Anyone Else Sure This Is Your Last Child?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 23rd, 2011, 04:12 PM
E + J + A = My Heart
When the nurse was taking all my info at my first appointment, she asked if I was interested in permanent birth control (tubal ligation). I told her we weren't 100% sure yet, but that we'd like some info on it. She noted it in my chart.

When the doc came in and was going over everything, I asked him about it. He said he would do a tubal ligation if I have to have a c-section. If not, he would do the Essure method in the office. He said my insurance would cover the whole procedure if we put in a request for it around 24 weeks (which surprised me b/c I have state ins.) Essure is a 10 min. procedure, no cutting or anything and no down time. It's sounds really good, but it is totally irreversible.

Just wondering if anyone else has decided that this is their last. This is #3 for us, and I'm pretty sure we'll be done after this one. A family of 5 feels very complete to me.

November 23rd, 2011, 04:16 PM
WoahMama83's Avatar Veteran
We are 100% positive this baby is our last so I will be going the route of permanent birth control just not sure which yet.

Thank you Babydoll213 for my wonderful siggy!

That's me ~~~>Facebook-Heather
November 23rd, 2011, 04:21 PM
Crystal713's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Crystal713
YES! I was sure after 3. But I didnt do anything permanent and now Im having number 4. And now I am CERTAIN. But the problem for me is that my insurance only covers the essure procedure and I am not comfortable getting that done. I want the old fashioned cut tie burn method done. So I am not sure what I am going to do this time around.

November 23rd, 2011, 04:52 PM
PuppyLove22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are like 99% sure we are done after this baby. But DH will be getting a vasectomy if that is for sure the case

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my beautiful siggy!!

November 23rd, 2011, 05:00 PM
MissMeliss0522's Avatar Super Mommy
Lurking from July DDC, I have heard a lot of conflicting information. With a great majority of women having adverse effects as a result of the Essure procedure. Just wanted to share that bit of info.
November 23rd, 2011, 05:12 PM
Blue_Jar_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sure this is our last (unless we won the lottery lol) but I would never take any type of hormonal birth control (side effects and health risks), and never do anything permanent. You never know what the future holds.

We will just continue with what we have done with the last 10 years (except for the times we intended to get pregnant) which is the withdrawl method, and a little bit of family planning. Intentionally not doing anything around my ovulation time.

Girl (12), Boy (9), Boy (4), Boy (2)
Expecting Baby #5 Christmas Eve 2014TEAM PINK!!

November 23rd, 2011, 05:27 PM
Super Mommy
This is second and the last for us. We have already talked about the permanent solution and DH decided he will get a vasectomy about 1-2 years after this baby is born. We always wanted two little ones, and even though I'm young I'm done after this baby.
November 23rd, 2011, 05:31 PM
MoMMy2*Vicky.Hayd.and.K*'s Avatar LOVE my GiRL & BoyS! <3
Well we're pretty sure! But will not finalize anything permanently with tube tying or vasectomy.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my Beautiful Siggy!

:

TTC #4 Hoping to catch that first egg! ~.*PiNk Baby Dust ViBeS*.~
November 23rd, 2011, 05:32 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This is it for us. With my fertility issues, I honestly think we could forgo any type of birth control and be okay with it. DH and I both agree that even if I have a repeat csection I won't get my tubes tied. I know too many women who've had weird issues after. DH will eventually get a vasectomy, but we haven't talked about when.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

November 23rd, 2011, 05:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
This is our third and last baby. DH will be getting snipped.

November 23rd, 2011, 06:25 PM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
My friend got her tubes snipped and still got pregnant. It was eptopic and she needed emergency surgery. My sister also got her tubes tied and now is having severe medical issues because of it. I know a lot of people who have no problems, but that is two people close to me. So I will never tie my tubes.

I kind of want another after this, but my hubby is already in his mid fourties, so I doubt that will happen. I told him if he is still sure after the baby has it's first birthday, then he can snip if he wants. I won't put myself through anything permanent.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
November 23rd, 2011, 06:58 PM
Blue_Jar_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindseyE117 View Post

I kind of want another after this, but my hubby is already in his mid fourties, so I doubt that will happen. I told him if he is still sure after the baby has it's first birthday, then he can snip if he wants. I won't put myself through anything permanent.
My FIL was 47 when my husband was born. He's not too old yet! Plus moms do all the hard work.

