The nausea is unbearable!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 24th, 2011, 06:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi everyone - I'm new to this group. (old-timer from May 2008 DDC but pregnant again with number 2). I'm MISERABLE with the nausea this time around. Had it last time, but not this bad. It's ALL day non-stop. I'm off work this week but I have no idea how I'm gonna be able to go back next week. I tried Dramamine, Emetrol, and Sea-Bands, but nothing works.

Are any of you taking any prescription meds from your doc? And if so, are they working?

November 24th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Preggo Foster Momma!
Zofran works really well. It was a huge relief.
Just be sure to take fiber with it.... a lot of it.
It causes a lot of constipation in many women.
November 24th, 2011, 11:39 PM
RachaelDMommaTo3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to RachaelDMommaTo3 Send a message via Yahoo to RachaelDMommaTo3
Welcome to the ddc! I'm sorry you're feeling so bad! My nausea has been much worse this time around too! With my boys I barely had any nausea.. and this time I have felt awful! I'm hoping I'll be feeling better soon!

November 25th, 2011, 08:04 AM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
I am on Zophran too. It works miracles. It helps for a while, and it is even better at night when you cannot sleep from the ill feeling.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
November 25th, 2011, 09:04 AM
Blue_Jar_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I did not take anything this time. I had it BAD until about 10 and a half weeks. Then it went from throwing up in the morning once and being nauseous all day.....to just being nauseous all day....to just being nauseous when I'm too hungry. Now I'm ok when I get up and it has been wonderful to barely feel sick! Chances are as you reach the second trimester, it will ease off. Hang in there! It will be better soon.

My midwife recommended sea bands but I never got any.

Girl (12), Boy (9), Boy (4), Boy (2)
Expecting Baby #5 Christmas Eve 2014TEAM PINK!!

November 25th, 2011, 01:58 PM
GirliMumi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm taking Diclectin (2 in the am and 2 in the pm) and just last week had to add an extra at lunch time. The nausea is brutal. I tried to hold off the sick because I was so sick with my first the entire preg (from POAS to delivery) so I knew it could come back and it totally did. Even with 4 pills I was throwing up on the weekend so I added another. Definately talk to your Doctor. I'm with you on the working. terrible. Good Luck!!!
November 25th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Super Mommy
I'm on phenergan (sp). Makes me super sleepy, so works well at night. It mainly stops the extra saliva which definitely helps!
November 25th, 2011, 04:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Right there with you. I've been hospitalized twice now for hyperemesis. It is getting reallllly old. I'm hoping the second trimester will have relief.....I take zofran and phenergan and it does help keep me from vomiting, but it doesn't seem to do too much for the actual nausea...and yes, it has a terrible side effect of constipation. My doc told me while taking it I should be drinking enough water that I am peeing every single hour! I hope you find something that works for you!

November 25th, 2011, 04:24 PM
GirliMumi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Seriously with the saliva! That's the worst!!!
November 25th, 2011, 06:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks everyone! I called my doc's answering service today and was able to get a prescription called in. She gave me zofran and phenergan. So far I've taken zofran today and I was up all day, ate at every meal, and put up most of our christmas decorations! (BIG difference from the last three days where I barely got out of bed!). So far, so good. At least it's bearable now.
:-)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search