1am call to OB on Thanksgiving....

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 24th, 2011, 02:48 AM
Preggo Foster Momma!
I was so desperate!
This constipation is ridiculous. I've dealt with some pretty bad constipation that's put me in the ER in the past, but not like this.
Blood and tears. Litterally.
As i was laying in the tub bawling my eyes out, for a moment I actually wondered if I should have gotten pregnant. Woah. Not to mention the hormonal rage on husband. Poor man.

I had a laxative that the MD approved. Had enough relief that I was able to lay down and relax.

Sorry to rant.... I'm not a happy pregnant woman right now!
Thanks for listening.
November 24th, 2011, 03:26 AM
RachaelDMommaTo3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to RachaelDMommaTo3 Send a message via Yahoo to RachaelDMommaTo3
I'm sorry you're having a rough time! I hope you feel better soon.

November 24th, 2011, 03:34 AM
Preggo Foster Momma!
Thank you! Me too!
November 24th, 2011, 03:52 AM
Amazona's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry Jaana
I know what it's like because with my son I went to the ER several times starting at 13 weeks for the same problem (only I didn't know constipation was causing the contractions).

If you want some advice, do what it takes.
I had to use glycerin suppositories (which are not harmful to the baby, it just helps lubricate the end) and then when that didn't even work I had to take Milk of Magnesia, which is a natural laxative approved for pregnancy.
I would ask your dr if any of there are options to you (never take anything without consulting). They will recommend fiber, exercise, a stool softener (such as colace) but none of I worked for me.

Hang in there, there's always a solution (coming from a woman who also wondered why the hell she got pregnant)

November 24th, 2011, 03:57 AM
Preggo Foster Momma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazona View Post
I'm so sorry Jaana
I know what it's like because with my son I went to the ER several times starting at 13 weeks for the same problem (only I didn't know constipation was causing the contractions).

If you want some advice, do what it takes.
I had to use glycerin suppositories (which are not harmful to the baby, it just helps lubricate the end) and then when that didn't even work I had to take Milk of Magnesia, which is a natural laxative approved for pregnancy.
I would ask your dr if any of there are options to you (never take anything without consulting). They will recommend fiber, exercise, a stool softener (such as colace) but none of I worked for me.

Hang in there, there's always a solution (coming from a woman who also wondered why the hell she got pregnant)
Thank you!
Yeah, I was so desperate, I almost took the RX prescription without even calling the doctor because I felt so guilty about waking him up on Thanksgiving. Thank goodness for the hubby. He made the phone call.
The prescription stuff seems to work a little- at least took the edge off. (Otherwise I wouldn't be typing to you right now.)
I've heard about MOM... I am willing to do anything at this point. I see him again for a recheck in about a week- I'll probably ask for a list and stock my cabinets. This WILL NOT happen again! lol

Funny you mention contractions- That can happen? I've never been pregnant before, but I have never felt the pain quite like today. That's really scary. I hope it was just.... well, not the uterus getting involved.
November 24th, 2011, 03:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Ana*Addey*OliveMommy
Aww hugs that is hard. I have had that too! But I know foods that make me ill because of gallbladder issues so I will tell DH I have to go to this place that I know the food will do it. And of course we leave right away and go to help me! Hope you are able to get more relief soon!!

Do not mention on FB
November 24th, 2011, 04:04 AM
Preggo Foster Momma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana*Addey*OliveMommy View Post
Aww hugs that is hard. I have had that too! But I know foods that make me ill because of gallbladder issues so I will tell DH I have to go to this place that I know the food will do it. And of course we leave right away and go to help me! Hope you are able to get more relief soon!!
I had the lack of gall badder on my side for SOOO long! All I would have to do was eat a greasy cheeseburger and things would happen!

