pillow or blanket under my stomach for support.

Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!
November 22nd, 2011, 04:22 PM
ashbbrunton's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Comfort isn't my issue it's the crazy vivid dreams that keep waking me up! When I wake up in the morning when DH is getting ready for work I usually have to go to the bathroom before going back to sleep now when I didn't have to before.

Thank You so much Typical Vampire for my Gorgeous Siggy!!!!

November 22nd, 2011, 04:25 PM
PuppyLove22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had nasty insomnia for a while, which started to really get to me. Now I take a unison before bed and that usually helps. I still toss and turn a lot. I can still sleep in all positions, but I have a tempurpedic bed so maybe that gives more? I am dreading having to stop sleeping on my back because I get really uncomfortable on my sides for a long time, even with my pregnancy pillow. =(

Oh and my snoring husband doesn't help. There is a high possibility he will be kicked out of bed before this pregnancy is up. I can't take it.

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my beautiful siggy!!

November 22nd, 2011, 08:32 PM
Super Mommy
Sleeping is hit or miss. Some nights I sleep like a rock, really deep and hardly move. But then other nights I'm up to pee and I can't get back to sleep. Those nights are the worst. I also want more space while sleeping these days. I keep trying to convince DH we should get a king sized bed. I almost have him convinced cause right now we are sleeping on a full!
November 23rd, 2011, 12:15 AM
Amchelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have bad insomnia when not pregnant so not being able to get to sleep is nothing new to me. However, since becomimg pregnant I have been able to take naps most days, but here lately I havrnt been able to get comfy.

Tags
pregnancy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search