So update on our Thanksgiving (OT)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 25th, 2011, 07:21 PM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
I signed up for weekly emails from our local police department. Basically it is a list of all complaints for the whole week. It lists names, ages, offenses, etc.. Basically you don't want to get caught doing something bad in our small town. Lol.

Anyway, I got an email alert today, and they caught the kids who destroyed our mailbox (along with a whole lot of others). Two 15 year olds and a 14 year old were caught that morning around 2:30 am on an ATV. They damaged 17 cars, and so far an unknown amount of mailboxes. There may even be more cars, as people are coming back from the holidays to find their cars damaged. I guess the report says as of now there is over $7k worth of damage with more pending more people coming forward. We were not going to file a report, but we still have our old mailbox, so we are filing one in the morning. They hit 2 nrighborhoods, and fled on foot when the police found them after they wrecked their ATV. They were caught in the woods later on covered in mud. Wow... just wow...

Anyway, I guess with the amount of damage the kids did, it is considered a felony. They even admitted to the cops that they have done this multiple times before. Plus to top it off, they are not even from our town, but from the town south of us. I hope they learn their lesson, and I seriously hope their parents get a huge wake up call. Especially now that they are liable for all that damage.

Anyway, I'd thought I share!

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
November 25th, 2011, 07:27 PM
kchav314's Avatar Super Mommy
Crazy! Glad they caught them so hopefully it won't happen again. I would definitely file a claim!

November 25th, 2011, 11:16 PM
RachaelDMommaTo3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to RachaelDMommaTo3 Send a message via Yahoo to RachaelDMommaTo3
Wow I'm glad they caught them! And good for you for filing a report. Everyone should file the report so the kids are held responsible. What in the world were kids that young doing out at 2:30 am?!

November 26th, 2011, 04:43 AM
WoahMama83's Avatar Veteran
Glad they were caught and hopefully it will be a wake up call for both the parents and the kids before they ruin their futures over something like this.

Thank you Babydoll213 for my wonderful siggy!

That's me ~~~>Facebook-Heather
November 26th, 2011, 05:08 AM
cmom3's Avatar Super Mommy
Glad they caught them. We are from a small town too, but with out town it anything happens the whole county will know about it by the next morning. Yes we have alot of people here who like to talk!! My DH and BIL are in law enforcement so I do hear about the crimes that go on around here when they do. It's definitely sad!
November 26th, 2011, 06:41 AM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmom3 View Post
Glad they caught them. We are from a small town too, but with out town it anything happens the whole county will know about it by the next morning. Yes we have alot of people here who like to talk!! My DH and BIL are in law enforcement so I do hear about the crimes that go on around here when they do. It's definitely sad!
Yeah, the reports get pretty detailed here. It is sad what you hear about people. Everyone here knows that if you do not want anyone in your business, don't do anything stupid. Lol.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
November 26th, 2011, 06:46 AM
Crystal713's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Crystal713
Wow, that is crazy. What little brats. I am surrounded by teenagers like that, unfortunately. I live in a fairly big city and all around me are these teenagers that cuss, smoke, destroy, disrespect. I hate it. Cant even leave anything on my porch or they will break it or steal it. It makes me very sad that those kids are our future.

November 26th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Super Mommy
When we lived in the city the teenagers were absolutely horrible. We had our car damaged several times and stuff stolen from our yard. I really appreciate living in a small town now.

My mom is the type that checks the police reports every week to spot anyone she knows. The gossip in small towns is insane! What those kids did was terrible, though. I do remember a bunch of kids breaking into an elementary school and destroying a bunch of property about 6 years ago here. Both kids had jail time and everyone in town knew about it.
November 26th, 2011, 06:58 PM
KiwiMommy's Avatar Ashlynn's Mama
We also live in a small town, so if something happens EVERYONE knows who it was.. IF a claim is filed. We had someone throw an entire computer monitor (and not flat screen, either) through my stepfather's work van windshield a few years back. No idea who it was, though.
Glad you're filing a claim. Their parents need to realize what they're letting their children get away with, and realize that this time they AREN'T getting away with it.
So sad for these kids

Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search