Told my boss!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 23rd, 2011, 06:55 AM
Amazona's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

November 23rd, 2011, 07:52 AM
Dishersgirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
that must have been fun

Baby Due July 27
Guinevere 2 years old!
Trinity 3 years
Aric 9 years
Kendall 13 years

Holly 30 Benjamin 40

November 23rd, 2011, 07:54 AM
KiwiMommy's Avatar Ashlynn's Mama
Sounds like it went interestingly? LOL Spill! Did it go well?

Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!
November 23rd, 2011, 07:55 AM
RachaelDMommaTo3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to RachaelDMommaTo3 Send a message via Yahoo to RachaelDMommaTo3
Oh you know you have to give more details than that!!! Tease!

November 23rd, 2011, 08:10 AM
haha
Well, I guess as expected... heīs happy but then went on to say... "oh no, thatīs like 9 months off, right?"
It really pissed me off because we are entitled to a year here (12 months) and with DS I only took 8 1/2 months and they didnīt even say "thank you".
Because of that, this time I am planning on taking AT LEAST 10 months.
So I corrected him with a grin saying "no, itīll be 10 months to a year"

@sshole!

November 23rd, 2011, 09:34 AM
MoMMy2*Vicky.Hayd.and.K*'s Avatar LOVE my GiRL & BoyS! <3
Lol!!! I totally don't wanna go back! Even though I know there is a light at the end of the tunnel! yikes!! I'm so happy we get this time off! I'm gonna tell my boss next week since I'm back to do the official NT Scan. I'll a lady be in the building and I can do it in person instead of phone/email!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my Beautiful Siggy!

November 23rd, 2011, 09:39 AM
mumto6boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You guys are so lucky! I might get to take 3 wks. I don't have vacation time so if I'm not at work then I'm not getting paid. I will be able to bring the baby to work w/ me a few days a wk so it won't be that bad.

November 23rd, 2011, 09:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I get "6" weeks, I say it like that because the 1st week is vacation, ours is short term disability, yup, that's right, having a baby is a disability! Anyways, this time around I also am only getting 60% pay since we are switching to a different company and it's smaller so the insurance co won't pay the 70% I was getting if I was here. I have already talked about higher compensation, hoping I get it! My boss will be happy, not sure what they are going to do while I am out though, since I am the only person in Tech Support and now there will only be 11 of us total, but they will make due

You should take it as a compliment that they need you and are worried about when you aren't there I wish I had at least 8 months off! I need to move...haha!

November 23rd, 2011, 10:12 AM
Oh, I know how lucky we are for sure!
In Argentina I wouldīve gotten 3 months for maternity leave. Which is better compared to the US but still, I think itīs not enough with a new baby (youīre not even human at 3 months yet! )

What makes me mad is that I made an effort to come back and had to deal with a lot of daycare troubles (finding a daycare here isnīt easy) and yet I get a "but you were like a year off".
No, I wasnīt a year off, and I even came back BEFORE I had to for you and all I get is "you were off almost a year"?
I donīt know if you girls see my point but itīs not worth it.
I gave up at least a month and a half that I couldīve spent with my son for a jerk who doesnīt appreciate it.

My boss is great in every other aspect and I like him a lot, but itīs his attitude towards the maternity thing that makes me mad
Now heīll really have a reason to complain. Idiot.

November 23rd, 2011, 10:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh I totally get it, it is frustrating and irritating, but I was just saying, it's nice to know you are needed, even if you don't want to be for that period of time

Finding a daycare here is not easy either. There are so many, but they are soooo expensive and you have to figure out who is safe, good with kids, etc. we were lucky in that respect, we found a great one, although it went downhill, so when the teacher we really liked left to start her own daycare, we followed her, still very lucky!

Men They just don't get it, well, most men don't anyways!

November 23rd, 2011, 10:26 AM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
Yeah I only got 6 weeks of maternity leave with mine unpaid. My job at the time did not offer disability insurance, so I was happy to have my daughter right around my tax refund. I wish we would get a year.

Also day cares suck here also and are ridiculously expensive. If it were not for a small pittance of day care assistance, my whole check at the time would have gone to daycare for both my kids.

I'm sorry that you got treated like that though. So uncalled for.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
November 23rd, 2011, 12:11 PM
cmom3's Avatar Super Mommy
I will be off for 6 weeks. My SIL will be watching baby so I don't have to worry about a certain time waiting to start daycare. I'm just glad it will be during the summer when both DD's are out of school. I know they will be a big help and I don't have to get up early every day just to take them to school.

I'm telling my boss when we go back to work on Monday and I'm so nervous!! He is a good boss, but sometimes he doesn't realize what he says until after he says it so this should be interesting.
November 23rd, 2011, 04:03 PM
Super Mommy
According to my work handbook, I get UP to 12 weeks off according to the Family Medical Leave Act. I think I will take part of that time to job hunt though and find something I actually went to school for. I have built in day care here. Mom is already volunteering.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search