To everyone else that's certain they are done at just two kids....please reconsider. I'm not saying don't prevent one, but maybe consider some type of non permanent protection for a few years instead of a tubal ligation or vasectomy. We were SO certain we were done after two kids. We had a boy and a girl and it was perfect. I used to have nightmares that I would be pregnant and I would be so paranoid until my period came.

But then 5 years later, I changed my mind. We had a third and he is our WORLD. We just adore him and could not imagine our family without him. Now we are having a fourth. If someone told me in 2004 I would have 4 kids, I would have cried.

I'm just saying, you have no idea where your life will be a few years from now. If you are young and healthy, don't close that book just yet. You may end up regretting it years down the road.

Girl (12), Boy (9), Boy (4), Boy (2)
Expecting Baby #5 Christmas Eve 2014TEAM PINK!!

November 24th, 2011, 02:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Only God knows for certain, though I've certainly learned not to take anything for granted.

We would never 'break' ourselves in any way to prevent pregnancy. You just never know what the future brings and there is no healthy or moral way to prevent pregnancy other than natural family planning.

Mama to:
Nick, 18
Abby, 16
Gabe, 14
Isaac, 12
Mary-Kate, 11
Sam, 9
Henry, 8
Molly, 7
Mark, 5
Greta, 4
Cecilia,2
Josephine,1
Baby due Jan. 2014
November 24th, 2011, 03:17 AM
Preggo Foster Momma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyfulChaosMama View Post
... and there is no healthy or moral way to prevent pregnancy other than natural family planning.
Sex will always happen.
Especially in this day and age. Some people should not have kids, and know it. Others have unwanted pregnancies and their kids end up in foster care, beaten, abandoned, etc.

Teens are getting pregnant. People are raped on the streets. Drugs, alcohol, abuse.

I would rather women be on birth control then bring children into the world that are uncared for. I'm trying to do my part to foster to adopt, but not all children will be rescued. Many will age out of the system with no jobs, no education, nothing. Living on the streets. And the cycle continues.

While some people choose life paths that arent exactly smiled upon, life happens. We cant all be perfect.

As far as im concerned.... its unhealthy and immoral and highly irresponisble for some people NOT to be on birth control.
November 24th, 2011, 03:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I simply and wholeheartedly do not agree. Birth control is immoral - always.

Mama to:
Nick, 18
Abby, 16
Gabe, 14
Isaac, 12
Mary-Kate, 11
Sam, 9
Henry, 8
Molly, 7
Mark, 5
Greta, 4
Cecilia,2
Josephine,1
Baby due Jan. 2014
November 24th, 2011, 03:23 AM
Preggo Foster Momma!
You can disagree.
I respect that.
just keep in mind you just called a majority of the women here immoral. May be take offensively.

There have been several things you have posted i disagree with. Usually i dont speak up, this time I had to.

Last edited by Zoii; November 24th, 2011 at 05:30 AM.
November 24th, 2011, 03:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Ana*Addey*OliveMommy
We are done. DH will be getting snipped. I have done all the work with the babies so its hi "job" to get snipped. I do not want to go back on b/c and we are fertile since having DD1 so we need to prevent I do not trust family planning with being done.

Do not mention on FB
November 24th, 2011, 04:00 AM
Preggo Foster Momma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana*Addey*OliveMommy View Post
We are done. DH will be getting snipped. I have done all the work with the babies so its hi "job" to get snipped. I do not want to go back on b/c and we are fertile since having DD1 so we need to prevent I do not trust family planning with being done.
I couldn't convince my husband that he would be the one getting "snipped" until I told him new technology involved a laser.

Silly men and their toys. *face palm*
November 24th, 2011, 06:55 AM
Crystal713's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Crystal713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoii View Post
You can disagree.
I respect that.
just keep in mind you just called a majority of the women here immoral. May be take offensively.

There have been several things you have posted i disagree with. Usually i dont speak up, this time I had to.

Thank you!

There have been several things that I have found offensive that you have said, joyfulchaosmama and if you feel the need to be so judgmental of people thats fine, but maybe try not being so vocal about it. This is the kind of thing that starts drama,fights, and hard feelings in DDCs.

Last edited by Crystal713; November 24th, 2011 at 01:47 PM.
November 24th, 2011, 07:05 AM
Super Mommy
I always wanted 4 kids. DH only wanted 2. So we compromised on 3 and he will be getting the ol' snip, snip once this baby is born. Even though I agree this is our last something bothers me about the thought of not be capable of having more kids so he graciously volunteered so I didn't have to get any procedure done.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search