Totally O/T Vent

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 23rd, 2011, 06:33 AM
Super Mommy
Ok so I'm putting this here just so that I can say I've said it to someone (DH is tired of hearing about it).

I share an office with my co-worker, essentially I do 1/3 of her job since she has two little ones at home and can't afford child care. We both use the same supplies from various places around the church and after programs they invariably end up in our office. This would be fine with me EXCEPT that she never puts any of it away. Her way of cleaning is to put all the stuff on my side of the room because it's "Children's Stuff" (which she has used for youth or family events). So now I have to make multiple trips down the dangerous stairs (which I've already fallen down twice) with a heavy laundry basket and cart it around the church to put things away that I didn't even get out and wasn't even involved with - some of it is leftover from her DD's birthday party for heaven's sake! - Some days it makes me CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!

(I noticed this today because I JUST spent an hour cleaning my side last Sunday and I came in today and her side is pristine and mine looks like a tornado went through and I am WAY too hormonal to deal with it this morning...fortunately, she doesn't work Wednesdays)
November 23rd, 2011, 07:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That is so frustrating, I would say something to her, of course wait until your are calm I don't have to physically clean up after a coworker, but I do have to clean up after her, she never follows up and never does anything on time when it is something for someone else, if it is something she needs, she, of course needs it right away. It is very irritating and frustrating! And to top it off, she strolls in at 9:30 when everyone else is supposed to be here no later than 9! She takes like 1.5 hour lunches and I am sure she doesn't stay until she is supposed to, anyways, it wouldn't be so bad if she actually did her job right! So, I can totally relate, GL!!!

November 23rd, 2011, 07:27 AM
RachaelDMommaTo3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to RachaelDMommaTo3 Send a message via Yahoo to RachaelDMommaTo3
Ugh that would drive me nuts!! Is there a way you could say something about it nicely? Or maybe leave her a note on a day that she's not there.. lol.

November 23rd, 2011, 07:59 AM
Super Mommy
Thanks - yeah, I just have to keep reminding myself that I'm sure I irritate her too and that's it's really not as big of a deal as it seems (it only took me 15 minutes and two trips to get everything away)...but when you walk in first thing in the morning and you can't even find your desk...things just seem worse than they are. Thanks for the support
November 23rd, 2011, 11:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't find that acceptable at all, even if it only took you 15 minutes, you are not her maid, her mom, or anything else other than a coworker and she should respect that! I would start putting the stuff over on her side and say something like, I think you forgot to put this away, she is totally taking advantage of you and she won't stop unless you push back. You could always move it back on a day she isn't there with a note that says, I am sorry, but I think you left this out by accident and I am unable to help you anymore, as I am not allowed to pick heavy things up or walk down those scary steps Something like that, something nice, but that lets her know that you can't do it anymore and you won't. Does she know you are pg?

November 23rd, 2011, 12:35 PM
Ali and Jillybeans mom :)
i know how you feel. it sucks. i have co-workers who dont do their jobs properly and i have to do them or they will leave stuff out that takes 2 seconds to take care of. right now with my hormones i can barely stand work and the girl whos driving me most insane right now knows im pregnant and im exhausted! i work go to school full time and have a 5 year old and i have to do half your freaking job when all you do is work? aaahhhh sssoooo annoying!!!!! i finally stopped ignoring her phone calls and stopped doing the work i was doing for her and i think she finally caught on! it only took months (and i mean like 6 months of ignoring phone calls). what finally seemed to make my point clear is i said the one day im pregnant and im tired i want to be left alone when im not working. maybe you just need to nicely say something. it seemed to work for me finally
November 23rd, 2011, 12:42 PM
Super Mommy
I'm supposed to meet with her tonight after my kids drama practice (I work Wendesday Mornings and Nights because I have school during the afternoon) - It's tricky because she's also one of my best friends, but I hate that she sometimes forgets that and takes advantage of the fact that I rarely say no to things...fingers crossed that I actually have the courage to stand up to her - I HATE confrontation more than I hate putting away her stuff lol - she's known I was pg. since the day I found out she just walked into the office and said "are you pregnant?" and I was like holy heck as if you're asking!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search