Then I had weight loss surgery and I can't eat high fat foods or buns without getting sick (and not in a helpful way)! Doh!
November 24th, 2011, 04:07 AM
cmom3's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm so sorry you are having such a hard time right now. I hope this all subsides and you start to feel better soon.
November 24th, 2011, 04:08 AM
Preggo Foster Momma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmom3 View Post
I'm so sorry you are having such a hard time right now. I hope this all subsides and you start to feel better soon.
Thank you
November 24th, 2011, 05:37 AM
SuperMartianRobotMom6's Avatar Proud Mama & Happy Wife
Im so sorry, warm prune juice helps.. Its disgusting.. But it gets the "ball rolling" lol

I hope things get better :hugs:

November 24th, 2011, 07:06 AM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
I feel you. I eat prunes every day, take a stool softener every day, eat a lot of fiber, and still have serious constipation. I am ALWAYS crampy and gassy because of it. I also go literally once a week and it is painful. I might try those suppositories. I am completely not against an enema, but my doctor does not recommend it. It sucks.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
November 24th, 2011, 07:45 AM
MoMMy2*Vicky.Hayd.and.K*'s Avatar Expecting #4 :)
i'm glad your feeling much better now! i'm lucky to never had that problem while preggo but i can't imagine how uncomfortable it could be!!! keep drinking a lot of water, fiber and moving around.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my Beautiful Siggy!

:

Expecting #4 Can't believe we caught the first egg! ~.*PiNk Baby Dust ViBeS*.~
November 24th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Veteran
Glad you found some relief. I also don't have a galbladder but was having slight constipation early on which was weird b/c I'm more prone to the opposite. Since I've been making sure I take my Omega 3-6-9 oil from the vitamin shoppe every day I haven't had any more issues.

November 24th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Amazona's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoii View Post
Funny you mention contractions- That can happen? I've never been pregnant before, but I have never felt the pain quite like today. That's really scary. I hope it was just.... well, not the uterus getting involved.
Yes, definitely but not at this point.
It happened later on, after 20 weeks when the poop was squishing my uterus down (gross, I know). So I was constipated in the 1st part of the intestin but not the end. That´s why only MOM worked and the glycerin suppositories stopped working... because the sups only help lubricate the end of it.

Sorry, I know but it´s no fun at all!!

As for real contractions, well, all I can say is that when I went into labor I thought I wanted to poop

November 24th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Regular
Glade that you are feeling a whole lot better. There is nothing worse then not being able to go #2. But glade you feel better!!!

Make a pregnancy ticker

November 24th, 2011, 12:46 PM
Preggo Foster Momma!
Thanks everyone for your well wishes!
November 24th, 2011, 12:56 PM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Popping in from January to say, try Colace stool softener. Ask your doctor to make sure it's ok for you to take (it is for most pregnant women, but I don't know about using it with your surgery), but it was the only thing that saved me! I actually ended up with vaginal bleeding from straining so much to go and found out that taking fiber when you are that constipated only makes you hurt worse. Between the Colace and glycerin suppositories, your life will change for the better!

P.S. I still take the Colace once every few days as a preventative of sorts. I can't take it everyday, (it's too much if I'm not constipated) but it has kept me from getting back to being that constipated again. Take care!

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
November 24th, 2011, 07:01 PM
Preggo Foster Momma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepSouthMommy View Post
Popping in from January to say, try Colace stool softener. Ask your doctor to make sure it's ok for you to take (it is for most pregnant women, but I don't know about using it with your surgery), but it was the only thing that saved me! I actually ended up with vaginal bleeding from straining so much to go and found out that taking fiber when you are that constipated only makes you hurt worse. Between the Colace and glycerin suppositories, your life will change for the better!

P.S. I still take the Colace once every few days as a preventative of sorts. I can't take it everyday, (it's too much if I'm not constipated) but it has kept me from getting back to being that constipated again. Take care!
Thank you! ill add this to my list! That's scary you had vaginal bleeding.
Take care! January is sure getting close!
November 24th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Anxious New Mommy
Omgosh...dealing with this right now. Trying to "relax" and eating some prunes...and just took my fiber gummies. NEVER had this problem before...and it is literally a pita!

November 25th, 2011, 04:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ugh, I am so there!!! I just went 14 days without a single passing of ANY stool and I thought I was going to DIE! I have been taking metamucil, drinking prune juice, eating nothing but fruits and veggies, taking 3 colace per day and still NOTHING! I resorted to fleets enema which still didn't help...but it sure did make me hurt! My doctor gave me permission for a dulcolax suppository and that worked...it hurt..but it worked! Also told me if I'm not peeing at least once an hour, I'm not drinking enough water...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search