First official OB appointment = stressful

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 23rd, 2011, 01:38 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had a great appointment today, but it was not free of stress. They took my background info and health history. I mentioned that I could already feel my uterus and thought it was pretty high. Then we discussed my LMP and when I Od. After all that, I was sent for an u/s because I was "measuring ahead". I kept telling them I know there is only one in there, but they weren't so sure. They figured either I was off by my dates or there are 2. I get to the u/s and the tech mentions that my fundal height is 16w What?!!! I knew my uterus was high, but not that high. So they do the u/s and baby, yes singular, is measuring 10w4d. My uterus is only measuring 11w via u/s. Another relief. It doesn't look like I have a fibroid or anything else making it really high. The only thing they can figure is that my girls stretched everything out so much that my uterus has moved up further than it would normally be at this point.

The u/s tech was excited because she hasn't gotten to do an u/s for ID twins in years. I was sort of like "$#& You Lady" I love my twins and am so glad I get to experience their bond every day. I just really don't need to do the infant twin thing again. Even though ID twins are not genetic and just happen, she was really routing for me to have another set in there.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

November 23rd, 2011, 01:43 PM
cmom3's Avatar Super Mommy
Identical twins runs on my DH's side of the family so I had to ask my doctor this morning just to make sure there was only 1 in there!!
November 23rd, 2011, 02:23 PM
Amazona's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Haha, what a bumpy road!!!
So how did you like your new OB?

And twins (both identical and fraternal) run in both DHs and my family (MIL was an ID twin, my sisters are ID twins and my 1st cousins are fraternal) so everybody jokes around but I sure hope Im not the one to keep the "twin tradition"
They are indeed amazing and its incredible to see their bond but I dont know how I would do it myself

So? Spill it about the OB!

November 23rd, 2011, 02:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
is right! 16 weeks? Holy crap! But I'm sure she was right and that your uterus is just ultra ready after having two babies in it last time!!

November 23rd, 2011, 02:38 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I only saw a nurse practitioner today, but loved her. She was a midwife for 23 years and now does this so she can "sleep through the night". I'll meet one of the OBs in the practice in a couple weeks.

To clarify what I wrote above. ID Twins don't run in any families. They just happen. Some families happen to have a couple pairs, but that's just by chance. My grandmother had ID sisters. Only frat twins run in families and they don't necessarily skip a generation like some people think. Frat twins are from Oing more than one egg. Only the female can O, so the male doesn't affect her. He can affect his female offspring though and that's where the skipping a generation myth comes in.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

November 23rd, 2011, 03:04 PM
RachaelDMommaTo3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to RachaelDMommaTo3 Send a message via Yahoo to RachaelDMommaTo3
That's crazy that you're measuring 16 weeks! I guess you weren't kidding when you said you could feel it way up there! lol I'm glad everything is good though!

November 23rd, 2011, 05:27 PM
MoMMy2*Vicky.Hayd.and.K*'s Avatar Expecting #4 :)
Glad there is just one this time!! I'd be scared to have twins I couldn't imagine having twins twice!! Ahhhhh! But the girls are such cuties! I love the pics u posted in a recent thread!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my Beautiful Siggy!

:

Expecting #4 Can't believe we caught the first egg! ~.*PiNk Baby Dust ViBeS*.~
November 23rd, 2011, 06:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
A girl I'm friends with had a daughter, then had twins (boy and girl), then had twins again (two boys)!!! I couldn't imagine!!!

YAY for a good appt and only one baby!

November 23rd, 2011, 07:32 PM
LIZZYI's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know how you feel!

I love my twin boys but don't think I good do that again. I was very relieved to see we are only having one this time. I couldnt imagine 2 newborns and 2 toddlers.

My doctor warned me that I will probably measure larger then usual through out my pregnancy due to the twins overstreching my uterus. AAHHH the joys of having twins

November 24th, 2011, 12:07 AM
Amchelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glade you had a good appt. and got all that figured out.

November 24th, 2011, 04:45 AM
Preggo Foster Momma!
WOW!
Emotional appointment!
Glad things are going the way you wanted them!
I'd love to have one set of twins, once.
From what I've heard- it's intense! Two sets would be :-O
November 24th, 2011, 04:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Ana*Addey*OliveMommy
Glad there is only 1! I have not been measured yet but boy measuring that far ahead would scare me too. I have never measured ahead I have been right on until I hit like 30 weeks then I stop and get behind in growing which is stressful!

Do not mention on FB

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search