Need Opinions: "Mom clothes syndrome??"

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 25th, 2011, 01:49 PM
SuperMartianRobotMom6's Avatar Proud Mama & Happy Wife
So Id kinda like this to be an open discussion where I can hear everyone's opinions.. Because Im not sure how I feel about this.

Having a discussion with DF he casually mentioned that "the girls" dont get much sunlight these days.. And to be honest hes right..
Ive always had like a D cup so they were always there, and well I liked wearing low cut shirts..
No judgement to anyone else, but I had them, so I flaunted them.

Well now my bbs are like a SIZE E theyre just outrageous.. (thank you pregnancy)

But Ive been wearing sweaters and high collared shirts..

I asked my mom about it and she said "Yea Ive noticed that too.. Its mom clothes syndrome.."
And she said this like I was supposed to know what she was talking about LOL!!!
She continued with "Women get pregnant and usually they try to dress more conservative because they're someones mom now."

Im not sure how I feel about this..

But DF and I are going out on a date and I thought I'd "dress sexy"
I have like 2 low cut shirts that still fit.. lol
So I put one on and I feel naked...
Im still debating changing..

So what does everyone think??
I just want some input because Ive NEVER heard of this before

November 25th, 2011, 01:53 PM
GirliMumi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm just like you. D to start and an E or more right now. After I had my first I did go back to more v necks and lower collars in the summer and stuff once I got my figure back. Don't worry, it will come back to you. I found that with the belly growing I tried to cover everything because I gain weight everywhere but eventually you won't care to as much. That and they'll get so big that you won't be ABLE to cover them Sorry, sad but true
November 25th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
There is nothing wrong with dressing with dignity. Modesty is a long forgotten virtue, but a very good one to pass along to our children. Be sexy for your husband alone. Behind closed doors.

Mama to:
Nick, 18
Abby, 16
Gabe, 14
Isaac, 12
Mary-Kate, 11
Sam, 9
Henry, 8
Molly, 7
Mark, 5
Greta, 4
Cecilia,2
Josephine,1
Baby due Jan. 2014
November 25th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Crystal713's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Crystal713
Ahhh Ive been wearing mom clothes for 5 years now. T-shirts, sweatpants, comfy jeans...I dont even bother trying to look nice anymore, for what? To get peed on, spit up on, slobbered on, crawling under the couch the find a toy, rough housing on the floor with the kids etc. No point!! When I was with my ex I would really only dress up when we went out, which was rare. And he didnt really care anyway.

November 25th, 2011, 02:33 PM
RachaelDMommaTo3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to RachaelDMommaTo3 Send a message via Yahoo to RachaelDMommaTo3
I try to dress nice but modest when I'm out of the house. I'm not one to be wearing revealing clothes anyways.. so it's not much different from what I wore before. I noticed after I had Rylan I wasn't really comfortable with walking around in thin strapped tank tops.. I felt like I was naked. lol. I mostly wear nice shirts with jeans and flats. When I'm at home I'm in sweats and a loose tshirt.

November 25th, 2011, 02:43 PM
Super Mommy
Well, I've always dressed modestly (in my opinion, but my grandmother thinks not!) and I see nothing wrong with flaunting what you have in the right clothes. You should wear what you feel comfortable wearing. Two months after birth I finally got a c cup and I flaunted them while I could .
November 25th, 2011, 03:08 PM
Preggo Foster Momma!
After being 300lbs for years of my life, I still find it difficult to let the girls hang out, or show off any part of my body.
Anyone who feels comfortable in a bikini, I get so jealous of.... I couldnt do it!
I dress more "sexy" when going out on dates with the hubby. But other than that im in jeans and a t-shirt.
November 25th, 2011, 03:20 PM
Jlynn's Avatar Jamielynn
For sure!! It's funny because I worked at one hair salon for 2 years. Then I left to another salon for 3 years had my daughter and then went back to my old salon to work. EVERYONE commented on how much different I dressed. Even said I lost my sexyness (nice right). I never notcied it but it was true. It just happend.

My boobs were an E towards the end of my last pregnancy and then for a year while I nursed. They hurt and just didn't feel like sexy boobs anymore... I was now a milk machine...nothing felt sexy about that?? lol
IUI #1 = BFP but ended in the loss of our boy Carter
12 failed IUIs followed
After TTC baby #2 for 3 years....
We are happily ADOPTING our rainbow baby.
Read my story here it is part of a campaign I was asked to Join...
November 25th, 2011, 03:39 PM
PuppyLove22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think I dress a little more covered up right now because I feel fat and uncomfortable in my clothes. But my boobs still get shown the same amount LOL I was a C before and closer to a D now.

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my beautiful siggy!!

November 26th, 2011, 08:14 AM
lromkee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree with what Lisa said.

November 26th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Blue_Jar_Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We haven't been on a date in 10 years, so I can't help you there. LOL

But yes, I do think the way you dress should change a little when you age. It has nothing to do with being a mother. I just think it's inappropriate to dress like you are 18 when you are pushing 30. With age your style should change and I know a LOT of people that never got that memo.

I've been a mother since I was 16 so I never got to do the whole sexy stage, not that I even would. I have a hard time even showing the slightest amount of cleavage in a regular shirt. I will usually wear a layering tank top under so you can't see anything when I bend over. I typically just wear jeans and V neck shirts.

You can be cute and stylish and still be a mom.

Girl (12), Boy (9), Boy (4), Boy (2)
Expecting Baby #5 Christmas Eve 2014 TEAM PINK!!

~Audrey Elizabeth~

November 26th, 2011, 10:12 AM
Blue_Jar_Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
On a funny side note, I clicked your Facebook profile earlier (I'm not a crazy stalker, your page is public lol) and I saw the words AR-15 and zombie in the same post. I think my husband would run away with yours if he had the chance. LOL It's ALLLLLLLL I hear. All we watch. All he looks up online. Guns and Zombies.

Girl (12), Boy (9), Boy (4), Boy (2)
Expecting Baby #5 Christmas Eve 2014 TEAM PINK!!

~Audrey Elizabeth~

November 26th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Amazona's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I still wear the same clothes as before - regardless of how much or little cleavage I showed which is not relevant.
But I do admit that while I was breastfeeding and my boobs were ginormous, I did cover up more... Which is totally funny because my boobs were more out than in

What I did change were bras. The ones I used before don't fit anymore. I was a B and used push-up bras and now I'm a C and no push-up

November 26th, 2011, 07:05 PM
KiwiMommy's Avatar Ashlynn's Mama
I was never into the dressing up stage, but after DD was born I had even less desire to dress "cute" LOL
More because I just couldn't pull it off with mommy tatas and a mommy pooch at the age of 18/19.
I recently was dressing a little nicer (and by nicer I mean button up shirts, more fitted shirts and jeans.. I've never been one to expose cleavage) but with the bump, none of it fits right now Maybe one day.

Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search