Sick during pregnancy

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 23rd, 2011, 01:15 PM
PuppyLove22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am sick with some kind of cold and it is making me NUTS!! It seems to be something going around, everyone has or has had it around here. But I can't take anything and I can't breath I am so congested and I am coughing and have a sore throat. Its making sleeping even more difficult than it already is =(

Anyone else going through this dang cold? Is there anything I can take for this congestion?

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my beautiful siggy!!

November 23rd, 2011, 01:21 PM
WoahMama83's Avatar Veteran
I know exactly how you feel. I'm on day 8 of coughing so hard I either gag or pee myself lol. I was told robitussin dm but I didn't feel right taking it so it's been vaporub cough drops and steam showers. I hope you kick it quicker than I have!

Thank you Babydoll213 for my wonderful siggy!

That's me ~~~>Facebook-Heather
November 23rd, 2011, 01:37 PM
MoMMy2*Vicky.Hayd.and.K*'s Avatar LOVE my GiRL & BoyS! <3
I was last Thursday Friday with fever!!!! Tylenol kept me at low grade! I felt like poop!!! Thank god that passed because i was so exhausted also with taking care of Victoria. Poor kiddo mommy was not in the mood for anything! Hope u feel better soon!! It's definitely draining on our preggo bodies!!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my Beautiful Siggy!

November 23rd, 2011, 01:43 PM
OH no, DH had a fever, but so far I haven't. FX i don't get one! I am sorry you both had it, this really is miserable!

Woahmama I totally know what you mean about the coughing. It makes me gag too and I end up throwing up every morning from it. Not fun!! I hope you feel better soon!

November 23rd, 2011, 01:49 PM
Ali and Jillybeans mom :)
i had a cold for over 2 weeks and im still coughing and have a sore throat and i still feel stuffed up. my husband and daughter had it as well as the babysitter and her whole family and people from work. it really sucked and kicked my butt!! i still have issues and cough so hard i gag. i really hope this is not what you have! it was horrible! feel better soon
November 23rd, 2011, 03:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have it too and wake up every morning and gag and throw up mucus because of it! I was told that I could take the regular Mucinex or just regular saline in the nose - saline is just salt water and you can inhale it into your nose and it helps clear congestion. You can also try hot steamy showers and just sit in the bathroom with the steam. Prop your head up when you are sleeping too. I am finally getting past it, but still wake up and gag - I did that when pg with DD too, so I think that is just a pg thing...yuck

November 23rd, 2011, 07:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sudafed is on my list of "approved" medications for pregnancy from my doc... and the sinus rinse (Neti pot) is awesome, if you can bring yourself to use it!
November 23rd, 2011, 09:27 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by lnj5duke View Post
Sudafed is on my list of "approved" medications for pregnancy from my doc... and the sinus rinse (Neti pot) is awesome, if you can bring yourself to use it!
I'm shocked at that b/c most results on "dr. google" say not to take that.

November 24th, 2011, 04:11 AM
Preggo Foster Momma!
Hubby enjoyed being in a Vicks Vapo-steammed, or what ever there are called, room.

I took tylenol when fever/headache got bad.

Turned into an ear/sinus infection that I'm still recovering from. Antibiotics gave me a yeast infection.

It's just been one thing after another.

It will be worth it, it will be worth it, it will be worth it.

FEEL BETTER!
November 24th, 2011, 06:20 PM
wavrunnr's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ugh! that's tough. I'm always afraid to take anything other than tylenol. I LOVE my neti pot! I sleep on 2 pillows so that my head is more propped up .....and eat ricola cough drops.

Mommy to 2 miracle IVF daughters and a miracle baby boy conceived without any medical assistance!!!!
November 25th, 2011, 02:04 AM
RachaelDMommaTo3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to RachaelDMommaTo3 Send a message via Yahoo to RachaelDMommaTo3
I hope you're feeling better soon! I had a really nasty cold for about 3 weeks.. I felt like I was going to die!

November 25th, 2011, 07:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The variation in the Sudafed thing might be because the "new" version of Sudafed hasn't been tested in pregnancy yet? Or it might just be one of those meds where doctors are split...One book that I have lists it as a class "B" med, which means that it hasn't been PROVEN safe, but it has a long history of being taken during pregnancy without side effects. The book calls it the "decongestant of choice". I certainly used it a lot with DD during my second tri, and she's fine .
November 25th, 2011, 09:00 AM
mumto6boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My list if approved list includes Sudafed (psuedaphedrine) and it's all my Dr. has ever allowed me for my pregnancy colds. You have to make sure it's Pseudephedrine not just the brand name Sudafed. Psuedaphedrine is usually only kept behind the counter at the pharmacy b/c it can be used in making meth they changed the main ingredient to something else that can be sold right off the shelf.

November 25th, 2011, 09:04 AM
Its still here, cough has gotten worse, but congestion is getting better. I am hoping it is on its way out! I think I am going to grab some cough drops today, I had a hard time sleeping last night because I kept getting little cough attacks.

November 25th, 2011, 02:01 PM
GirliMumi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Me too. I've been off work over a week and miserable. Head is so congested and coughing and gagging too. I've been to the dr twice and they said only saline nose spray - which gave me a head ache. Basically just whining till its gone haha!

Feel better girls, sickness sucks!!!
November 25th, 2011, 02:06 PM
Super Mommy
I just started with this cold (4th one so far!) and if it is what mom had, I so hope it doesn't hit me like it did her! I was told tylenol cold and flu is ok when I am desperate for relief. Otherwise I just suck on peppermints and drink tons more fluid (like I need to pee more!)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search